Windows 10: Hide folder names?

Discus and support Hide folder names? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is there any way to hide folder names? But I do mean hide the name, not hide the folder or replace the folder name with a blank character. Like the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Arkotan, Mar 20, 2016.

1. Arkotan Win User

Hide folder names?

Is there any way to hide folder names? But I do mean hide the name, not hide the folder or replace the folder name with a blank character. Like the "hide file names" option but for folders instead

:)

Arkotan, Mar 20, 2016
  2. auggy Win User

paige fault in non paiged area (wdfilter.sys)

Hide Folders may be causing Windows Defender to crash.

Open "Uninstall or change a program" and look for a program called
    Hide Folders
    and uninstall it.

auggy, Mar 20, 2016
  3. Can't create an invisible folder

Hi,

If you want a folder in the Desktop that is not visible, you will have to hide that folder. To hide a folder, right click on the folder, in the "General' tab, check the box against' Hidden'. This will hide the folder and make it invisible. Hope this helps,
    let us know if you have any further queries.

Bennet Martin, Mar 20, 2016
  4. Edwin New Member

Hide folder names?

Hi @Arkotan, welcome to tenforums.com! *Smile

Depends where the folders are. I know there is software to hide folder names but only on the desktop.
    'Re-no-naming' many folders in one location would be a lot of work.

Edwin, Mar 20, 2016
Thema:

Hide folder names?

1. Hide folder names? - Similar Threads - Hide folder names

2. Hide domain name in login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hide domain name in login screen: Greetings Is there any way to hide domain name in windows 10 login screen for end users? Or even if we can replace it by another alias https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hide-domain-name-in-login-screen/d3ff24bd-5904-48b6-84c0-ba919f778322
  3. Hide domain name in login screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hide domain name in login screen: Greetings Is there any way to hide domain name in windows 10 login screen for end users? Or even if we can replace it by another alias https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hide-domain-name-in-login-screen/d3ff24bd-5904-48b6-84c0-ba919f778322
  4. To Hide or Unhide Folders

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    To Hide or Unhide Folders: In my user folder (ex: C:\Users\...) there are many .xxxx files from various programs I've installed. It would be nice to actually use my user folder, but with so many different program files the folder becomes a bit of a mess. I can easily make a folder and its contents...
  5. Is there any way to hide folders with specific name in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there any way to hide folders with specific name in Windows 10: So i have a folder named as 'My Data' in all the drives and in multiple locations. Like in 100s of locations. Basically there are 100s of folders named as 'My Data' scattered all over my computer. I wanted to see if there is any way to hide all these folder from one single...
  6. Un-Hide a folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Un-Hide a folder: One of my folders has gone walkabouts since an update. My Pictures folder on my D: drive has vanished and I can only find some photo's but they were 'hidden' but the folder itself is not showing in the directory so I'm guessing it has somehow been hidden during the last...
  7. Temporarily hide a folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Temporarily hide a folder: I have some photos on an external drive that I sometimes want to access from the Photos app, but I sometimes want to hide when I'm working in the Photos app. I know I can remove the folder from the app, then add it back, but my recollection is that when adding it back, it...
  8. Hide User Name

in Browsers and Email
    Hide User Name: Hello,How do I hide user name from being visible when opening places (not all of them) where I am registered. Password appears like "****...". All that is to do just click on the "Enter" or "Login" button and the door is opened. Answers will be appreciated Thanks 123690
  9. Hide User Name

in Windows 10 Support
    Hide User Name: Hello,How do I hide user name from being visible when opening places (not all of them) where I am registered. Password appears like "****...". All that is to do just click on the "Enter" or "Login" button and the door is opened. Answers will be appreciated Thanks 123690
  10. Hide router name.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hide router name.: How do I stop the router from broadcasting it name? I don't want it to be visible to others. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/hide-router-name/350d169f-9a21-44bc-aa83-c3e0a1684a9e"