Windows 10: Hide Specific Drives in Windows

Discus and support Hide Specific Drives in Windows in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Hide Specific Drives in Windows How to Hide Specific Drives in Windows [img] Information In Windows, you can hide specified drives to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Apr 1, 2018.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hide Specific Drives in Windows

How to: Hide Specific Drives in Windows

How to Hide Specific Drives in Windows

Hide Specific Drives in Windows [​IMG]
    Information In Windows, you can hide specified drives to have them no longer show in This PC and File Explorer without preventing access to them, or losing their assigned drive letter when unhidden.

Users can still gain access to drive contents by using methods such as by typing the path to a directory on the drive in the address bar of File Explorer, in the Map Network Drive dialog box, in the Run dialog box, or in a command window. This also does not prevent users from using programs to access these drives or their contents. And, it does not prevent users from using Disk Management to view and change drive characteristics.

This tutorial will show you how to hide specified drives in This PC and File Explorer for all users in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.

You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to hide or show drives.

EXAMPLE: E and F drives hidden

Here's How:

1. Open Registry Editor (regedit.exe).

2. Navigate to the key below in the left pane of Registry Editor. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

3. Do step 4 (show all drives) or step 5 (hide specified drives) below for what you want to do.

4. To Show All Drives in This PC and File Explorer
    A) In the right pane of the Explorer key, right click or press and hold on the NoDrives DWORD (if there), and click/tap on Delete. (see screenshot below step 2)

B) Click/tap on Yes to confirm, and go to step 6 below. (see screenshot below)

5. To Hide Specified Drives in This PC and File Explorer
    A) In the right pane of the Explorer key, double click/tap on the NoDrives DWORD to modify it. (see screenshot below step 2)

Note If you do not have a NoDrives DWORD, then right click or press and hold on a blank space in the right pane of the Explorer key, click/tap on New, click/tap on DWORD (32-bit) Value, type NoDrives for the name, and press Enter.

B) Select (dot) Decimal, enter the Value data from the table below you want for a single drive or combination of drives to hide, click/tap on OK, and go to step 6 below. (see screenshot below)

Note To hide a single drive, enter the value data from the table below for the drive letter of the drive you want to hide.

To hide a combination of drives, enter the added value data from the table below for the drive letters of each drive you want to hide.

For example: To hide both the E (16) and F (32) drives, I would add 16 and 32 together from the table below, and enter 48.

[table][tr][td]Drive Letter[/td] [td]Decimal Value Data[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Show all drives[/td] [td]0[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]A[/td] [td]1[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]B[/td] [td]2[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]C[/td] [td]4[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]D[/td] [td]8[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]E[/td] [td]16[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]F[/td] [td]32[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]G[/td] [td]64[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]H[/td] [td]128[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]I[/td] [td]256[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]J[/td] [td]512[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]K[/td] [td]1024[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]L[/td] [td]2048[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]M[/td] [td]4096[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]N[/td] [td]8192[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]O[/td] [td]16384[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]P[/td] [td]32768[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Q[/td] [td]65536[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]R[/td] [td]131072[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]S[/td] [td]262144[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]T[/td] [td]524288[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]U[/td] [td]1048576[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]V[/td] [td]2097152[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]W[/td] [td]4194304[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]X[/td] [td]8388608[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Y[/td] [td]16777216[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Z[/td] [td]33554432[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Hide all drives[/td] [td]67108863[/td] [/tr] [/table]

6. When finished, close Registry Editor.

7. restart the computer to apply.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Apr 1, 2018
  2. little cat, Oct 26, 2019
  3. how to effectively hide or disable the taskbar?

Hi,

Did you try the “Auto-hide the taskbar” option from Taskbar properties?

If you have not tried it, I would suggest you to follow these steps and auto-hide the taskbar:

• Right click on Taskbar.
    • Click on Properties
    • Check the box Auto-hide the taskbar.
    • Click on OK.

Hope this information helps.

Rohit Siddegowda, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Hide Specific Drives in Windows

[Windows 10] hide/prohibit install of specific Windows Update

Edit: Try "Show or hide updates" troubleshooter package first and let us know if it works for you.

