Windows 10: hide empty drives

Discus and support hide empty drives in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I usually work with hidden files enabled, and would like to hide empty drives, but it seems my Win 10 Single Language doesn't have this feature,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by myuption, Oct 9, 2015.

1. myuption Win User

hide empty drives

Hello, I usually work with hidden files enabled, and would like to hide empty drives, but it seems my Win 10 Single Language doesn't have this feature, is this normal? *Sad

:)

myuption, Oct 9, 2015
  2. Lead3 Win User

Unable to Hide Empty DVD Drive

Unfortunately, hide empty drives does not hide DVD drives.

If you have e.g. card readers, they will be hidden when you select hide empty drives but only if you select

"don't show hidden files, folders and drives" as well.

Lead3, Oct 9, 2015
  3. Empty Drives Displaying Despite Checking "Hide empty drives"

To answer your query, yes, it will show the hidden empty drives because
    Show hidden files, folder or drives
    was selected. The purpose of the
    Hide empty drives
    option is to hide all the empty drives easily.

Let us know if you have further queries.

Regards.

Stephanie Sal, Oct 9, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

hide empty drives

Brink, Oct 9, 2015
  5. myuption Win User
    Exactly that, I don't have any option to hide empty drives. And I searched all the options. :/

hide empty drives [​IMG]

myuption, Oct 10, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    For Spanish, it should show as "Ocultar unidades vacías".

Check using OPTION THREE in the tutorial I posted above to see if you have the HideDrivesWithNoMedia DWORD to set it with instead.

Brink, Oct 10, 2015
  7. myuption Win User
    Thanks Brink, but seems like something is not right, and yesterday I reinstalled Win 10.

This is how it looks enabled and disabled, they simply fade a bit, but can't make them hide, maybe a driver is missing?

hide empty drives [​IMG]

myuption, Oct 10, 2015
  8. Edwin New Member

hide empty drives

You could remove the drive letters in Disk Management but you must ensure you're not going to use those drives and also that the associated letters will not affect the environment path of any other drive.

hide empty drives [​IMG]

Edwin, Oct 10, 2015
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Oct 10, 2015
  10. Edwin New Member
    Brink's suggestion is the more secure way as you may be disabling card reader/sd card slots by removing drive letters.

Edwin, Oct 10, 2015
  11. myuption Win User
    Thanks, I'll give it a try, I do want to work with hidden folders, it's just those unused card readers that were not there before Win 10.

Have a great week!

myuption, Oct 11, 2015
  12. madmax2 Win User
    I used your reg file
    but it does not hide empty drives from card readers

My usb hub has card reader slots which does not currently have any cards or drives in it

how to hide these drives?

hide empty drives [​IMG]

madmax2, Jul 29, 2016
  13. Brink
    Brink New Member

hide empty drives

Brink, Jul 29, 2016
  14. myuption Win User
    Well... unfortunately, it didn't work for me *Tongue

myuption, Jul 29, 2016
  15. Scott10 Win User
    You can turn those unused drives off by disabling them in Windows Device Manager. Click Computer Management -> Device Manager. Then under Disk drives, right click on the drives you no longer wish to see in Explorer and select "Disable". The will remove them from the Explorer window. You can always go back and re-enable them later.

Here I have 4 USB drive slots for various card readers provided by HP that I never use so I disabled them.

hide empty drives [​IMG]

hide empty drives [​IMG]

Scott10, Jul 29, 2016
Thema:

hide empty drives

1. hide empty drives - Similar Threads - hide empty drives

2. Empty Drives Displaying Despite Checking "Hide empty drives"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Empty Drives Displaying Despite Checking "Hide empty drives": Even though I have "Hide empty drives" checked as I have always empty drives still show in Explorer's right pane.sfc /scannow command was invoked....
  3. Empty Drives Displaying Despite Checking "Hide empty drives"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Empty Drives Displaying Despite Checking "Hide empty drives": Even though I have "Hide empty drives" checked as I have always empty drives still show in Explorer's right pane.sfc /scannow command was invoked....
  4. D: Drive suddenly empty

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    D: Drive suddenly empty: I have partitioned my SSD into 2 drives C: and D: My C: Drive is almost full.I logged into my laptop after 5 days and suddenly noticed that my D: drive is empty. I have 300GBs of data and now no idea where all the data are gone. Is windows update deleted all the files in my...
  5. Hide the empty drive slots from the Performance Tab in Task Manager?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hide the empty drive slots from the Performance Tab in Task Manager?: The Performance Tab in Task Manager on my PC includes empty card reader slots as drives. How do I hide the empty slots/drives from the Performance Tab in Task Manager? Included in the tab are: CPU Memory Disc 0 (C: D:) Disk 1 (J:) Disk 2 (E:) Disk 3 (F:) Disk 4 (H:)...
  6. Temporarily hide a drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Temporarily hide a drive: [ATTACH] I use UltraISO so I do occasionally use drive f but is there any way to hide it unless it has something on it? That isn't the DVD drive though submitted by /u/Ryan_S_Reddit [link] [comments]...
  7. Empty Partition on C: drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Empty Partition on C: drive: Hello, a little while ago i tried to install a linux distribution on my Laptop. Unfortunately, i wasnt able to create a new primary partition because there were alredy four partitions. I wonder if i can delete a partition which is completely empty and does not have any...
  8. Hide network drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hide network drive: I have a network drive mapped and I want to hide it, is it possible? 131356
  9. Hide network drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Hide network drive: I have a network drive mapped and I want to hide it, is it possible? 131356
  10. Can't hide empty dvd drives in windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't hide empty dvd drives in windows 10: I am using Windows 10 pro. I can't hide empty dvd drives in Explorer even though "Hide Empty Drives" and " Do Not Show Hidden Files" are both checked in File Explorer Options/View. Any suggestions?. Thanks 61814