Windows 10: Hide/Organize Universal Apps in All Apps

Discus and support Hide/Organize Universal Apps in All Apps in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So I just found out that i can't pin left in the start menu anymore. *Sad Now that i'm done complaining. How do i organize my "All Apps" Menu.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by desperate10, Feb 20, 2016.

1. Hide/Organize Universal Apps in All Apps

So I just found out that i can't pin left in the start menu anymore. *Sad

Now that i'm done complaining. How do i organize my "All Apps" Menu.

Calculator, Contact, Mail, Cortana, etc ALL of this garbage bloatware is something i just want to create a folder called Microsoft Bloat and put it in there. How do i do this? *sarc

First time around, i uninstalled all of it using power shell but i ended up needing the store and one other app but W10 went retarded and didn't allow me to reinstall the packages, so this time around. I just want to organize them into a folder that i will never touch *Biggrin

I really hope someone can help me do this, i don't feel like downgrading back to 8.1 which as it stands right now was better for me when using Start8.

:)

desperate10, Feb 20, 2016

2. Removing Ovi content?

If the OVI app is embedded in the firmware then its not removable .

The only way is to hide the app by creating a folder and using options organize move the apps icon to this folder . I have one called Nokia that i shove all the useless and never used stuff in .

jje

jjegan---01, Feb 20, 2016
  3. Dubs0401 Win User
    Hide, or Move Apps in the all apps menu

I am hoping someone can tell me how to hide, or remove apps from the windows 10 All Apps Menu in start. I really don't want to see the Xbox app specifically. I have tried a few ideas from other websites but nothing seems to work. If anyone could figure
    out or tell me how to do this I would very much appreciate it.

Dubs0401, Feb 20, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Hide/Organize Universal Apps in All Apps

RE : So I just found out that i can't pin left in the start menu anymore

What do you mean by " pin left" ? Would you please explain ?

RE : Calculator, Contact, Mail, Cortana, etc ALL of this garbage bloatware is something i just want to create a folder called Microsoft Bloat and put it in there. How do i do this?

I don't believe you can do that. The apps are being organized in alphabetical order and I don't think you can take some of them out and put into a folder.

RE : First time around, i uninstalled all of it using power shell

You don't have to uninstall all of them.
    Here is a tutorial where you can pick and choose what to uninstall.
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...dows-10-a.html

Have a look at Option Two and Three.

davidhk, Feb 20, 2016
  5. RE: What do you mean by " pin left" ? Would you please explain ?

When you open the start menu, you have two contexts. the left pane and the right pane. In the left pane you have things like power off, recently added, you can add file explorer, and other predetermined links. On the right pane you can drag and drop anything. The Windows 10 promo video i saw showed that i can drop into the left pane of the start menu as well but all i get is a crossed out circle not letting me.

RE: I don't believe you can do that. The apps are being organized in alphabetical order and I don't think you can take some of them out and put into a folder.

Ahh, i thought i could because i was able to organize office 2016 into a single folder, didn't like it being all spread out! I was spending a lot of time on this. I'll just buy Start10 from stardock.

RE: You don't have to uninstall all of them.
    Here is a tutorial where you can pick and choose what to uninstall.
    Apps - Uninstall in Windows 10

I already removed those, the ones i want to hide are things like calendar, mail, groove, edge, etc. They consume space and serve no functional purpose for me once i install my desired applications such as outlook 2016, itunes, firefox, etc. But since i can't hide them I'll see what Start10 offers and worst case i'll do a command line package removal (which i was trying to avoid)

As a comment however, i very much dislike how i have less freedom over my own system with windows 10. I can understand these apps being essential on a tablet or phone device but not on a PC. At the very least i should be able to hide them from the All Apps or they should be organized into a single folder.\

Thanks for the help davidhk!

6. I just wanted to share this with other's. If you're not a huge fan like myself of the poorly designed All App's menu. Stardock offers a program called Start10 which offers a lot of customization features, one thing out of the box is that is groups all the bloatware and gives you the choice to show or hide the folder.

Hide/Organize Universal Apps in All Apps [​IMG]

7. davidhk Win User
    .............When you open the start menu, you have two contexts. the left pane and the right pane. In the left pane you have things like power off, recently added, you can add file explorer, and other predetermined links. On the right pane you can drag and drop anything. The Windows 10 promo video i saw showed that i can drop into the left pane of the start menu as well but all i get is a crossed out circle not letting me.......................

That is because what you see on the right ( the menu tiles ) are already listed alphabetically on the left under All apps.

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Hide/Organize Universal Apps in All Apps

1. Hide/Organize Universal Apps in All Apps - Similar Threads - Hide Organize Universal

2. How to hide taskbar on all apps but desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to hide taskbar on all apps but desktop?: The "automatically hide my taskbar in desktop mode" simply hides the taskbar all the time. I want it hidden only when I am using any app and want it to be visible when I am on desktop i.e., when no apps are open/all apps minimized.While I am on desktop, I want the taskbar...
  3. How to hide taskbar on all apps but desktop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to hide taskbar on all apps but desktop?: The "automatically hide my taskbar in desktop mode" simply hides the taskbar all the time. I want it hidden only when I am using any app and want it to be visible when I am on desktop i.e., when no apps are open/all apps minimized.While I am on desktop, I want the taskbar...
  4. Universal mail App

Universal mail App: I purchased the Universal mail App. When I tried to log in to my third-party email account it gives the message "account type not support" . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/universal-mail-app/82675005-5158-41aa-aa4f-f4f9343170c2
  5. App Organizer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    App Organizer: Hi All, Hope this is the right place to ask this, lemme know if not. Is there some sort of setting or maybe app or program that can organize the desktop apps? Make them smaller or something like that? Appreciate any tips! Thanks submitted by /u/UtherTheHoly [link]...
  6. Universal apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Universal apps: Hello Microsoft I need a bit of help with something. I need a way of hiding Universal apps from being in my start bar. thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/universal-apps/0e601425-6323-4ead-b1b4-0e6f208dd544
  7. Universal app emulator?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Universal app emulator?: Please read carefully before replying. I have read here that a developer can use an emulator included in Microsoft Visual Studio to test his universal (modern interface, Windows Store) apps, even if he is running Windows 7 on his computer. This is interesting as there are...
  8. Remove/Hide Apps in "All Apps"

Remove/Hide Apps in "All Apps": Hello together, I am new here and I can't find my Question answered for the last three Days now.... I wish to remove from "All Apps" some Programs. I do not wish to uninstall them, but just to remove them from that list. I found that I can add here...
  9. Universal apps how to?

Universal apps how to?: Is there a way to check if an app is Universal or not? For example, if I want to install the Netflix Universal app, will it just automatically be the one in the store? Because, isn't there still a non-universal version? Also, I have heard about people sorting or organizing,...
  10. iOS apps coming to Windows Universal Apps

in Windows 10 Support
    iOS apps coming to Windows Universal Apps: One thing that didn't get much notice during the Build keynote speech is that Visual Studio 2015 can now build native Objective C apps and target Windows Universal, including the iOS libraries. Apparently, King Games used this to bring Candy Crush Saga to Windows Universal....