Windows 10: Hide/Remove OneDrive in File Manager on Windows 10

Discus and support Hide/Remove OneDrive in File Manager on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I would like the OneDrive icon to be hidden/removed from File Explorer on my 64 bit Windows 10 Home device. I find the same steps all over the that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Arsenal, Sep 5, 2015.

1. Arsenal Win User

Hide/Remove OneDrive in File Manager on Windows 10

I would like the OneDrive icon to be hidden/removed from File Explorer on my 64 bit Windows 10 Home device. I find the same steps all over the that don't seem to work for me involving setting two flags in the registry as follows:

Set the System.IsPinnedToNameSpaceTree DWORD value to 0 for both of the following:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6}
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6}

I've set them both on and off, restarting inbetween, several times but it doesn't seem to affect OneDrive in the File Manager. The other option presented is ripping OneDrive out completely but that doesn't seem to work for me as well. Those instructions involve killing the OneDrive process and then removing it using the following commands:

64-bit edition of Windows 10: %SystemRoot%\System32\OneDriveSetup.exe /uninstall
    32-bit edition of Windows 10: %SystemRoot%\SysWOW64\OneDriveSetup.exe /uninstall

I've though I'm running 64-bit Windows 10 I don't even have OneDriveSetup.exe in my System32 folder. I do have it in my SysWoW64 folder but when I run it with the /uninstall switch nothing seems to happen and the OneDrive icon remains in File Explorer.

Any help would be most appreciated. Thank you!

:)

Arsenal, Sep 5, 2015

2. I suspect file explorer crashed is related to microsoft edge

for your reference: how I get help from techjourney

Hide & Remove OneDrive from Windows 10 File Explorer Navigation Pane Folder Tree - Tech Journey

(myself wroteHide/Remove OneDrive in File Manager on Windows 10 :)I'm glad found here. OneDrive bothers me because without knowing or by accident few my datafiles saved in OneDrive in stead of the place I wanted. recently file explorer kept crashed I thought because windows 10 too complex, if myself already
    confused why not windows10 itself. however could you tell me in OneDrive document existing cc_20150509_103947.reg like files, should I ignore and perform "remove OneDrive"?( I already moved few my datafiles saved in OneDrive to the place I wanted.) Highly
    appreciated your help.....

WilliamDavis_839, Sep 5, 2015
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    BulldogXX, Sep 5, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Sep 5, 2015
  5. Edwin New Member
    Navigate to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop\NameSpace\{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6}

Right click on the Key and Export it first, then Delete it.
    The affect should be immediate.

EDIT: I should add that you should sign out of/disable and/or exit OneDrive first, and you won't be able to access the folder from any other location until you set up OneDrive anew.
    Hence the importance of exporting the Key first.

Edwin, Sep 5, 2015
  6. Arsenal Win User
    Edwin you are the man. I'd seen that key when I was bouncing around finding the two I set above but had no idea what to do with it. Just a question for my own knowledge, would the key delete you describe make my two registry settings unnecessary or are all three required (two toggles and a delete)?

Thank you sir!

Arsenal, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Hide/Remove OneDrive in File Manager on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Hide Remove OneDrive

2. hiding onedrive synced file from pc but keeping them in onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hiding onedrive synced file from pc but keeping them in onedrive: whenever I try and unselect a folder via account settings "choose folder" option with pictures in it which are in documents that transfered via onedrive to new pc I get a "cant stop syncing folders cause it contains the windows documents folder" message I tried selecting the...
  3. hiding onedrive synced file from pc but keeping them in onedrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hiding onedrive synced file from pc but keeping them in onedrive: whenever I try and unselect a folder via account settings "choose folder" option with pictures in it which are in documents that transfered via onedrive to new pc I get a "cant stop syncing folders cause it contains the windows documents folder" message I tried selecting the...
  4. Using OneDrive - Managing Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using OneDrive - Managing Files: I am considering using the 1TB version of 1 Drive to backup my Data. The problem is, I use 3 computers in my home and usually keep a backup copy of my files on the desktop. My questions are:If I use Sync, I think all files on my 2 laptops & the Desktop will sync, but I assume...
  5. Using OneDrive - Managing Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Using OneDrive - Managing Files: I am considering using the 1TB version of 1 Drive to backup my Data. The problem is, I use 3 computers in my home and usually keep a backup copy of my files on the desktop. My questions are:If I use Sync, I think all files on my 2 laptops & the Desktop will sync, but I assume...
  6. Using OneDrive - Managing Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. remove Onedrive files

in Windows 10 Customization
    remove Onedrive files: I've reset my laptop to be ready to give it away, but I had to log in to my MS account to complete the Windows install. Now my files on Onedrive are available on the laptop, even though I changed to a local sign-in. How do I get my Onedrive files off the laptop? I don't want...
  8. Remove files from OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remove files from OneDrive?: Latest update to W10. I mistakenly put some files into OneDrive that I don't want in a cloud. When I tried to remove them, I got a notice that I'd also be removing them from my hard drive. Could have been that the files weren't fully loaded to the cloud at that time. Anyway,...
  9. Hiding removable drives in Task Manager - Win10 2004

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hiding removable drives in Task Manager - Win10 2004: I have a card reader always attached to my machine. Since upgrading to 2004 all of the drives have appeared whether something was there or not. Previous versions of Windows 10 hid this. Is it possible I can do it with 2004? submitted by /u/outtokill7 [link] [comments]...
  10. Removing files from OneDrive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Removing files from OneDrive: How do I remove files from OneDrive without removing them from my computer? I don't have to have everything on my computer backed up to One Drive. How do I stop that from happening?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 hide drive from file manager

2. how to hide onedrive folder windows 10

3. is there a way to hide onedrive file when logged in