Adapted from Preventing a certain Windows Update from installing on Windows 10 by Igal Tabachnik.
    • Uninstall the problematical driver/update.
    • Restart the computer, if necessary, and/or switch to an administrator account.
    • Download Windows Update PowerShell Module and extract it to: %WINDIR%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules After doing so, you will have a %WINDIR%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules\PSWindowsUpdate folder with a bunch of files.
    • Start -> All Apps -> expand Windows PowerShell -> right-click on Windows PowerShell and select Run as Administrator. This is very important or you'll get errors in Windows PowerShell.
    • Now you should see the PowerShell window and you'll have to enter a series of commands. First order of business is loading up PSWindowsUpdate. Note: You have to do this every time you restart PowerShell and want to use PSWindowsUpdate commands!
      CommandDescriptionSet-ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -ForceAllows the use of unsigned PowerShell scripts.Import-Module PSWindowsUpdateLoads PSWindowsUpdateSet-ExecutionPolicy Restricted -ForceClose the potential security hole.
    • Enter Get-WUList. This command will take a little while to execute. It retrieves the list of all available updates on Windows Update. If you do not see the problematical update here, it is either no longer being offered or it is installed.
    • Now you need to decide how to filter what update you want to hide. Here's some examples:
      CommandDescriptionHide-WUUpdate -Title "*Realtek High Definition Audio"This looks for a title that ends with (note the asterisk) "Realtek High Definition Audio"Hide-WUUpdate -Title "Realtek*"This looks for a title that starts with (note the asterisk) "Realtek"
      When you enter the above command, it will loop through all results it finds and ask whether or not you want to hide it. Make sure you only say "yes" to the one you want hidden and "no" to the rest.
    • It will automatically show the updated results. Verify there is an "H" under the status of the ones you want hidden and not behind the rest. If it is correct, close out of PowerShell and return to your normal user account if necessary. Run Windows Update and the update should not show/install.
    If you want to unhide an update, add -HideStatus:$false to the Hide-WUUpdate command.

FordGT90Concept, Oct 26, 2019
  5. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Hide a Hard drive In Windows

Does anyone know how to hide a hard drive, so you can't see it in My Computer.

I have several hard drives, and a partition on one that i have set up just for the system's page file. Is there a way to hide it so its one less Hard drive that shows up, when you open up my computer?

pepsi71ocean, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Hide Specific Drives in Windows

1. Hide Specific Drives in Windows - Similar Threads - Hide Specific Drives

2. How to hide the task bar for a specific desktop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to hide the task bar for a specific desktop.: Hi there,I'm a user of Windows 11, and I get used to separate the apps to different desktops. It's really convenient.I would like to know how to hide the task bar for a specific desktop.Thanks,Shuai...
  3. How to hide the task bar for a specific desktop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to hide the task bar for a specific desktop.: Hi there,I'm a user of Windows 11, and I get used to separate the apps to different desktops. It's really convenient.I would like to know how to hide the task bar for a specific desktop.Thanks,Shuai...
  4. Want to hide taskbar for specific app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Want to hide taskbar for specific app: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,The problem is that I use Premiere Pro and my screen resolution is 1920x1080. So that Windows taskbar takes much space and makes app narrow. I don't want to auto hide taskbar forever because I need it. I want that my taskbar is visible and when I...
  5. how to hide specific photos from slideshow

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to hide specific photos from slideshow: I want my screensaver to be a slideshow of all my photos, with just certain photos excluded. Is there a possibility to do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-hide-specific-photos-from-slideshow/fac53960-ba28-4564-8db8-a49e4b008ff0
  6. Hide the Taskbar in Specific Applications?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hide the Taskbar in Specific Applications?: Does anyone here know how to Hide the Taskbar in specific applications and NOT the desktop screen? For exmaple, I want to use firefox without the Taskbar shows up (only when my mouse is at the bottom), but I want the taskbar to appear static when I'm on the desktop screen so...
  7. Is there a way for me to hide filenames in specific folders?

Is there a way for me to hide filenames in specific folders?: [ATTACH] I have my music folder set up like this (Some folder icons aren't updated because the free trial of my icon editing tool ran out.) and I think it would look better if the folder names weren't there. Is there any way to do this? I would also like to do this for...
  8. Is it possible to hide a specific Microsoft store app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Is it possible to hide a specific Microsoft store app: Is it possible to hide a specific microsoft store app from the start menu while leaving all other apps as they r? actually many people access my computer and i dont want them to know that i have this or that app installed. and on the same time i dont want to remove the app...
  9. Hiding a specific app from start menu

Hiding a specific app from start menu: Hello Redditors, I am having a little situation where after installing Adobe Creative Cloud on my computer an app called "Notification Manager for Adobe Creative Cloud" appeared on my Start Menu. I have checked in both "all user start menu" and "current user start menu"...
  10. Hide network drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hide network drive: I have a network drive mapped and I want to hide it, is it possible? 131356