Windows 10: Hide Device Security in Windows Security in Windows 10

Discus and support Hide Device Security in Windows Security in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Hide Device Security in Windows Security in Windows 10 Hide or Show Device Security in Windows Security in Windows 10 Windows 10 Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hide Device Security in Windows Security in Windows 10

How to: Hide Device Security in Windows Security in Windows 10

Hide or Show Device Security in Windows Security in Windows 10

Windows 10 Windows Security, which contains Windows Defender Antivirus. When you start up Windows 10 for the first time, Windows Defender Antivirus is on and actively helping to protect your device by scanning for malware (malicious software), viruses, and security threats.

Windows Defender Antivirus uses real-time protection to scan your downloads and the programs you run on your device. Also, Windows Update downloads updates for Windows Defender Antivirus automatically to help keep your device safe and protect it from threats.

Windows Defender Security Center shows you how Windows Defender Antivirus has been protecting you. It shows you when:
    • Your device was last scanned for threats.
    • Your definitions were last updated. Definitions are files that Windows Defender Antivirus uses to protect your device against the latest threats.
    • The Device performance and health scan was run to ensure your device is operating efficiently.
    Starting with Windows 10 17093, the Account protection and Device security protection areas have been added to the Windows Defender Security Center.

Windows Defender Security Center has seven areas that protect your device and let you specify how you want your device protected:
    • Controlled folder access.
    • Account protection - Makes it easier for users to protect their identity when signing in to Windows with the new Account Protection pillar in Windows Defender Security Center. Account Protection will encourage password users to set up Windows Hello Face, Fingerprint or PIN for faster sign in, and will notify Dynamic lock users if Dynamic lock has stopped working because their phone or device Bluetooth is off.
    • Firewall & network protection - Manage the settings for Windows Defender Firewall, and monitor what’s happening with your networks and Internet connections.
    • Exploit protection.
    • Device security - Gives you greater insight into the security features integrated in your Windows device. The Device Security page provides you with status reporting and management of security features built into your devices – including toggling features on to provide enhanced protections.
    • Device performance & health - See status about your device’s performance health and keep your device clean and up to date with the latest version of Windows 10.
    • Family options - Provides easy access to managing your childrens’ online experiences and the devices in your household.
    Starting with Windows 10 version 1709, the Device security area can be hidden from users of the PC. This can be useful if you don't want them to see or have access to this area.

If you choose to hide the Device security area, it will no longer appear on the home page of the Windows Defender Security Center app, and its icon will not be shown on the navigation bar on the side of the app.

This tutorial will show you how to hide or show the Device security area in the Windows Security app for all users in Windows 10.

*Warning You must be signed in as an administrator to hide or show this area in Windows Security.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Hide or Show "Device security" in Windows Security using Local Group Policy Editor
    • Option Two: Hide or Show "Device security" in Windows Security using a REG file

EXAMPLE: "Device security" area in Windows Security

*note What you see in "Device security" will depend on the security features that comes built into your device.

Hide Device Security in Windows Security in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] Hide or Show "Device security" in Windows Security using Local Group Policy Editor

*note The Local Group Policy Editor is only available in the Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, and Education editions.

All editions can use Option Two below.
    1. Open the Local Group Policy Editor.

2. In the left pane of Local Group Policy Editor, navigate to the location below. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows components\Windows Defender Security Center\Device security

OR

(Windows build 17661 and later)
    *Arrow Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows components\Windows Security\Device security

3. In the right pane of Device security in Local Group Policy Editor, double click/tap on the Hide the Device security area policy to edit it. (see screenshot above)

4. Do step 5 (show) or step 6 (hide) below for what you would like to do.

5. To Show "Device security" in Windows Security
    A) Select (dot) Not Configured or Disabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

*note Not Configured is the default setting.

