Windows 10: Hide or Show Process ID in File Explorer Title Bar in Windows 10

Discus and support Hide or Show Process ID in File Explorer Title Bar in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Hide or Show Process ID in File Explorer Title Bar in Windows 10 How to Hide or Show Process ID in File Explorer Title Bar in Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Oct 15, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hide or Show Process ID in File Explorer Title Bar in Windows 10

How to: Hide or Show Process ID in File Explorer Title Bar in Windows 10

How to Hide or Show Process ID in File Explorer Title Bar in Windows 10

Hide or Show Process ID in File Explorer Title Bar in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information Each process running in Windows is assigned a unique decimal number called the process ID (PID) to identify an active process. This number is used to specify the process when for example attaching a debugger to it.

If you like, you could set to show the process ID (PID) in File Explorer title bar, and see if a folder window is running under the shell process or as a separate process.

This tutorial will show you how to hide or show the process ID (PID) in File Explorer title bar for all users in Windows 10.

You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to hide or show the process ID (PID) in File Explorer title bar.

Note If the folder windows are run under the default Explorer shell, the PID of File Explorer will display as (shell process: <PID>).

If you have enabled Launch folder windows in a separate process, the PID of File Explorer will display as (separate process: <PID>).

Normally, you can see the PID of a process in Task Manager like below. If an explorer.exe process includes the /factory parameter in the Command line column, then it means it is running as a separate process.

EXAMPLE: Process ID showing in File Explorer title bar

Here's How:

Note The .bat files below will add and modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer

ShowPidInTitle DWORD

(delete) = Hide PID
    1 = Show PID

1. Do step 2 (show) or step 3 (hide) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Show Process ID (PID) in File Explorer Title Bar
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the BAT file below, and go to step 4 below.

Show_Process_ID_in_Explorer_Title_Bar.bat

Download

3. To Hide Process ID (PID) in File Explorer Title Bar
    NOTE: This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the BAT file below, and go to step 4 below.

Don't_Show_Process_ID_in_Explorer_Title_Bar.bat

Download
    4. Save the .bat file to your desktop.

5. Unblock the .bat file.

6. Right click or press and hold on the .bat file, and click/tap on Run as administrator.

7. Click/tap on Yes in the UAC prompt to approve.

8. You will now notice your screen flicker and a command prompt quickly opens and closes as explorer is restarted to apply the registry changes.

9. When finished, you can delete the downloaded .bat file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Oct 15, 2016
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Berton Win User
    [Solved] Hide the Menu bar in the Explorer

Okay, the full name of File Explorer is important to distinguish from Internet Explorer. I've played around with File Explorer's settings plus working with the Hide or Show File Explorer Ribbon in Windows 10 Windows 10 Customization Tutorials page and haven't found a way to hide that Menu Bar [also called the Tabs bar on that page]. I think it's not intended to hide the menus as that would prevent some uses of File Explorer.

Berton, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Edwin Win User

Text on windows title bar doesn't show

Open "Old/New Explorer", which usually comes with Patch Kits, and uncheck "Hide Title Text"

Edwin, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Unable to hide Task bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to hide Task bar. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

a. Right click on the Task bar.

b. Click on Properties.

c. Put a check mark next to ‘Auto-hide’ the task bar.

d. Click on Apply and OK.

If the issue persists try the below steps to restart the Windows Explorer and check if that helps.

Step 1: Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to open Task Manager

Step 2: Click on
    More details.

Step 3: Under the Processes tab, right-click on Windows Explorer entry and then click Restart.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Edwin Win User
    [Solved] Hide the Menu bar in the Explorer

You could search for a 3rd party piece of software called "Ribbon Disabler", which replaces the Explorer Ribbon with the classic "Command Bar",

or, you can press F11 and get the same result.

Edwin, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Hide or Show Process ID in File Explorer Title Bar in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Hide Show Process

2. Change colour of File Explorer title bar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change colour of File Explorer title bar?: I can change the colour of the start menu, taskbar, and program title bars as well as Internet Explorer title bar. However, the File Explorer bar remains grey. I have attached a screenshot to show my settings and results of the selections I chose. Custom - Dark - Light - Show...
  3. Change colour of File Explorer title bar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change colour of File Explorer title bar?: I can change the colour of the start menu, taskbar, and program title bars as well as Internet Explorer title bar. However, the File Explorer bar remains grey. I have attached a screenshot to show my settings and results of the selections I chose. Custom - Dark - Light - Show...
  4. File path in file explorer moved to title bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File path in file explorer moved to title bar: By the way, I don't know if this in the correct category, but I assume this is personalization related. In file explorer, the file path used to appear on top of all the files, under the options bar on top, and I was able to click on the files in the path to go to them....
  5. File path in file explorer moved to title bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File path in file explorer moved to title bar: By the way, I don't know if this in the correct category, but I assume this is personalization related. In file explorer, the file path used to appear on top of all the files, under the options bar on top, and I was able to click on the files in the path to go to them....
  6. File path in file explorer moved to title bar

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Possible to HIDE the title bar of a program?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Possible to HIDE the title bar of a program?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/wozmatic [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/laywpz/possible_to_hide_the_title_bar_of_a_program/
  8. Hide or Show Status Bar in File Explorer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide or Show Status Bar in File Explorer in Windows 10: How to: Hide or Show Status Bar in File Explorer in Windows 10 How to Hide or Show Status Bar in File Explorer in Windows 10 The status bar at the bottom of File Explorer will show you how many items are in and selected for the currently opened folder. The two buttons...
  9. Hide or Show File Explorer Ribbon in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide or Show File Explorer Ribbon in Windows 10: How to: Hide or Show File Explorer Ribbon in Windows 10 How to Hide or Show Ribbon in Windows 10 File Explorer You can use the ribbon in File Explorer for common tasks, such as copying and moving, creating new folders, emailing and zipping items, and changing the view....
  10. Display Full Path in Title Bar of File Explorer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Display Full Path in Title Bar of File Explorer in Windows 10: How to: Display Full Path in Title Bar of File Explorer in Windows 10 How to Display Full Path in Title Bar of File Explorer in Windows 10 This tutorial will show you how to display either the name or full path of the current open folder in the title bar of File...