Windows 10: Hide Sender Pictures in Outlook Mail on Windows 10 Mobile Phone

Discus and support Hide Sender Pictures in Outlook Mail on Windows 10 Mobile Phone in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Hide Sender Pictures in Outlook Mail on Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Hide or Show Sender Pictures in Outlook Mail on Windows 10 Mobile Phone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Apr 12, 2018.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hide Sender Pictures in Outlook Mail on Windows 10 Mobile Phone

How to: Hide Sender Pictures in Outlook Mail on Windows 10 Mobile Phone

How to Hide or Show Sender Pictures in Outlook Mail on Windows 10 Mobile Phone

Hide Sender Pictures in Outlook Mail on Windows 10 Mobile Phone [​IMG]
    Information By default, the Outlook Mail app on your Windows 10 Mobile phone will show the sender pictures in the message list to help make it easier to see who the email messages are from.

Microsoft has quietly added a setting to turn on or off to show sender pictures in the message list in a new update of the Outlook Mail app (version 17.8013.42368.0).

This tutorial will show you how to hide or show sender pictures in the message list of the Outlook Mail app on your Windows 10 Mobile phone.

EXAMPLE: Hide or show sender pictures in the message list of Outlook Mail app

Here's How:

1. Open the Outlook Mail app. (see screenshot below)

2. Tap on the More options button (3 dots) at the bottom right, and tap on Settings. (see screenshot below)

3. Tap on Reading in Settings. (see screenshot below)

4. Under Conversation, turn on (default) or off to Show sender pictures in the message list for what you want applied to all email accounts. (see screenshot below)

5. You can now tap on the Start *Start button at the bottom of your phone to return to your Start screen if you like. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Apr 12, 2018
  2. Jayzilla Win User

Delete mails in Outlook but want to keep mails untouch in webmail

When I deleted an email in outlook and my webmail got deleted too. I want to keep all the inbox mails from the webmail even I complete deleted in outlook. I spend hrs can't think it out how. Any step by step instruction? I'm using IMAP account btw. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Jayzilla, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Sam Nome Win User
    Sender name in Mail app for PC and Outlook Mail for Windows Mobile 10 shows email address, not name

Thank you for your answer Desiree Yau. Finally somebody flagged as “from Microsoft” answered here.

Well Desiree, the here described issue is in my opinion not really a “concern”, it’s all about a
    severe software bug in Windows 10 Mobile’s built-in email-client, named “Outlook-Mail”(and apparently in the desktop version as well)!

I believe that I already said everything here and especially in the indicated

other community-thread
    (which I opened in November last year). There I have described and documented the whole matter very thoroughly, even with screenshots.

Normally there wouldn’t be anything else to add to what Elias has already said, from my side.

But dear Desiree, please allow me to inform you that…

1.) “Outlook-Mail” can’t be uninstalled from a Windows 10 Phone! There’s no way to do it, not to my knowledge. I of course thought about this before, but couldn’t find a way to un- and re-install this system-app.

2.) “Troubleshooting steps” do not really exist. What I first tried was to delete the corresponding email-accounts form Outlook-Mail and then reconfigured them. This led to nothing. The other thing that I always do after each update for “Outlook-Mail”
    (and there came a lot in the past months) is to soft-reset my Phone each time right after each update. But this leads to nothing as well.

Performing a radical hard-reset also wouldn’t make any sense, from my logic, because, I repeat: In my case the problem
    exists on both of my devices already from the very beginning on, right after I turned them on for the very first time, after having them bought
    brand-new in August 2016.

And, other users tried hard-resets already but reported that this also doesn’t resolve the problem of the missing sender’s name (mentioned in

this thread
    from the Windows Central Forum).

PS: I think that the subject of this thread here is a little bit misleading and not clearly describing the exact problem. I think we should better continue our conversation in (my) other thread with the subject

Outlook-Mail
    sends emails WITHOUT the sender's name! The sender's name is NOT transmitted!

. I think my subject describes the problem more accurate.

