Windows 10: Hide an gpt partition

Discus and support Hide an gpt partition in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, i need to hide my recovery partition but i'm using gpt. does anyone know how to hide? the Set id only work in mbr mode *Sad thanks 36927 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Guimenez, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Guimenez Win User

Hide an gpt partition

Hi,
    i need to hide my recovery partition but i'm using gpt.
    does anyone know how to hide?
    the Set id only work in mbr mode *Sad
    thanks

:)

Guimenez, Jan 9, 2016

2. Western Digital 3TB drive for windows 10

first thing for the boot drive is,

the motherboard BIOS / UEFI must support access to GPT HDDs

with MBR you cannot create a partition larger than 2TB nor can it be extended

when preparing the disk you must set it to GPT before creating partitions

when you start the installation you need to start with either a blank disk (no partitions) convert to GPT before creating partitions or continuing the installation

or prepared the disk in advance setting it as GPT and either creating partition(s) in advance or having windows do the partitioning during installation

also note x86 / 32-bit cannot be setup on or boot from GPT

GPT requires the x64 / 64-bit version

Locutus deBorg, Jan 9, 2016
  3. fg2001 Win User
    Windows 10 1709 64bit, windows image restore to a new drive fails, error 0x80042302

I checked a couple more system disks of 512GB on different PC's that had the partitions created by the install of a fresh windows 10 1709.

The partitions look all the same and in the same order:

1) 499MB GPT NTFS (Recovery partition) Status None

2) 100MB GPT FAT32 (EFI System partition Status Active & System

3) 16MB GPT Other (Reserved partition) Status None

4) 476.3 GB GPT NTFS (Data Partition) Status Boot

The EFI partition would be 260MB for an ADF disk (4K sectors)

fg2001, Jan 9, 2016
  4. cereberus Win User

Hide an gpt partition

Are you saying your recovery partition has been assigned a drive letter.

If so, you could just try removing drive letter in disk management?

cereberus, Jan 9, 2016
  5. Guimenez Win User
    Thanks for replying.
    I'm using winpe to deploy my computers but i need to hide my recovery partition to not be seen in Windows.
    I know how to remove drive letter in Windows using diskpart, but i need to hide in winpe after applying the image.
    Thanks

Guimenez, Jan 9, 2016
  6. lx07 Win User
    Assuming your recovery partition is 1, using diskpart Code: select disk 0 select partition 1 remove set id=de94bba4-06d1-4d40-a16a-bfd50179d6ac gpt attributes=0x8000000000000001[/quote] Deploy Windows RE

lx07, Jan 9, 2016
  7. Guimenez Win User
    Deploy Windows RE[/quote] Thank you i will try it out.
    But remove option will not delete the partition?
    And how can i show it again to make a backup.
    Thank you once again.

Guimenez, Jan 9, 2016
  8. lx07 Win User

Hide an gpt partition

It will not delete the partition.

remove removes any assigned drive letter, assign letter=x assigns drive letter x to the currently selected partition.

You don't normally need to assign a drive letter to make a backup though (depending how you are doing it).

lx07, Jan 9, 2016
  9. Guimenez Win User
    I'm using dism to backup and restore.

Guimenez, Jan 9, 2016
  10. Guimenez Win User
    Deploy Windows RE[/quote] I just want to thank you.
    the gpt attributes=0x8000000000000001 works flawless.
    Thanks

Guimenez, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Hide an gpt partition

1. Hide an gpt partition - Similar Threads - Hide gpt partition

2. Sudden GPT Partition Protection

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sudden GPT Partition Protection: I have a desktop running Windows 10, with all updates in place. In the middle of a simple task, my computer suddenly shut down. Turning it back on, the drive is now Grayed and no longer has a drive letter assigned. The grayed out area now shows GPT Partition Protection. I Can...
  3. Understanding GPT Partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Understanding GPT Partition: I just purchased a new PC. My old PC, which I had for more than 10 years had a 1 tb hdd. If I understand drives the the drive is MBR. The new drive is a SSD BPT. When I got this new one home the first thing I did was delete the extra partitions. Needless to say when I tried...
  4. partitions hide issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    partitions hide issue: Hello seniors I am facing an issue. I have window 10 and 4 partitions on my hard drive. when I start my system sometimes it shows only the window portion C and the other two are hiding what is the problem? [ATTACH]...
  5. Deleting Linux partition with GPT

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deleting Linux partition with GPT: How are the steps different for deleting a Linux partition if my windows is GPT? Can I simply delete the Linux partition and activate secure boot without problems? Could I then turn on fast startup? submitted by /u/RealisticInterest6 [link] [comments]...
  6. Partition sсheme GPT

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Partition sсheme GPT: Hi , i have EFI and windows 10. I want to install Windows Thin(32bit) but in a program like Rufus I can only choose MBR and NTFS. I cant install. How to write to a USB Windows Thin with GPT and FAT32. Did you know live usb with installation Windows Thin? 143203
  7. gpt partition issue

gpt partition issue: I recently purchase a new ssd and decided to do a fresh install of windows on it, only to run into a host of unsolvable problems. Right off the bat windows refused to be installed on to my ssd, so I cleaned it, no effect. So i went into bios and changed from UEFI legacy to...
  8. Partition oddity with GPT

Partition oddity with GPT: I was going to do a Linux Mint upgrade and ran into a partition problem. I had an overlapping partition. I got that straightened out, but when I run Gparted I get the following message and would like to repair the partition table accordingly. While it is a Linux message; the...
  9. 14367 and GPT Partitions

14367 and GPT Partitions: New MB and first time with GPT partitions. Basic question, do I need all of these? 53638
  10. Partition Wizard MBR to GPT

Partition Wizard MBR to GPT: Hi, Attempting to convert a Win 10 64bit installation from MBR to GPT on a Dell E6410 using PartitionWizardPro v10 on a bootable USB. I have ended up with a system which will not boot. I have not used this software before and feel a bit out of my depth here. Before...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Powershell hide my gpt recovery partition gpt attributes=0x8000000000000001