Windows 10: Hide Device Performance & Health in Windows Security in Windows 10

Discus and support Hide Device Performance & Health in Windows Security in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Hide Device Performance & Health in Windows Security in Windows 10 Hide or Show Device Performance and Health in Windows Security in Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jan 6, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hide Device Performance & Health in Windows Security in Windows 10

How to: Hide Device Performance & Health in Windows Security in Windows 10

Hide or Show Device Performance and Health in Windows Security in Windows 10

Windows 10 Windows Security, which contains Windows Defender Antivirus. When you start up Windows 10 for the first time, Windows Defender Antivirus is on and actively helping to protect your device by scanning for malware (malicious software), viruses, and security threats.

Windows Defender Antivirus uses real-time protection to scan your downloads and the programs you run on your device. Also, Windows Update downloads updates for Windows Defender Antivirus automatically to help keep your device safe and protect it from threats.

Windows Defender Security Center shows you how Windows Defender Antivirus has been protecting you. It shows you when:
    • Your device was last scanned for threats.
    • Your definitions were last updated. Definitions are files that Windows Defender Antivirus uses to protect your device against the latest threats.
    • The Device performance and health scan was run to ensure your device is operating efficiently.
    Starting with Windows 10 17093, the Account protection and Device security protection areas have been added to the Windows Defender Security Center.

Windows Defender Security Center has seven areas that protect your device and let you specify how you want your device protected:
    • Controlled folder access.
    • Account protection - Makes it easier for users to protect their identity when signing in to Windows with the new Account Protection pillar in Windows Defender Security Center. Account Protection will encourage password users to set up Windows Hello Face, Fingerprint or PIN for faster sign in, and will notify Dynamic lock users if Dynamic lock has stopped working because their phone or device Bluetooth is off.
    • Firewall & network protection - Manage the settings for Windows Defender Firewall, and monitor what’s happening with your networks and Internet connections.
    • Exploit protection.
    • Device security - Gives you greater insight into the security features integrated in your Windows device. The Device Security page provides you with status reporting and management of security features built into your devices – including toggling features on to provide enhanced protections.
    • Device performance & health - See status about your device’s performance health and keep your device clean and up to date with the latest version of Windows 10.
    • Family options - Provides easy access to managing your childrens’ online experiences and the devices in your household.
    Starting with Windows 10 version 1709, the Device Performance & Health area can be hidden from users of the PC. This can be useful if you don't want them to see or have access to this area.

If you choose to hide the Device Performance & Health area, it will no longer appear on the home page of the Windows Defender Security Center app, and its icon will not be shown on the navigation bar on the side of the app.

This tutorial will show you how to hide or show the Device performance and health area in the Windows Security app for all users in Windows 10.

*Warning You must be signed in as an administrator to hide or show this area in Windows Security.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Hide or Show "Device Performance & Health" in Windows Security using Local Group Policy Editor
    • Option Two: Hide or Show "Device Performance & Health" in Windows Security using a REG file

EXAMPLE: "Device Performance & Health" section in Windows Security

Hide Device Performance & Health in Windows Security in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] Hide or Show "Device Performance & Health" in Windows Security using Local Group Policy Editor

*note The Local Group Policy Editor is only available in the Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, and Education editions.

All editions can use Option TWO below.
    1. Open the Local Group Policy Editor.

2. In the left pane of Local Group Policy Editor, navigate to the location below. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows components\Windows Defender Security Center\Device performance and health

OR

(Windows build 17661 and later)
    *Arrow Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows components\Windows Security\Device performance and health

3. In the right pane of Device performance and health in Local Group Policy Editor, double click/tap on the Hide the Device performance and health area policy to edit it. (see screenshot above)

4. Do step 5 (show) or step 6 (hide) below for what you would like to do.

5. To Show "Device Performance & Health" in Windows Security
    A) Select (dot) Not Configured or Disabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

*note Not Configured is the default setting.

6. To Hide "Device Performance & Health" in Windows Security
    A) Select (dot) Enabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

7. Close the Local Group Policy Editor.

OPTION TWO [/i] Hide or Show "Device Performance & Health" in Windows Security using a REG file

*note The downloadable .reg files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender Security Center\Device performance and health

UILockdown DWORD

(delete) = Show
    1 = Hide

1. Do step 2 (show) or step 3 (hide) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Show "Device Performance & Health" in Windows Security
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Show_Device_performance_and_health_in_Windows_Defender_Security_Center.reg

Download

3. To Hide "Device Performance & Health" in Windows Security
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Hide_Device_performance_and_health_in_Windows_Defender_Security_Center.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. Restart the computer to apply.

8. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Jan 6, 2017
  2. Anna Bon Win User

Device Performance & Health feature

This can be an issue with the old driver, update or hardware. However, for us to fully identify what is causing the issue, we may need to perform some troubleshooting steps. Please follow the steps below and check if it helps:

Step 1: Use System File Checker to check for system file corruption.

