Windows 10: Hide or Show Seconds on Taskbar Clock in Windows 10

Discus and support Hide or Show Seconds on Taskbar Clock in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Hide or Show Seconds on Taskbar Clock in Windows 10 How to Hide or Show Seconds on Taskbar Clock in Windows 10 [img] Information The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Mooly, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Mooly Win User

Hide or Show Seconds on Taskbar Clock in Windows 10

How to: Hide or Show Seconds on Taskbar Clock in Windows 10

How to Hide or Show Seconds on Taskbar Clock in Windows 10

Hide or Show Seconds on Taskbar Clock in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information The clock on your taskbar in Windows 10 displays the system time and date. By default, the time does not include showing seconds.

This tutorial will show you how to hide or show seconds on the taskbar system clock for your account in Windows 10.

Note The downloadable .bat files below will add and modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced

ShowSecondsInSystemClock DWORD

0 = Hide seconds
    1 = Show seconds

EXAMPLE: Hide or Show seconds on taskbar system clock

Here's How:

1. Do step 2 (hide) or step 3 (show) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Hide Seconds on Taskbar System Clock
    NOTE: This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Hide_seconds_on_taskbar_clock.bat

Download

3. To Show Seconds on Taskbar System Clock
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Show_seconds_on_taskbar_clock.bat

Download
    4. Save the .bat file to your desktop.

5. Unblock the .bat file.

6. Run the .bat file.

7. You will now notice your screen flicker as explorer is restarted.

8. When finished, you can delete the downloaded .bat file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Mooly, Jan 2, 2017
  2. Andre Da Costa, Jan 2, 2017
  3. Gerry C J Cornell, Jan 2, 2017
  4. RonP Win User

PERFECT. If one is a day-trader, seconds count!*Tongue

5. I found a web-site in December that showed how to do this through step by step instruction. I got zapped by a "Trojan" last week and was forced to re-install Windows.
    Do you think I could find that web site to do it again but no luck.
    I Googled again and found this link.
    Thanks for the .bat files, executed it and poof instantly there they were, the missing seconds.

Madbiker1960, Mar 22, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome Tim (Madbiker1960), and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

Brink, Mar 22, 2017
  7. jrjr Win User
    the tutorial for how to show show seconds on the taskbar system clock worked perfectly.
    is there a way to add 2 spaces so that the seconds are separated from the colon ?

8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jun 15, 2017
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Great news Tim. *Smile

Brink, Jun 16, 2017
  10. fireberd Win User
    Thanks, Shawn. A Good one. *Smile

fireberd, Jun 16, 2017
  11. jrjr Win User
    thank you sir

i will try at work tomorrow

12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Jun 17, 2017
  13. Bree New Member

Such a little thing, but it's surprisingly comforting to see the seconds tick by - a visible reminder that all's well and the system is up and running. One of my favourite tips, thanks!

Thema:

1. Hide or Show Seconds on Taskbar Clock in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Hide Show Seconds

2. Seconds on taskbar clock

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Seconds on taskbar clock: I’ve seen many articles on the internet that there’s an option to have seconds on the clock on the taskbar, but it doesn’t appear for me? I also tried the registry hack, but the show seconds in taskbar clock value was already set to 1, setting to 0 had no effect. Anyone knows...
  3. Seconds on taskbar clock

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Seconds on taskbar clock: I’ve seen many articles on the internet that there’s an option to have seconds on the clock on the taskbar, but it doesn’t appear for me? I also tried the registry hack, but the show seconds in taskbar clock value was already set to 1, setting to 0 had no effect. Anyone knows...
  4. Need Clock Time in Seconds on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need Clock Time in Seconds on Taskbar: There used used to be regedit hack that enabled the time on the Taskbar to be shown in seconds. That hack is no longer available,i.e., it does not work. Is there another time setting available that will display time with seconds on the taskbar?...
  5. Need Clock Time in Seconds on Taskbar

Need Clock Time in Seconds on Taskbar: There used used to be regedit hack that enabled the time on the Taskbar to be shown in seconds. That hack is no longer available,i.e., it does not work. Is there another time setting available that will display time with seconds on the taskbar?...
  6. Windows 11 second screen clock on taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 second screen clock on taskbar: Can you add back on the clock to show on the second screen? Why was this removed? What is wrong with you Microsoft to do things like this? At least give the option to add it back on seriously!!!!...
  7. Windows 11 second screen clock on taskbar

Windows 11 second screen clock on taskbar: Can you add back on the clock to show on the second screen? Why was this removed? What is wrong with you Microsoft to do things like this? At least give the option to add it back on seriously!!!!...
  8. How to hide Clock and Date from Taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to hide Clock and Date from Taskbar in Windows 10: In this article, we will show you the methods to hide or unhide the clock and date from Windows 10 Taskbar. By default, the Taskbar displays the date and time. On hovering the mouse cursor, it also displays the day. By clicking on it, you can access the Windows calendar....
  9. How to Make Your Windows 10 Taskbar Clock Show Seconds

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Make Your Windows 10 Taskbar Clock Show Seconds: I have completed this small change and it works perfect. Did not take more than a couple of minutes. I find seconds extremely useful for certain time-check tasks and generally useful to have. A minute is a long time in the computer world. Follow the clear and easy...
  10. showing seconds in clock icon in taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    showing seconds in clock icon in taskbar: for showing the seconds in task bar as shown below, i understand that a registry setting has to be done in "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced", and that too to see it in effect, user has to logout and login is there any other...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows taskbar hide clock

2. windows 10 how hide seconds cloc

3. colon not showing in system clock in taskbar windows 10

4. Show_seconds_on_taskbar_clock.bat,
  5. windows taskbar clock settings hide seconds,
  6. hide seconds on taskbar system clock