Windows 10: Hide or Show Windows Ink Workspace Button on Taskbar in Windows 10

Discus and support Hide or Show Windows Ink Workspace Button on Taskbar in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Hide or Show Windows Ink Workspace Button on Taskbar in Windows 10 How to Hide or Show Windows Ink Workspace Button on Taskbar in Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, May 10, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hide or Show Windows Ink Workspace Button on Taskbar in Windows 10

How to: Hide or Show Windows Ink Workspace Button on Taskbar in Windows 10

How to Hide or Show Windows Ink Workspace Button on Taskbar in Windows 10

Starting with Windows 10 build 14328, you can try out the new Windows Ink experience for yourself. Windows Ink puts the power of Windows in the tip of your pen, enabling you to write on your device as you do on paper, creating sticky notes, drawing on a whiteboard, and easily sharing your analog thoughts in the digital world. Windows Ink is also integrated into apps like Maps, Microsoft Edge, and Office.

If you have a device with an active pen like the Surface Pro 4 or Surface Book Windows Ink Workspace is enabled by default and accessible via the pen button in the notification area of your taskbar. You wont see this button if your device does not have an active pen paired with it. However, for those of you who dont have a device with an active pen but want to try out Windows Ink Workspace, you can still manually enable the Windows Ink Workspace button.

Starting with Windows 10 build 14342, Microsoft has updated the Windows Ink Workspace icon on the taskbar. The new icon shows a more expressive ink stroke and is more consistent with other icons in the notification area. The new icon also looks better at wider range of sizes.

Hide or Show Windows Ink Workspace Button on Taskbar in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Starting with Windows 10 build 18912 mentioned in build 18917, some Insiders may notice that Windows Ink Workspace has changed on their PC. Thats because we are improving Windows Ink Workspace experience. As part of that, they will notice that Windows Ink Workspace is smaller with a direct link to our Microsoft Whiteboard app, providing you with rich ideation and collaboration capabilities. If you used Sketchpad, dont worry. We saved the sketch you were working on (in your Pictures folder). In addition, the Windows Ink Workspace allows you to quickly capture your screen and annotate it with the improved Snip and Sketch app. We heard your feedback and we have streamlined the Windows Ink Workspace for you. Stay tuned as we continue to evolve!

For more information about Windows Ink, see:
    This tutorial will show you how to hide or show the Windows Ink Workspace button on your taskbar in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Hide or Show Windows Ink Workspace Button in Taskbar Context Menu
    • Option Two: To Hide or Show Windows Ink Workspace Button in Settings
    • Option Three: To Hide or Show Windows Ink Workspace Button using a BAT file

EXAMPLE: Windows Ink Workspace

OPTION ONE [/i] To Hide or Show Windows Ink Workspace Button in Taskbar Context Menu
    1. Right click or press and hold on the taskbar, and click/tap on Show Windows Ink Workspace button to toggle it to show (checked) or hide (unchecked). (see screenshots below)

(Tablet mode off)

(Tablet mode on)

OPTION TWO [/i] To Hide or Show Windows Ink Workspace Button in Settings
    1. Turn on or off the Windows Ink Workspace system icon for what you want. (see screenshot below)

For how, see: How to Turn Taskbar Notification Area System Icons On or Off in Windows 10

OPTION THREE [/i] To Hide or Show Windows Ink Workspace Button using a BAT file
    *note The downloadable .bat files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\PenWorkspace

PenWorkspaceButtonDesiredVisibility DWORD

0 = Hide
    1 = Show

1. Do step 2 (show) or step 3 (hide) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Show Windows Ink Workspace Button on Taskbar
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the BAT file below, and go to step 4 below.

Show_Windows_Ink_Workspace_button_on_taskbar.bat

Download

3. To Hide Windows Ink Workspace Button on Taskbar
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the BAT file below, and go to step 4 below.

Hide_Windows_Ink_Workspace_button_on_taskbar.bat

Download
    4. Save the .bat file to your desktop.