Sam Nome, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Eagle51 Win User

Outlook Mail

Hey enigma1944,
    Sorry ... Windows 10 Mail App > Settings (cog lower left) > Reading > Show sender pictures in the message list > Turn it off

Eagle51, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Brink Win User
    Mail and Calendar app gets Update on Windows 10 Mobile Phone

Read more: Mail and Calendar apps get on Windows 10 Mobile

Tip How to Check for App Updates in the Store in Windows 10 Mobile Phone

Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Email from blocked senders in Windows 10 Mail

I have an email address in the blocked senders list in Outlook. Emails from that sender no longer appear in my Outlook account but they are appearing in Windows 10 Mail. How do I change this?

Head scratch'n one, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Hide Sender Pictures in Outlook Mail on Windows 10 Mobile Phone - Similar Threads - Hide Sender Pictures

2. Mail for Windows 10 - Subject above sender NOT OUTLOOK

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail for Windows 10 - Subject above sender NOT OUTLOOK: Hello,I am using "Mail" app for Windows 10. It is soooooo smooth comparing to Outlook : Version 16005.14326.21256.0.I would like to change that in messages list the subject is ABOVE sender.I can't find such option easily, also all the internet says about Outlook only....
  3. Mail for Windows 10 - Subject above sender NOT OUTLOOK

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail for Windows 10 - Subject above sender NOT OUTLOOK: Hello,I am using "Mail" app for Windows 10. It is soooooo smooth comparing to Outlook : Version 16005.14326.21256.0.I would like to change that in messages list the subject is ABOVE sender.I can't find such option easily, also all the internet says about Outlook only....
  4. Windows 10 Mail and Outlook for mobile - Outlook.com subfolders not syncing

Windows 10 Mail and Outlook for mobile - Outlook.com subfolders not syncing: Hey Everyone, I have some subfolders within outlook.com that are nested under my inbox folder. These appear fine on the web but on Outlook for mobile and Windows 10 mail, they do not appear? I created them in the web by right-clicking the Inbox and selecting "Create...
  5. Blocking Senders in Windows Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blocking Senders in Windows Mail: Hi Everybody. In older versions of Windows, it was easy to block spammy e-mails. R-click -> Block Sender -> done However, I've been using Win 10 for a year or more and I am having to manually delete a lot of clutter every day which is becoming a tad irksome. I have...
  6. Windows 10 Mail safe senders

Windows 10 Mail safe senders: I found a topic here from 2017 on point, saying there was no safe senders function in Windows 10 Mail. Is that still the case? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-mail-safe-senders/ed9c1f29-4541-4ebb-a60b-4fe6ce8461fe
  7. Block senders in Windows 10 Mail ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Block senders in Windows 10 Mail ?: How do I block advertizement senders in Windows 10 Mail account (not outlook)? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/block-senders-in-windows-10-mail/3c32e368-706c-4e15-905b-0ed27e526d45
  8. Outlook Mail and Outlook Calendar will not start on my Windows Phone.

Outlook Mail and Outlook Calendar will not start on my Windows Phone.: Outlook apps have been running fine for years, suddenly stopped yesterday. Running Windows 10 on a Nokia 930, can't see anything that's not up to date....
  9. Show Sender Pictures in Windows 10 Mail App messages

in Windows 10 News
    Show Sender Pictures in Windows 10 Mail App messages: [ATTACH] Windows 10 Mail App is designed to enable fast communication and allow you to focus on what’s important across all your accounts. The app, by default, displays a circle with sender initials or pictures just adjacent to an email message [...] This post Show Sender...
  10. Hide or Show Sender Pictures in Windows 10 Mail App

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide or Show Sender Pictures in Windows 10 Mail App: How to: Hide or Show Sender Pictures in Windows 10 Mail App How to Hide or Show Sender Pictures in Message List of Windows 10 Mail App The Mail and Calendar apps included with Windows 10 help you stay up to date on your email, manage your schedule and stay in touch with...