Windows 10: Hide App Notifications Does NOT Work 1709

Discus and support Hide App Notifications Does NOT Work 1709 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, Just installed a clean copy of Win 10 Pro x64 v1709 and I cannot get the registry tweak to work: Turn On or Off Notifications from Apps and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by omidsolo, Nov 21, 2017.

1. omidsolo Win User

Hide App Notifications Does NOT Work 1709

Hi,
    Just installed a clean copy of Win 10 Pro x64 v1709 and I cannot get the registry tweak to work:

Turn On or Off Notifications from Apps and Senders in Windows 10 Customization Tutorials

Settings > System > Notifications & Actions > Get notifications from apps & other senders...

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\PushNotifications]
    "ToastEnabled"=dword:00000000

On a clean Windows install it does not work! Even after logout or restart. Please advise.
    Cheers.

:)

omidsolo, Nov 21, 2017

2. WP 8.1 - Is it possible to hide notification of an app update?

Can one hide the notification that an updated is available for a specific app or version of an app? For example, there is an "update" available for the AT&T app but the reviews indicate that this is a major downgrade of the app. I would like to hide
    the notification until they release a newer version and then hide it again if they have not addressed concerns.

grahamgoddard, Nov 21, 2017
  3. Bob1985H Win User
    Unable to hide task bar on windows 10

I have tried all the above suggestions and still cannot get the task bar to hide. There does not appear to be any notifications and all app notifications are turned off. All updates have been loaded. What next, this is frustrating!

Bob1985H, Nov 21, 2017
Thema:

Hide App Notifications Does NOT Work 1709

1. Hide App Notifications Does NOT Work 1709 - Similar Threads - Hide App Notifications

2. Action center & notifications does not work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Action center & notifications does not work: I stopped getting notifications and found out Action Center isnt working either. When I click the AC button, all I see is a rectangle box in the bottom right.I've tried SFC, DISM fix, Powershell re-register, etc. Any other ideas are appreciated.Bob...
  3. Hide Update Notifications

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hide Update Notifications: So, for the past month or so I've been getting notifications on my gaming laptop that it's time to update my operating system. Each time I've tried updating, the update has failed. Now, this isn't a problem in itself. The problem is that it keeps telling me it's time to...
  4. Mouse hiding does not work (for decades).

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse hiding does not work (for decades).: OK, I've got the same question that people have been asking for years. My mouse does not hide while I'm typing. This is for as long as I've been using Windows (since version 2 in 1991). I use the mouse to select a box for typing in any program (haven't tried Notepad as...
  5. Store apps and notification not working

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Store apps and notification not working: Hi I have developed a problem with some apps installed from the store MS Minesweeper and several of the other MS games, the problem also seems to be affecting my notification window which is empty. The apps work after a boot without a problem as does the notification area...
  6. Store apps and notification not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Store apps and notification not working: Hi I have developed a problem with some apps installed from the store MS Minesweeper and several of the other MS games, the problem also seems to be affecting my notification window which is empty. The apps work after a boot without a problem as does the notification area...
  7. how to hide "notification icon"

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to hide "notification icon": I want to get rid of the following icon, what should I do? [img] 53671
  8. Some Notifications missing in 1709

in Windows 10 Support
    Some Notifications missing in 1709: This could be a setting change but I can't find it. The Problem: Since upgraded my W10 Home system to 1709, I no longer recieve notifications when inserting a USB Stick or a USB external drive. The system does recognize the devices and they show in File Explorer and Disk...
  9. Action Center: Show or Hide Number of New Notifications NOT working

in Windows 10 Support
    Action Center: Show or Hide Number of New Notifications NOT working: Hi all, Despite all is set as instructed also here (Action Center - Show or Hide Number of New Notifications in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums) I do not get the COUNT of new notifications to appear in the Taskbar Icon. The flag changes, yes, but NOT the number of new...
  10. Cannot disable notifications in settings APP or group policy 1709

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot disable notifications in settings APP or group policy 1709: Installed 16299.15 RS3 on test machine. Three notification settings cannot be disabled. Turn them off, and they just turn back on again. (Notifications from Apps and other senders, notifications on lock screen and notifications about VOIP calls). Turned them off, and went...