Windows 10: Hide pinned and running programs on taskbar.

Discus and support Hide pinned and running programs on taskbar. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, guys. I'm new here and this is my first thread. As the title said, how do I hide (not remove) pinned and running programs on taskbar? And... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GrungeCat, Feb 7, 2016.

1. GrungeCat Win User

Hide pinned and running programs on taskbar.

Hi, guys.
    I'm new here and this is my first thread.

As the title said, how do I hide (not remove) pinned and running programs on taskbar?
    And appears when I hover on start button?

I just want my desktop a bit cleaner but easy to access my favorite programs.

I've googled for more than 3 hours and found nothing as I expected.

Thanks ...

:)

GrungeCat, Feb 7, 2016

2. Pinning programs to the taskbar

When I pin a program to the taskbar, it does it correctly and the icon is visible and clickable. However, when I click the icon to run the program, the program opens but two icons now become visible on the taskbar: the original pinned program and the
    running program. It does this with Firefox, Musicbee, and almost all of the programs that I pin. Does anyone have a possible solution to this?

BenjaminKitchens, Feb 7, 2016
  3. Hidden taskbar icons and taskbar icons options in CREATORS UPDATE

Hi Davor,

Taskbar shows us see the programs that we're currently using as well as those that we pinned. It helps us to easily navigate from one program to another. We can update the settings of your taskbar to show it on your desktop. Here's how:

• Press the Windows icon on your keyboard.
    • Click on Settings (gear icon).
    • Select Personalization then go to Taskbar.
    • Check Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode and
      Automatically hide the taskbar in
      tablet mode options. Make sure to turn them off.

Let us know if the steps above resolved your concern.

Jennifer Bri, Feb 7, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Hello and welcome!

You could try out the "Auto-hide the taskbar" option in the Taskbar properties (right-click on the taskbar to access these).

philc43, Feb 7, 2016
  5. GrungeCat Win User
    I know about the hiding taskbar.
    But, I don't want to completely hide the taskbar. I want the taskbar keep showing.

GrungeCat, Feb 8, 2016
  6. WHS
    whs Win User
    Now what do you want - you want to hide it or you don't want to hide it. As far as I know there is no half-hide.

7. GrungeCat Win User
    As I said.
    Just hide the programs pinned on the task bar. Not hide the taskbar.

GrungeCat, Feb 8, 2016
  8. WHS
    whs Win User

OK, I understand. But I do not know how to do that.

9. WHS
    whs Win User
  10. Edwin New Member
    You could use a program such as "TrayIt" that will put the running program's icon in the system tray.

(I didn't understand what you meant by "appears when I hover on start button" though)

Edwin, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Hide pinned and running programs on taskbar. - Similar Threads - Hide pinned running

2. Taskbar Hiding Behind Programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Hiding Behind Programs: Hello!My question concerns the taskbar auto-hide option. I recently found out about this option. Sometimes it works and sometimes it does not. Let me explain.It started with a few programs, such as Google Chrome and Word. When having these programs in full-screen, the taskbar...
  3. Taskbar Hiding Behind Programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Hiding Behind Programs: Hello!My question concerns the taskbar auto-hide option. I recently found out about this option. Sometimes it works and sometimes it does not. Let me explain.It started with a few programs, such as Google Chrome and Word. When having these programs in full-screen, the taskbar...
  4. Taskbar pinned running program is not marked prominently enough.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar pinned running program is not marked prominently enough.: Hi I've got two problems with the line next to the running programs on the taskbar of win10. I use the taskbar on the left as I always did monitors are wider than tall. I use a lot of pinned programs, too, for an easy start to the day. Some programs are running, and usually...
  5. Taskbar pinned running program marker line problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar pinned running program marker line problems: Hi I've got two problems with the line next to the running programs on the taskbar of win10. I use the taskbar on the left as I always did (monitors are wider than tall). I use a lot of pinned programs, too, for an easy start to the day. Some programs are running, and...
  6. program icons on taskbar will not hide

program icons on taskbar will not hide: Hi, For my Taskbar on my notebook computer I'm able to turn on/off the system icons on the taskbar via Settings - Personalization - Taskbar - Turn system icons on or off However, toggling the program icons such as OneDrive, does not hide them. On my Desktop PC this works...
  7. Taskbar doesn't hide when programs are running

Taskbar doesn't hide when programs are running: Hello, A couple of days ago my taskbar stopped automatically hiding when I have programs open in full screen mode. I already tried going to taskbar settings and selecting "automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode", nothing changed and the taskbar is never hidden....
  8. Hide running programs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hide running programs: Hey, I'm running a Minecraft server off of my machine and to have it running, I need to have 2 cmd tabs open. Is there any was that I can hide them other than just minimizing them to the taskbar. Thanks! submitted by /u/Sami6494 [link] [comments]...
  9. program to hide the taskbar

program to hide the taskbar: since I need to constantly be hiding and showing the taskbar is there a little program for that? to toggle that function? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/program-to-hide-the-taskbar/4ec950f5-e436-4703-8879-a1235f9b2767
  10. is there a program that can hide taskbar when i run some programs?

in Windows 10 Support
    is there a program that can hide taskbar when i run some programs?: Hi is there a program that can hide the taskbar when i run photoshop for example? that can hide if there is process starting or running specified by me thanks 71650

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hide that program is running on taskbar

2. dont show running programs in task bar

3. taskbar cant see which programs are running win 10

4. windows 10 hide running program on taskbar,
  5. show all running programs on taskbar,
  6. hide running programs on the taskbar windows 10