Windows 10: Hide or Show Notifications when Duplicating Screen in Windows 10

Discus and support Hide or Show Notifications when Duplicating Screen in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Hide or Show Notifications when Duplicating Screen in Windows 10 How to Hide or Show Notifications when Duplicating Screen in Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hide or Show Notifications when Duplicating Screen in Windows 10

How to: Hide or Show Notifications when Duplicating Screen in Windows 10

How to Hide or Show Notifications when Duplicating Screen in Windows 10

Hide or Show Notifications when Duplicating Screen in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information main display of your Windows 10 PC to project on either the PC screen only, duplicate on second display, extend across all displays, or second screen only.

When you are duplicating your screen during say a presentation, you may not want to have any notifications show.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off hide notifications when duplicating screen for your account in Windows 10.

Note You will need to have Get notifications from apps and other senders turned on to be able to turn on Hide notifications when I'm duplicating my screen below.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Hide or Show Notifications when Duplicating Screen in Settings
    • Option Two: To Hide or Show Notifications when Duplicating Screen using a REG file

OPTION ONE [/i] To Hide or Show Notifications when Duplicating Screen in Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the System icon.

2. Click/tap on Notifications & actions on the left side, and turn on or off (default) to Hide notifications when I'm duplicating my screen for what you want on the right side under Notifications. (see screenshot below)

3. When finished, you can close Settings if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Hide or Show Notifications when Duplicating Screen using a REG file

Note The .reg files below will add and modify the DWORD value in the registry key below

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Notifications\Settings

NOC_GLOBAL_SETTING_SUPRESS_TOASTS_WHILE_DUPLICATING DWORD

(delete) = Off to show notifications
    1 = On to hide notifications

1. Do step 2 or step 3 below for what you would like to do.

2. To Hide Notifications when Duplicating Screen
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Hide_notifications_when_duplicating_screen.reg

Download

3. To Show Notifications when Duplicating Screen
    NOTE: This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Show_notifications_when_duplicating_screen.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. If prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Aug 3, 2015

2. Microsoft News Notifications

Follow these steps to check if it works:

Step 1: Open the Windows Settings menu by pressing the Windows Key and “I,” or alternatively search for Settings in the Windows search bar and click the corresponding result.

Step 2: Click Notifications & Actions in the left-hand menu. This will take you to a screen providing access to all of the settings related to notifications and the Action Center.

Step 3: Click the System icon, then select Notifications and actions from the left-hand menu.

Step 4: Look for the Notifications subheading, where you will see a number of toggles for various types of notifications. The following is a list of the settings you can toggle on this screen:

• Get notifications from apps and other senders
    • Show notifications on the lock screen
    • Show alarms, reminders, and incoming VoIP calls on the lock screen
    • Hide notifications when duplicating my screen
    • Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows
    You may just turn them off the notification as you need.

PeterPeng3, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Arul_D Win User
    How can I hide the notification icon on my taskbar

Hello,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow the steps to hide the notification icon on your taskbar.

• Type Settings on your search bar

• Click on systems

• Select notifications and actions

• Disable all the notifications on the screen
    Hope this information helps. If you have further queries, we will be happy to help.

Arul_D, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Edwin Win User

Hide or Show Notification Area Icons on Taskbar in Windows 10

The tray link, (Option One/Step 2), seems to be depreciated in Build 10130, go to Settings via the other Steps or directly:

Edwin, Oct 26, 2019
  5. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Notifications not showing when using external monitor

Open the Settings app.

Go to System -> Notifications & actions:

On the right, look for the option Hide notifications when I'm duplicating my screen. If you enable it, Windows 10 will show toast notifications when you are duplicating the primary screen

DouglasMillar69, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Hide or Show Notifications when Duplicating Screen in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Hide Show Notifications

2. Hide mouse on duplicate monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hide mouse on duplicate monitor: Dear Friends,I am going to use an app on windows 10 with 2 monitors and the duplicate monitor option, I would like the mouse to only display on the main monitor. It's possible ?...
  3. Show or hide Display options for Update notifications in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    Show or hide Display options for Update notifications in Windows 11: [ATTACH]You can show or hide the Display options for Update notifications on your Windows 11 computer using Group Policy Editor or Registry Editor. This article explains both methods, and you can follow them according to your Windows 11 version (Home, Pro, etc.). Windows 11...
  4. Display Duplication Notification

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display Duplication Notification: I got same notification several times as shown in the attachment when I started to use my laptop after leaving it in sleep condition. Anyone knows what the notification actually means? I wasn't duplicating my screen. My laptop was connected to a wifi....
  5. Windows 10 - Hide Update Notifications

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 - Hide Update Notifications: So, for the past month or so I've been getting notifications on my gaming laptop that it's time to update my operating system. Each time I've tried updating, the update has failed. A problem for a different day The problem I'm having is that Windows keeps telling me it's...
  6. Hide Update Notifications

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hide Update Notifications: So, for the past month or so I've been getting notifications on my gaming laptop that it's time to update my operating system. Each time I've tried updating, the update has failed. Now, this isn't a problem in itself. The problem is that it keeps telling me it's time to...
  7. Hide or Show Notification Area Icons on Taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide or Show Notification Area Icons on Taskbar in Windows 10: How to: Hide or Show Notification Area Icons on Taskbar in Windows 10 How to Hide or Show Notification Area Icons on Taskbar in Windows 10 The notification area is located at the right end of the taskbar, and it contains app icons that provide status and notifications...
  8. Hide or Show Windows Defender Notification Area Icon in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide or Show Windows Defender Notification Area Icon in Windows 10: How to: Hide or Show Windows Security Notification Area Icon in Windows 10 How to Hide or Show Windows Security Notification Area Icon in Windows 10 The version 1703[/b] and later that makes it is easier for you to view and control the security protections you choose...
  9. Hide or Show Content of Notifications on Lock Screen in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide or Show Content of Notifications on Lock Screen in Windows 10: How to: Hide or Show Content of Notifications on Lock Screen in Windows 10 Hide or Show Content of Notifications on Lock Screen in Windows 10 The lock screen is the screen you see when you lock your PC (or when it locks automatically after you haven't been using it for...
  10. Hide or Show File Explorer Sync Provider Notifications in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide or Show File Explorer Sync Provider Notifications in Windows 10: How to: Hide or Show File Explorer Sync Provider Notifications in Windows 10 How to Hide or Show Sync Provider Notifications within File Explorer in Windows 10 Starting with Windows 10 build 14901, Microsoft is testing out new notifications within File Explorer as part...