Windows 10: Hide or Show Sender Pictures in Windows 10 Mail App

Discus and support Hide or Show Sender Pictures in Windows 10 Mail App in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Hide or Show Sender Pictures in Windows 10 Mail App How to Hide or Show Sender Pictures in Message List of Windows 10 Mail App The Mail... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by markweatherill, Mar 21, 2017.

1. Hide or Show Sender Pictures in Windows 10 Mail App

How to: Hide or Show Sender Pictures in Windows 10 Mail App

How to Hide or Show Sender Pictures in Message List of Windows 10 Mail App

The Mail and Calendar apps included with Windows 10 help you stay up to date on your email, manage your schedule and stay in touch with people you care about the most. Designed for both work and home, these apps help you communicate quickly and focus on whats important across all your accounts. Supports Office 365, Exchange, Outlook.com, Gmail, Yahoo! and other popular accounts.

By default, the Mail app will show the sender pictures in the message list to help make it easier to see who the email messages are from.

Microsoft has quietly added a setting to turn on or off to show sender pictures in the message list in a new update of the Mail and Calendar app (version 17.8018.42367.0).

This tutorial will show you how to hide or show sender pictures in the message list of the Mail app for your account in Windows 10.

EXAMPLE: Hide or show sender pictures in the message list of Mail app

Hide or Show Sender Pictures in Windows 10 Mail App [​IMG]

Here's How:

1. Open the Mail app.

2. Click/tap on the Settings icon at the bottom left, and click/tap on Message list in the Settings flyout. (see screenshot below)

3. Under Sender pictures, turn on (default) or off to Show sender pictures for what you want applied to all email accounts. (see screenshot below)

4. When finished, you can close the Mail app if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

markweatherill, Mar 21, 2017

2. My email only shows the last 11 messages, won't download more

If the contact has a picture, it will show up - whether you prefer it that way or not. There really is no way to remove this or enable the picture display.

Jay_answers, Mar 21, 2017
  3. Mail tile indicates there is mail but opening mail app no mail is present.

This really doesn't make sense !

Mail tile indicates there is mail but opening mail app no mail is present.

The mail live tile even show the subject of the emails and the addresses of the sender yet when the Windows 10 mail app is opened there is no mail.

CharlesRGross, Mar 21, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hide or Show Sender Pictures in Windows 10 Mail App

Hello Mark, *Smile

Check to see what version of the Mail app you have installed (Settings -> About in Mail app). This feature should be available starting with version 17.8018.42367.0.

Brink, Mar 21, 2017
  5. I'm now on version 17.8016.42007.0 on my desktop and on a tablet, and I don't see that option on either of them.*Sad

markweatherill, Mar 21, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    It looks like you don't have the 17.8018.42367.0 version available yet for your Windows 10. *Sad

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Hide or Show Sender Pictures in Windows 10 Mail App

1. Hide or Show Sender Pictures in Windows 10 Mail App - Similar Threads - Hide Show Sender

2. Block Senders On Mail App for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Block Senders On Mail App for Windows 10: How do I block email addresses through the Mail App as I don't see an option to do so?I can see an option called MOVE TO JUNK and when I click it, It says Sender blocked does this mean the sender is actually blocked and that I wont receive any mail from them?Please...
  3. Block Senders On Mail App for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Block Senders On Mail App for Windows 10: How do I block email addresses through the Mail App as I don't see an option to do so?I can see an option called MOVE TO JUNK and when I click it, It says Sender blocked does this mean the sender is actually blocked and that I wont receive any mail from them?Please...
  4. Wrong Sender Shown in Mail App

Wrong Sender Shown in Mail App: When I send an email using the Mail app in Windows 10, my wife's name is shown as the sender rather than me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wrong-sender-shown-in-mail-app/a27f3c43-0875-4747-8465-1c4d983b2332
  5. Windows 10 Mail safe senders

Windows 10 Mail safe senders: I found a topic here from 2017 on point, saying there was no safe senders function in Windows 10 Mail. Is that still the case? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-mail-safe-senders/ed9c1f29-4541-4ebb-a60b-4fe6ce8461fe
  6. Block senders in Windows 10 Mail ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Block senders in Windows 10 Mail ?: How do I block advertizement senders in Windows 10 Mail account (not outlook)? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/block-senders-in-windows-10-mail/3c32e368-706c-4e15-905b-0ed27e526d45
  7. Show Sender Pictures in Windows 10 Mail App messages

in Windows 10 News
    Show Sender Pictures in Windows 10 Mail App messages: [ATTACH] Windows 10 Mail App is designed to enable fast communication and allow you to focus on what’s important across all your accounts. The app, by default, displays a circle with sender initials or pictures just adjacent to an email message [...] This post Show Sender...
  8. Windows 10 Mail not showing pictures

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail not showing pictures: It was working well even after doing an in place upgrade to the new build\Creator's Update, but since today the images won't load, just red X. The option about downloading external images is enabled. 81417
  9. Hide or Show Attached Images in Message List of Windows 10 Mail app

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide or Show Attached Images in Message List of Windows 10 Mail app: How to: Hide or Show Attached Images in Message List of Windows 10 Mail app Hide or Show Preview of Attached Images in Message List of Windows 10 Mail app The Mail and Calendar apps included with Windows 10 help you stay up to date on your email, manage your schedule...
  10. Hide Sender Pictures in Outlook Mail on Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide Sender Pictures in Outlook Mail on Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Hide Sender Pictures in Outlook Mail on Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Hide or Show Sender Pictures in Outlook Mail on Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information By default, the Outlook Mail app on your Windows 10 Mobile phone will show the sender pictures in...