Windows 10: hiding/stopping/terminating/removing all future windows update indefinitely

Discus and support hiding/stopping/terminating/removing all future windows update indefinitely in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have some sort of unused RAID/controller feature physically installed on my motherboard/(or somewhere I can't find) and I believe it is no longer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Danny S.Yang, Jul 7, 2018.

1. hiding/stopping/terminating/removing all future windows update indefinitely

I have some sort of unused RAID/controller feature physically installed on my motherboard/(or somewhere I can't find) and I believe it is no longer supported by windows 10, and certainly not for any future versions of windows. I've tried to disconnect my hard drive or uninstalling any RAID drivers and none seams to work.

My windows 10 has ended its service and couldn't update Version 1507, Version 1511, Version 1607, or Version 1703 as well as the newest Version 1803.

My problem is that the update keeps showing up and is very annoying, what can I do to stop update forever?

--> so far my BEST solution right now is actually let the automatic download go thru, but when it's time to install, don't do anything when it says "NEXT", this way the system will think that you're installing an update, so it will pause all other update and stop reminding you. It'll just take up another program on your bar. And when you restart you've got to re-do this... so I'm hoping there's a better solution...

:)

Danny S.Yang, Jul 7, 2018
  2. DaveM121 Win User

How to stop an update and prevent auto update in the future?

Hi Joey, you can hide that update, which will stop Windows 10 attempting to install it in the future . . .

Download the tool from the link below, run that, in the list of pending updates, select that update and click 'Hide' that will stop windows from attempting to install it:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/f/2/2/f2...

DaveM121, Jul 7, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    [Windows 10] hide/prohibit install of specific Windows Update

I have never intentionally used windows to provide my device drivers (except for older printers without Vendor drivers for clients). I only manually update from the vendor websites. Will just have to make a list of things to disable/remove if I finally decide to load it up on a machine.

Ahhzz, Jul 7, 2018
  4. hiding/stopping/terminating/removing all future windows update indefinitely

[Windows 10] hide/prohibit install of specific Windows Update

Edit: Try "Show or hide updates" troubleshooter package first and let us know if it works for you.

Adapted from Preventing a certain Windows Update from installing on Windows 10 by Igal Tabachnik.
    • Uninstall the problematical driver/update.
    • Restart the computer, if necessary, and/or switch to an administrator account.
    • Download Windows Update PowerShell Module and extract it to: %WINDIR%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules After doing so, you will have a %WINDIR%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules\PSWindowsUpdate folder with a bunch of files.
    • Start -> All Apps -> expand Windows PowerShell -> right-click on Windows PowerShell and select Run as Administrator. This is very important or you'll get errors in Windows PowerShell.
    • Now you should see the PowerShell window and you'll have to enter a series of commands. First order of business is loading up PSWindowsUpdate. Note: You have to do this every time you restart PowerShell and want to use PSWindowsUpdate commands!
      CommandDescriptionSet-ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -ForceAllows the use of unsigned PowerShell scripts.Import-Module PSWindowsUpdateLoads PSWindowsUpdateSet-ExecutionPolicy Restricted -ForceClose the potential security hole.
    • Enter Get-WUList. This command will take a little while to execute. It retrieves the list of all available updates on Windows Update. If you do not see the problematical update here, it is either no longer being offered or it is installed.
    • Now you need to decide how to filter what update you want to hide. Here's some examples:
      CommandDescriptionHide-WUUpdate -Title "*Realtek High Definition Audio"This looks for a title that ends with (note the asterisk) "Realtek High Definition Audio"Hide-WUUpdate -Title "Realtek*"This looks for a title that starts with (note the asterisk) "Realtek"
      When you enter the above command, it will loop through all results it finds and ask whether or not you want to hide it. Make sure you only say "yes" to the one you want hidden and "no" to the rest.
    • It will automatically show the updated results. Verify there is an "H" under the status of the ones you want hidden and not behind the rest. If it is correct, close out of PowerShell and return to your normal user account if necessary. Run Windows Update and the update should not show/install.
    If you want to unhide an update, add -HideStatus:$false to the Hide-WUUpdate command.

FordGT90Concept, Jul 7, 2018
Thema:

hiding/stopping/terminating/removing all future windows update indefinitely

1. hiding/stopping/terminating/removing all future windows update indefinitely - Similar Threads - hiding stopping terminating

2. Defective Windows Update. I want to stop all Windows updates in the future.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Defective Windows Update. I want to stop all Windows updates in the future.: Yesterday morning 1/12/2022 Microsoft informed me that I needed to do some Windows 10 updates. When the updates were nearly complete, a message appeared saying Windows had encountered "a problem". No details of the problem were offered. When I next tried to boot up my Windows...
  3. Defective Windows Update. I want to stop all Windows updates in the future.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Defective Windows Update. I want to stop all Windows updates in the future.: Yesterday morning 1/12/2022 Microsoft informed me that I needed to do some Windows 10 updates. When the updates were nearly complete, a message appeared saying Windows had encountered "a problem". No details of the problem were offered. When I next tried to boot up my Windows...
  4. Defective Windows Update. I want to stop all Windows updates in the future.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to indefinitely stop auto updates?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to indefinitely stop auto updates?: Windows 7 was pretty easy and clear on how to stop auto updates (download/install) but w10 doesnt seem to have that option? i recently made a thread about issues with windows 10 version 2004 update seen here...
  6. Is it safe to remove the future update?

Is it safe to remove the future update?: Hello. I'm having problems with Windows 10 1909 version and it's been more than 10 days so I can't do the roll back option. Someone suggested that I delete this: Feature Update to Windows 10 Version 1909 via Enablement Package KB4517245 I've deleted Windows.old folder. If...
  7. Is it at all possible to stop all future Windows updates?

Is it at all possible to stop all future Windows updates?: I lost two weeks of my time, going through at least 15 different Microsoft techs, and 2 different techs at Corel after the 1903 update abruptly stopped the use of Photoshop, InDesign and Corel Paintshop Prop 2019. I ended up having to do a complete recovery to get them to...
  8. Cannot remove a Keyboard layout indefinitely

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot remove a Keyboard layout indefinitely: I have written and shown the problem in this forum thread: https://www.tenforums.com/general-support/120304-cannot-remove-keyboard-layout-indefinitely.html I really don't know why after every restart I get 3 keyboards layouts if I have installed two language packs and in...
  9. Cannot remove Keyboard layout indefinitely

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot remove Keyboard layout indefinitely: I have written and shown the problem in this thread https://www.tenforums.com/general-support/120304-cannot-remove-keyboard-layout-indefinitely.html I really don't know why after every restart I get 3 keyboards layouts if I have installed two language packs and in each one...
  10. Remove/Hide Apps in "All Apps"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove/Hide Apps in "All Apps": Hello together, I am new here and I can't find my Question answered for the last three Days now.... I wish to remove from "All Apps" some Programs. I do not wish to uninstall them, but just to remove them from that list. I found that I can add here...