6. To Hide "Device security" in Windows Security
    A) Select (dot) Enabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

7. Close the Local Group Policy Editor.

OPTION TWO [/i] Hide or Show "Device security" in Windows Security using a REG file

*note The downloadable .reg files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender Security Center\Device security

UILockdown DWORD

(delete) = Show
    1 = Hide

1. Do step 2 (show) or step 3 (hide) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Show "Device security" in Windows Security
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Show_Device_security_in_Windows_Defender_Security_Center.reg

Download

3. To Hide "Device security" in Windows Security
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Hide_Device_security_in_Windows_Defender_Security_Center.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. Restart the computer to apply.

8. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Sep 17, 2015
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

• Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Oh and OSX
    Here is a statement from a Kernal Developer at Red Hat:

I'm not sure this exploits the legacy BIOS but rather it exploits the legacy boot method on MBR drives, injecting a signed key before the OS boots, which you are correct in that it has nothing to do with Windows 8. And the simplest fix would just be to require boot drives use GPT when Secure Boot is enabled in UEFI.

newtekie1, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

So Linux is switching to secure boot also? Or they have to because of UEFI?

Damn_Smooth, Oct 27, 2019
  4. BOW
    Bow Win User

Windows Security

Is Windows Security, Fire Wall and Defender enough to protect a system? All I use it for is games, email, and some surfin the net.

5. digibucc Win User
    Windows 8 Secure Boot: Designed to Lock Out Linux?

from the article:
    translation:
    so if an oem manufacturer wants their firmware to enable secure boot with windows, it will be controlled and mandated by microsoft.

in order to allow secured boot, they will need to follow msofts rules. since the signed os bit is part of UEFI anyway, i'm not sure what rules microsoft will impose, but this is fancy speak trying to hide the fact that they WILL mandate and control firmwares that enable secured boot for windows.

not saying that does or doesn't make sense, they just deliberately tried to hide that point.

digibucc, Oct 27, 2019
  6. AsRock Win User
    Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Hide Device Security in Windows Security in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Hide Device Security

2. Windows security: Device security Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows security: Device security Problem: I tried everything, even tried to restart my devices over tons of times but it didn't resolve my problem. From the past few days, this problem remained. The section of Windows security called Device security shows me, 'Local Security Protection is off. Your device may be...
  3. Windows security: Device security Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows security: Device security Problem: I tried everything, even tried to restart my devices over tons of times but it didn't resolve my problem. From the past few days, this problem remained. The section of Windows security called Device security shows me, 'Local Security Protection is off. Your device may be...
  4. Windows Device Security

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Device Security: Hello, when I booted up my computer this evening in my Device Security settings it said that the security processor was not available which is unusual as I am sure this setting has always been on before this point. when entering security processor details it shows a yellow...
  5. Windows Device Security

Windows Device Security: Hello, when I booted up my computer this evening in my Device Security settings it said that the security processor was not available which is unusual as I am sure this setting has always been on before this point. when entering security processor details it shows a yellow...
  6. Windows Security -> Device Security Problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security -> Device Security Problem: I just receive this warning in Device Security stating " Memory integrity is off. Your device may be vulnerable" just this day a while before this post. I can no longer access settings inside Device Security, All its written there is Standard hardware security not supported,...
  7. Device security in Windows security

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device security in Windows security: HI I would like to ask a question please if I may. Just now I clicked on Windows security in the lower task bar and the screen came up in windows security saying look at security at a glance. So I found out that device security it had a grey button under device security the...
  8. Device security in Windows security

Device security in Windows security: HI I would like to ask a question please if I may. Just now I clicked on Windows security in the lower task bar and the screen came up in windows security saying look at security at a glance. So I found out that device security it had a grey button under device security the...
  9. Hide Device Performance & Health in Windows Security in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide Device Performance & Health in Windows Security in Windows 10: How to: Hide Device Performance & Health in Windows Security in Windows 10 Hide or Show Device Performance and Health in Windows Security in Windows 10 Windows 10 Windows Security, which contains Windows Defender Antivirus. When you start up Windows 10 for the first...
  10. Hide Family Options in Windows Security in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide Family Options in Windows Security in Windows 10: How to: Hide Family Options in Windows Security in Windows 10 Hide or Show Family Options in Windows Security in Windows 10 Windows 10 Windows Security, which contains Windows Defender Antivirus. When you start up Windows 10 for the first time, Windows Defender...