Windows 10: Hide or Show Status Bar in File Explorer in Windows 10

Discus and support Hide or Show Status Bar in File Explorer in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Hide or Show Status Bar in File Explorer in Windows 10 How to Hide or Show Status Bar in File Explorer in Windows 10 The status bar at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Aug 7, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hide or Show Status Bar in File Explorer in Windows 10

How to: Hide or Show Status Bar in File Explorer in Windows 10

How to Hide or Show Status Bar in File Explorer in Windows 10

The status bar at the bottom of File Explorer will show you how many items are in and selected for the currently opened folder. The two buttons below are also available on the right side of the status bar.

Hide or Show Status Bar in File Explorer in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    (Ctrl+Shift+6) = Change current folder layout to details view.

(Ctrl+Shift+2) = Change current folder layout to large icons view.

This tutorial will show you how to hide or show the status bar in File Explorer for your account in Windows 10.

*note Setting the status bar to hide or show in File Explorer is a global setting that is applied to all folders, and not just in the current folder.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Show or Hide Status Bar in File Explorer using Folder Options
    • Option Two: To Show or Hide Status Bar in File Explorer using a REG file

EXAMPLE: Status bar in File Explorer

OPTION ONE [/i] To Show or Hide Status Bar in File Explorer using Folder Options
    1. Open Folder Options.

2. Click/tap on the View tab, check (default) or uncheck Show status bar in "Advanced settings" for what you want, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

OPTION TWO [/i] To Show or Hide Status Bar in File Explorer using a REG file

*note The downloadable .reg files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced

ShowStatusBar DWORD

0 = Hide
    1 = Show

1. Do step 2 (hide) or step 3 (show) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Hide Status Bar in File Explorer
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Hide_Status_Bar_in_File_Explorer.reg

Download

3. To Show Status Bar in File Explorer
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Show_Status_Bar_in_File_Explorer.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. If you currently have File Explorer open, then close and reopen or navigate to another folder to apply.

8. If you like, you can now delete the downloaded .reg file.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Aug 7, 2017
  2. Brink Win User
    Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    Two status bars in file explorer, want to hide one of them?

Could be the Status bar of Classic Shell explorer.

You can, for example...
    - install the program without classic shell explorer (e.g. just the start menu)
    - choose not to show that status bar (option)
    - choose not to show file explorer's status bar (option)

Classic Shell - Start menu and other Windows enhancements

dalchina, Oct 26, 2019
  4. AndreTen Win User

AndreTen, Oct 26, 2019
  5. f14tomcat Win User
    f14tomcat, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Hide or Show Status Bar in File Explorer in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Hide Show Status

2. Disable status bar in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable status bar in file explorer: Hi,I recently did a clean install of my windows operating system in my Asus Rog Zephyrus 14. By mistake, I turned on synchronization with One Drive so I get this status information in all my personal folders that I would like to get rid of.I already tried uninstalling...
  3. Disable status bar in file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable status bar in file explorer: Hi,I recently did a clean install of my windows operating system in my Asus Rog Zephyrus 14. By mistake, I turned on synchronization with One Drive so I get this status information in all my personal folders that I would like to get rid of.I already tried uninstalling...
  4. Disable the green Status online icon in the file explorer status bar?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disable the green Status online icon in the file explorer status bar?: I have inadvertently activated this green "Status online" icon in the Windows 10 20H2 file explorer status bar. This icon appears only for one Synology NAS directory. [img] I don't need any online indicator or functionality. Where can I disable/stop this function? 173555
  5. Two status bars in file explorer, want to hide one of them?

in Windows 10 Support
    Two status bars in file explorer, want to hide one of them?: Hello everyone For some reason I have two status bars (i think that's what its called) on file in Windows 10 home edition on my laptop :/ I know how to hide the top one, but the white one on the bottom wont go away no matter what I do I would like to get rid of the bottom...
  6. How to Enable or Disable Status Bar in File Explorer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Enable or Disable Status Bar in File Explorer in Windows 10: [ATTACH] The Windows File Explorer is pretty responsive and carries a lot of features. It allows a ton of customizations either by changing Settings or changing the value of a Registry key or Group Policy modification. Today, we are going to [...] This post How to Enable or...
  7. Hide Icon of language on status bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hide Icon of language on status bar: In which way i can hide the icon language on status bar ?? Thank Hispa 12861
  8. Show or Hide Preview Pane in File Explorer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Show or Hide Preview Pane in File Explorer in Windows 10: How to: Show or Hide Preview Pane in File Explorer in Windows 10 How to Show or Hide Preview Pane in File Explorer in Windows 10 [img] Information The preview pane in File Explorer shows you the contents of a file, such as image or text files, without having to open...
  9. Hide or Show File Explorer Ribbon in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide or Show File Explorer Ribbon in Windows 10: How to: Hide or Show File Explorer Ribbon in Windows 10 How to Hide or Show Ribbon in Windows 10 File Explorer You can use the ribbon in File Explorer for common tasks, such as copying and moving, creating new folders, emailing and zipping items, and changing the view....
  10. Hide or Show Process ID in File Explorer Title Bar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide or Show Process ID in File Explorer Title Bar in Windows 10: How to: Hide or Show Process ID in File Explorer Title Bar in Windows 10 How to Hide or Show Process ID in File Explorer Title Bar in Windows 10 [img] Information Each process running in Windows is assigned a unique decimal number called the process ID (PID) to...