Windows 10: Hide Quick Access Option

Discus and support Hide Quick Access Option in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is there a way to hide the "Quick Access" in Windows Explorer? Just curious. I know I can hide things from there in options but I wanted to see if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by sparker781, Jun 10, 2016.

1. Hide Quick Access Option

Is there a way to hide the "Quick Access" in Windows Explorer?

Just curious. I know I can hide things from there in options but I wanted to see if I could get rid of it altogether.

Thanks

:)

sparker781, Jun 10, 2016

2. "frequently used folder" in "quick access" only has pinned folder

We are volunteers willing to help you try to resolve this issue.

In File Explorer in left panel click "Quick Access" - then in right panel Right Click on that folder - Unpin from Quick Access. Then if it is still showing Right Click on it again "Remove from Quick Access" <-- you

may need to close and re-open File Explorer between those two operations.

How to Pin or Unpin Locations from Quick access in Windows 10

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2893-pin-un...

How to Hide a Specific File or Folder from Quick access in Windows 10

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4448-hide-s...

Please let us know the results and if you need further assistance.

SpiritX MS MVP, Jun 10, 2016
  3. JamesJoey Win User
    Why Does a Quick Access Icon Keep Getting Created on my Desktop

I was using a registry tweak to hide quick access in the explorer navigation pane.

I have since restored quick access and the icon hasn't appeared since.

JamesJoey, Jun 10, 2016
Thema:

Hide Quick Access Option

1. Hide Quick Access Option - Similar Threads - Hide Quick Access

2. Quick Access file explorer option is missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick Access file explorer option is missing: Hello, I am running Windows 11 insider program I know it's still in beta however, I am having issues with the quick access option now there to select I have Home and This PC with two other options I currently have on This PC I tried everything I could find to fix the issue...
  3. Quick Access file explorer option is missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quick Access file explorer option is missing: Hello, I am running Windows 11 insider program I know it's still in beta however, I am having issues with the quick access option now there to select I have Home and This PC with two other options I currently have on This PC I tried everything I could find to fix the issue...
  4. How to hide files from Office Online in Explorer Quick Access

in Windows 10 News
    How to hide files from Office Online in Explorer Quick Access: [ATTACH]All your recently opened files and folders, including pinned folders, appear under the Quick Access location. The same holds true for office online files but if you do not want to show files from Office Online in Explorer Quick Access, you can change this behavior and...
  5. Hide files from quick access search? indexing problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hide files from quick access search? indexing problems: I'm at my wit's end. I've spent hours trying to *actually* hide some files, but it's not working. For some reason they still appear in the quick access search, even though I have indexing for them turned off. Nothing I do works. The weird thing is they only appear in the...
  6. hide or get rid of Quick Access in windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Customization
    hide or get rid of Quick Access in windows 10 Home: How can I get rid of Quick Access in windows 10. I have tried the most common ways from the internet like changing to This PC, but they don't work....
  7. Hide Quick Access Items

in Windows 10 Support
    Hide Quick Access Items: Hi, Using this: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer] "HubMode"=dword:00000001 I hide Quick Access from Navigation Pane Is that possible to hide single items from inside Quick Access without hiding the whole thing via registry only? [img]...
  8. "Hide Taskbar" option not hiding taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    "Hide Taskbar" option not hiding taskbar: Hi, I'm using Build TH1 10240 with all updates (just checked before I posted this to be sure) dual booting W7 and W10 with no known problems other than the taskbar issue. The taskbar hides and appears fine when nothing is up but the desktop, or the settings window and...
  9. Any way to disable / Hide Quick Access in File explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Any way to disable / Hide Quick Access in File explorer: Hi folks I find the quick access displays in File explorer mega annoying -- any way to hide it or better disable it altogether. Cheers jimbo 108605
  10. Hide Specific File or Folder from Quick Access in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide Specific File or Folder from Quick Access in Windows 10: How to: Hide Specific File or Folder from Quick Access in Windows 10 How to Hide a Specific File or Folder from Quick access in Windows 10 Windows 10 replaced Favorites from previous Windows with Quick access. The Quick access page is the shortest route to files you've...