5. Unblock the .bat file.

6. Run the .bat file.

7. You will now notice your screen flicker and a command prompt quickly opens and closes as explorer is restarted to apply the registry changes.

8. When finished, you can delete the downloaded .bat file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, May 10, 2016
  2. Shilohbob Win User

Windows Ink Handwriting Panel not showing up in Firefox

Do you have the Windows Ink Workspace icon showing on the Taskbar? - if not R/click on Taskbar and ensure the 'Show Windows Ink Workspace button' is 'Ticked.

The Ink Workspace is a feature of Windows, so the what browser you use, should not affect the feature

Shilohbob, May 10, 2016
  3. never was a wrench emblem

If you are referring to Windows Ink workspace, right click the Taskbar then click Show Windows Ink Workspace button

Andre Da Costa, May 10, 2016
Thema:

Hide or Show Windows Ink Workspace Button on Taskbar in Windows 10

1. Hide or Show Windows Ink Workspace Button on Taskbar in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Hide Show Ink

2. Window ink workspace

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window ink workspace: Last couple days when I try to open whiteboard from workspace it don't make anything. But recently I was using this workspace a lot. I tried to reinstalling it but it didn't changed....
  3. Window ink workspace

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window ink workspace: Last couple days when I try to open whiteboard from workspace it don't make anything. But recently I was using this workspace a lot. I tried to reinstalling it but it didn't changed....
  4. How to Hide or Show Windows Ink Workspace Button on Taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Hide or Show Windows Ink Workspace Button on Taskbar in Windows 10: [ATTACH]For PC users who have a device with an active pen like the Surface […] This article How to Hide or Show Windows Ink Workspace Button on Taskbar in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  5. Windows ink workspace

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows ink workspace: I want to disable this program. How? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-ink-workspace/4d79b423-0414-4b07-bdf6-65aaa62b59a7
  6. deleting windows ink workspace

deleting windows ink workspace: All of a sudden this morning this windows ink workspace showed up. It's annoying and I'd like to get rid of it but I can't find any answers as to how to do that...
  7. Old Windows Ink Workspace

Old Windows Ink Workspace: Is there any way to get back to the old Windows Ink Workspace? I've found the new one to be slower and less responsive than the old one. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-windows-ink-workspace/58e75889-94d2-4858-91ae-f315fd2f585c
  8. Hide or Show Cortana Button on Taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide or Show Cortana Button on Taskbar in Windows 10: How to: Hide or Show Cortana Button on Taskbar in Windows 10 How to Hide or Show Cortana Button on Taskbar in Windows 10 Cortana is your cloud-based personal assistant that works across your devices and other Microsoft services. Depending on the capabilities of your...
  9. Taskbar Buttons - Hide or Show Badges in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Taskbar Buttons - Hide or Show Badges in Windows 10: How to: Taskbar Buttons - Hide or Show Badges in Windows 10 How to Hide or Show Badges on Taskbar Buttons in Windows 10 Starting with Action Center. These badges are lightweight notifications that are contextual and specific to individual apps. For example, the Mail...
  10. Hide or Show Touchpad Button on Taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide or Show Touchpad Button on Taskbar in Windows 10: How to: Hide or Show Touchpad Button on Taskbar in Windows 10 How to Hide or Show Touchpad Button on Taskbar in Windows 10 Starting with Windows Ink Workspace does), and tapping on it will bring it up the virtual touchpad. Starting with Windows 10 build 15019, the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows ink button gpo

2. show windows workspace button

3. how to show windows ink space on taskbar

4. remove windows ink workspace from taskbar,
  5. how to pin windows ink to taskbar,
  6. add windows ink workspace to taskbar,
  7. how to add workspace to the taskbar,
  8. how to pin windows ink workspace to taskbar,
  9. gpo show windows ink workspace button on taskbar,
  10. Hide or Show Windows Ink Workspace Button on Taskbar in Windows 10