Windows 10: Hide other user name from login screen

Discus and support Hide other user name from login screen in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have my user account which is connected with ms account which shows my email along with my user name on login screen. I made one more admin account... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by sam9, Nov 12, 2015.

1. sam9 Win User

Hide other user name from login screen

I have my user account which is connected with ms account which shows my email along with my user name on login screen. I made one more admin account without ms account and made it a default user with password. Now on login screen on left side both my accounts show up. Is there way to hide my original account from this login screen because I do not want anyone sitting with me could know my email as this account shows my email along with user name.

:)

2. Mircoman Win User

Fast user switching and Classic Logon

On Windows 10, is there any way (even regedit) to have fast user switching and hide the users shown on the start menu and require the entry of both a user name and password on the lock screen? And also hide the previous user login in?

Mircoman, Nov 12, 2015
  3. Other User. The username or password is incorrect.

The reason why getting a message "Other User. The username or password is incorrect" it can due to too many people using the Computer. This normally shows if you are sharing your computer with family members or friends. Windows 10 by default will list
    every user account on the sign-in screen. However, there could be times when you may have some additional accounts that you don't want to be listed.

While the operating system doesn't offer an option to pick which user accounts appear on the sign-in screen, you can easily hide any user from being listed by modifying the registry.

To know on how to hide user accounts from the sign-in screen, you may follow a helpful solution provided by Karen Hu from the link below:

Hide
    Other Users at Windows 10 Login Screen without affecting Hello

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jenicel Dri, Nov 12, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Sam, *Smile

If you like, you could use the tutorial below to set Windows to not display user names on the sign in screen. This will force all users to have to enter both their user name and password at sign in.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/9...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Nov 12, 2015
  5. sam9 Win User
    Thanks, this is a very good tutorial. This also serve my requirement but what if I want to show a single user name and only password to put in, just to avoid hassle of putting user name.

6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Nov 12, 2015
  7. sam9 Win User
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Nov 12, 2015
  9. Wrong: there has always been another way. As an MVP and administrator giving advice on a forum I'm rather shocked you didn't know this as it's been around since at least Vista and still works with Windows 10.

The way to 'hide' a user whilst still keeping the user picker logon screen working is to add a key in the registry and store the users there. True it involves editing the registry, and that not may be everyone's cup of tea, but it is not only a valid solution, it is the correct solution to the problem described.

The key in question is

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\SpecialAccounts\UserList

The key names in red will need to be created. Once created, you can add the logon names as 32 Bit DWORD values.

The following is a RegKey file output that will hide a user called ThisLogonWillBeHidden.

Code: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\SpecialAccounts\UserList] "ThisLogonWillBeHidden"=dword:00000000[/quote] The change happens instantly and does not require a reboot.

RachelAmbler, Jan 2, 2016
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    The change happens instantly and does not require a reboot.[/quote] Hello Rachel,

Yes, I'm fully aware of that method. See METHOD TWO in the tutorial below.

User Account - Hide

The method you posted is basically just another way to disable the user account. *Wink

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Hide other user name from login screen - Similar Threads - Hide user name

2. Hide domain name in login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hide domain name in login screen: Greetings Is there any way to hide domain name in windows 10 login screen for end users? Or even if we can replace it by another alias https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hide-domain-name-in-login-screen/d3ff24bd-5904-48b6-84c0-ba919f778322
  3. Hide domain name in login screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hide domain name in login screen: Greetings Is there any way to hide domain name in windows 10 login screen for end users? Or even if we can replace it by another alias https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hide-domain-name-in-login-screen/d3ff24bd-5904-48b6-84c0-ba919f778322
  4. Hide domain name in login screen

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Hide/Disable 'Other User' option from the login page

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Hide/Disable 'Other User' option from the login page: Hello,Does anyone know a way to disable or hide 'Other user' option in win10 via GPO? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hidedisable-other-user-option-from-the-login-page/ad2e1d6b-ef8f-4cf6-b174-c8b28b6e08af
  6. Hide/Disable 'Other User' option from the login page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hide/Disable 'Other User' option from the login page: Hello,Does anyone know a way to disable or hide 'Other user' option in win10 via GPO? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hidedisable-other-user-option-from-the-login-page/ad2e1d6b-ef8f-4cf6-b174-c8b28b6e08af
  7. Hide/Disable 'Other User' option from the login page

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Hide/Disable 'Other User' option from the login pagae

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Hide/Disable 'Other User' option from the login pagae: Hello,Does anyone know a way to disable or hide 'Other user' option in win10 via GPO? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hidedisable-other-user-option-from-the-login-pagae/ad2e1d6b-ef8f-4cf6-b174-c8b28b6e08af
  9. Hide user name from login screen (no typing the name)?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Hide user name from login screen (no typing the name)?: I know that you can disable the "pre-typing" of the user name on the lock screen, so that it looks like this: In that case you have to type both the user name and the password for unlocking. But what I want is to not have to type the user name, but just hide it, so that it...
  10. hide "other user" text from login page

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    hide "other user" text from login page: Hi All, I enabled the security policy to not display last logged on user, but now it says OTHER USER, and I don't like how it looks. I would like to just hide that text completely, while keeping that policy enabled. Has anyone found a way to do this? Thank you! 52190