• Right-click (or press and hold) the Start 
      button, then select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Enter sfc/scannow(note the space between "sfc" and "/").
    Step 2: Perform a clean boot. It will start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers
    and start up programs. It will also eliminate software conflicts that could occur when you install a program, or an update, or when you run a program in Windows.

Once done, check if your Device Performance & Health will work and generate a report.

Let us know the result of the suggested steps.

Thank you.

Anna Bon, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Jelu Cal Win User
    Device and performance & health

Hi,

The result of the Health report is indicative of an issue with the device drivers. To better understand your concern, we'd like to know the following:

• If you're able to check if there are pending updates per device driver on your PC. To do this, see screenshot below.

Hide Device Performance & Health in Windows Security in Windows 10 24cf136e-ef70-4ca4-aa6b-bf283c71a623.png

• If you're able to see the details of the Health report by clicking the Learn more button.

Hide Device Performance & Health in Windows Security in Windows 10 b6b886a4-f1b6-46c5-83e4-2abf59a62d90.png

• The last activities that you've performed on your device prior to your concern.
    • If you're referring to the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter when you mentioned about running the troubleshooter.
    • The version of Windows 10 that you're using on your device. To check this, you can perform the steps posted on this

link

We look forward to your response.

Jelu Cal, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Anna Bon Win User
    Device Performance & Health feature

Thank you for letting us know the result Verdie. Since this issue happened right after Creators Update, we suggest that you delete the update first. Once done, let us perform the Media Creation Tool on your Windows 10. This will help refresh the system further.
    For detailed instructions, please check this link. After this, we can reinstall the Creators Update.

Lastly, please check if you can then generate a report on Device Performance & Health feature.

Keep us updated with the result of the steps given.

Thank you.

Anna Bon, Oct 26, 2019
  6. device performance and health status is red cross mark

Hello Johnny,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please provide some additional information, so that we can assist you better.

Where do you see exact red cross mark or under which options does it shows?

Device performance & health in Windows Security helps you keep your devices refreshed and up to date with the latest version of Windows 10. Device health advisor monitors your device
    and provides you with information and recommendations in a Health report to address common issues with your storage capacity, device drivers, battery life, or Windows Update.

I would suggest you to check if all the updates are installed on your Windows. You may refer the Microsoft article to

check Windows update
    under the section
    how do I update manually

For more information you may refer Microsoft article related to
    Device and performance health in Windows Security.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes or No’.

Harish

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Harish_kum, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Hide Device Performance & Health in Windows Security in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Hide Device Performance

2. firewall & network protection, device security, and device performance & health missing in...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    firewall & network protection, device security, and device performance & health missing in...: photo with black background: other people photo with white background: mehow to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/firewall-network-protection-device-security-and/181315ae-3e0b-4df0-a9e3-6366b1015c03
  3. Device Performance & Health

Device Performance & Health: Hello guys, Is there something wrong if the device performance and health went to black dot instead of green check? Thank you. I just recently upgraded my RAM when this happened.. from 4GB to 12 GB [ATTACH]...
  4. device performance and health

in Windows 10 Customization
    device performance and health: no green check mark in device performance and health and it writes no action needed sfc scannow dism .exe cleanup image or restore health or scan health wont help me ..i tried all clean boot no help ..latest version of windows 10 1903 latest update of windows defender...
  5. Device performance and health windows 10 version 1903

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Device performance and health windows 10 version 1903: All of my clients which have windows 10 version 1809 have a green check on device performance and health has also a green check mark in Sccm server current branch 1906. Hence I can remote control in from my SCCM server to all clients which have windows 10 version 1809....
  6. device performance & health

device performance & health: hi , why my device performance &health , always shows "status unknow" so what can I do ? , for my device working better . [ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/device-performance-health/fe009518-f9a2-4c15-932e-76381fd5a2ec
  7. Device performance & health

Device performance & health: hi , my device performance & health shows a "status unknown " and my pc performance is too slow at present time when I am update a window before two-four days and some time its start a more than 4-6 min . I am scan full scan pc with help of support assist a "full scan" ....
  8. Window Security Panel Device Performance & Health Icon

Window Security Panel Device Performance & Health Icon: Window Security Panel Device Performance & Health Icon in Windows 10v.1903 is showing "no action needed", but does not have a green tick like all the other categories do (except family options which have not been set). If I click on the icon it lists things like battery...
  9. Device Performance and health settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Device Performance and health settings: Missing the green check mark in [Version 10.0.18362.145]it was there before I upgraded https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/device-performance-and-health-settings/1ec8bdec-2dd3-4927-87a0-b627363c4af1
  10. Hide Device Security in Windows Security in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide Device Security in Windows Security in Windows 10: How to: Hide Device Security in Windows Security in Windows 10 Hide or Show Device Security in Windows Security in Windows 10 Windows 10 Windows Security, which contains Windows Defender Antivirus. When you start up Windows 10 for the first time, Windows Defender...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows Defender Security Center > Device Performance & Health > Additional info > Get Started to start a refresh