Windows 10: Hiding QuickAccess Icon in Explorer thru Regedit not working.

Discus and support Hiding QuickAccess Icon in Explorer thru Regedit not working. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi. The attributes Dword cannot be changed from a0100000 to a0600000 or a0700000 as mentioned in all methods on the net. The ownership was first... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by seymoria, Apr 28, 2018.

1. seymoria Win User

Hiding QuickAccess Icon in Explorer thru Regedit not working.

Hi.

The attributes Dword cannot be changed from a0100000 to a0600000 or a0700000 as mentioned in all methods on the net.

The ownership was first changed to Administrators (not Administrator, which is separately mentioned) as instructed in the method.

Any one please guide what to do?

Links to methods below :

How to hide and remove Quick Access icon from File Explorer in Windows 10

https://www.askvg.com/how-to-disable...file-explorer/

windows 10 - Get rid of new desktop icon (Win10-AU) - Super User

:)

seymoria, Apr 28, 2018
  2. Bill832 Win User

Restore file to Windows 10 Quick Access

Finally uncovered a way to restore a file to QuickAccess that was acceptable to me. If you go to view/options and clear history, removed files will return to QuickAccess. The negative is you've removed everything except pinned items from QuickAccess until
    you open them again and you have restored everything you have removed from showing up in QuickAccess.

Bill832, Apr 28, 2018
  3. Windows 10 replaced Recent Folders with Quick Access. how to change 10 to 20?

"Works perfect for me."

Really? For me all of these "hacks" have put "Recent Folders" or "Recent Items" back into the Explorer sidebar if you expand "QuickAccess" with the triangle left of the name, or "Frequent Folders" or "Recent Files" into the list side of the window if you
    click on the "QuickAccess" name itself.

But in some random app in the SaveAs dialog, which is where I really want the recent list, often none of them will appear. It seems different for each app, sometimes the name of a list will appear but when I click on it I'm told I can't save there. Sometimes
    I'm told it doesn't exist, do I want to create it? Sometimes I see a working list but it is the "Frequent" list which doesn't include my "recent" location. Mostly I end up re-navigating the whole path again inside SaveAs.

Maybe we need to make a list of apps where "Recent" works or doesn't. Or when it works and when it doesn't... Just now, in TextPad 8, SaveAs shows "Recent Folders" and "Recent Items" in the sidebar, but Open only shows "Recent Items". There are 149 of them,
    including some folders, so a decent chance of finding what you want, if you dig - but not the classic simplicity of "Recent Folders".

But, for example, in Photoshop CS4 (yes, I know it is ancient, but I own it outright), SaveAs and Open both show only a single QuickAccess icon with no dropdown arrow, and clicking it only shows you the useless "Frequent Folders" - pretty much the "pinned
    to QuickAccess" items, but without any "Recent" items.

If anyone has a solution that shows "Recent Folders" inside all apps, I'd love to hear it.

LorenAmelang, Apr 28, 2018
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Apr 28, 2018
Thema:

1. Hiding QuickAccess Icon in Explorer thru Regedit not working. - Similar Threads - Hiding QuickAccess Icon

2. Regedit & cmd not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Regedit & cmd not working: So I had a problem in which an app wouldn’t work without something from the Microsoft store. So I had watched a video saying to change my exefiles to application. Once I did this I Reseted my computer and now everytime I try to open up an app like chrome it says this “This...
  3. Regedit & cmd not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Regedit & cmd not working: So I had a problem in which an app wouldn’t work without something from the Microsoft store. So I had watched a video saying to change my exefiles to application. Once I did this I Reseted my computer and now everytime I try to open up an app like chrome it says this “This...
  4. Regedit & cmd not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. RegEdit Not Working, FlipFlopWheel

in Windows 10 Customization
    RegEdit Not Working, FlipFlopWheel: I want to reverse the scroll direction on my mouse, and I did the usual in the Registry Editor, and changed FlipFlopWheel to a value of 1. It worked fine. About every week or so, I boot up, and the scroll direction is reversed again. I go back into the editor, and...
  6. hiding desktop icons

hiding desktop icons: How do you hide the desktop icons in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hiding-desktop-icons/aaefc1bb-020c-4564-b4ef-2a61f0388a1e
  7. Hiding the Desktop Icon (Dropdown File Explorer)

Hiding the Desktop Icon (Dropdown File Explorer): Hello everyone, Hereby I would like to ask all of you for help on a problem me and my colleague have been tackling for the past couple of days now. We just can't seem to be able to crack this one. Situation: We are setting up our new Citrix farm and preparing our new...
  8. Icon Spacing In REGEDIT Didn't Work

Icon Spacing In REGEDIT Didn't Work: Do I have to reboot computer or something else to get Icon Spacing in REGEDIT to work? - I changed horizontal spacing from the standard -1125 to -1150 and saw no change. Tried -1200 and saw no change. - Why does Win 10 make everything harder? Have to go into the...
  9. Hide tray icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Hide tray icons: Is there some way to hide some of my tray icons until i click on the "show hidden icons" down arrow in windows 10. My options seem to be either show or don't show. [img] 18419
  10. Lost access to programs thru icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost access to programs thru icons: Somehow Win 10 has started to refused to allow me to launch some programs from the desktop icons. The error message says "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file." I get the same error message if I navigate to the program file and click directly on the...