Windows 10: High Contrast mode randomly being enabled

Discus and support High Contrast mode randomly being enabled in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I work end user support and I have a user that is claiming for months now that the computer randomly switches to high contrast mode. The screenshot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by cpullman, Jan 17, 2017.

1. cpullman Win User

High Contrast mode randomly being enabled

I work end user support and I have a user that is claiming for months now that the computer randomly switches to high contrast mode. The screenshot he/she is sending appears to show the computer in high contrast mode, i.e. by using the Left Shift + Alt + Print Screen button to toggle high contrast mode. I have already trained him about these keys to ensure he is not somehow hitting them accidentally. We do not have personalization disabled so a user could potentially change the theme to high contrast. When I have he/she log in the colors randomly look fine. He claims it randomly occurs. I know there is no logging info for this in event viewer so it is difficult to determine if the user is doing it on purpose.

Is there anything other than using the personalization -> theme in settings or using the Left shift + Alt + Print Screen that would randomly turn high contrast mode on?

I have already disabled the ease of access center from appearing in control panel and also disabled it from opening.

:)

cpullman, Jan 17, 2017

2. Lumina 521 color display gone

Have you enabled high contrast mode? If so switch it off and it should look normal again.

Settings > Ease of access > High contrast - off.

psychomania---01, Jan 17, 2017
  3. LCRT Win User
    my background theme has stopped working

You must have enabled high contrast mode in the accessibility options...

Thema:

High Contrast mode randomly being enabled

1. High Contrast mode randomly being enabled - Similar Threads - High Contrast mode

2. High contrast

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High contrast: Hi, i wanted to change my high contrast settings and i went to custom settings and accidentaly changed all the things like background, text all of that stuff to white and now all my screen is white and i can't change it back and can't use the computer normallyPls help!...
  3. High contrast colors appearing when high contrast mode is off

in Windows 10 Customization
    High contrast colors appearing when high contrast mode is off: High contrast colors keep appearing in file explorer and many other windows apps, but things like taskbar and edge don't have these colors. High contrast mode is off. Sometimes when I reboot it disappears, but not always. It's really annoying and it seems to only happen on my...
  4. High Contrast Mode will not turn off.

High Contrast Mode will not turn off.: Since the last w10 update I have noticed the date & time, weather temperature greyed out. Rather annoying as when you hover mouse over either, they still don't become very visible.I was trying to make these visible again and set High Contrast Mode by accident.Now it will not...
  5. High Contrast

High Contrast: I have a vision issue. Viewing webpages in High Contrast mode makes it much easier on my eyes. I demo software online for my job. When doing this I can not demo in high contrast mode because I need the customer to see what they are buying. I have tow monitors. Is it possible...
  6. Stuck in high contrast mode!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck in high contrast mode!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/5150-5150 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h16bam/stuck_in_high_contrast_mode/
  7. High Contrast Mode(Bug?)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    High Contrast Mode(Bug?): I turned on high contrast mode a while back thinking it would work like dark mode on my phone, I quickly realized I didn't like it so I turned it off. Now all of my search bars and my folders still display in HCM. How do I fix this? I have restarted my computer (probably...
  8. High contrast mode - the darndest thing...

High contrast mode - the darndest thing...: 1. Go into High Contrast Mode. 2. Logon to https:/www.rams.com.au 3. Position your cursor into the Search box in the top right hand corner. 4. Don't actually type anything. 5. After a few seconds - maybe 10 - you will be logged off from the site. 6. Note you will not...
  9. EXCEL high contrast mode

EXCEL high contrast mode: I I turned on high contrast by mistake. FOund out onw to und this and it sor of worked. In my EXCEL worksheet it is still high contrast... and unuseable. RIght here I cannot see what I am typing as the font is white and I cannot change it. What can I do?...
  10. High Contrast Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    High Contrast Mode: I turned on high contrast mode. Now it won't change back to normal mode no matter what I do. I tried selecting None in the dialog box for high contrast mode and all the other modes. Nothing works. Help please! 9661

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows high contrast automatically turned on