Windows 10: High Contrast setting only on certain applications

Discus and support High Contrast setting only on certain applications in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So by mistake, on the ease of access tab I clicked on the high contrast setting a number of times as my computer seemed to have sticky keys of some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by frustrateduser, Sep 20, 2015.

1. High Contrast setting only on certain applications

So by mistake, on the ease of access tab I clicked on the high contrast setting a number of times as my computer seemed to have sticky keys of some sort. Even after being turned off, some applications still retained the high contrast e.g. the background of Microsoft words and Windows explorer as well as the search bar in my Torch browser. how do I revert all these so they go back to normal because my desktop and menu and other Windows 10 apps seem to be unaffected. Please, please help

:)

frustrateduser, Sep 20, 2015

2. High Contrast on only for certain applications and can't turn it off?

Thank you for the update, Danny. We’re glad that the issue has been resolved. To help other users who might have this issue in the future, we’ll mark your reply as answer for other users to easily find a workaround if such concern occurs on their PC.

If you have other queries, don’t hesitate to reach out.

Arthur Rui, Sep 20, 2015
  3. High Contrast on only for certain applications and can't turn it off?

Hi Danny,

The issue could be due to an update which requires updating the device driver as well. To isolate the issue, please provide the following information:

• Aside from the programs mentioned on your post, are there other programs being affected by the display?
    • When did the issue started to occur?
    • Have you done any recent changes prior to the issue?
    • Is it possible to send a screenshot of the programs affected?

As what I’ve mentioned earlier, there is a possibility of driver compatibility issue on your PC. We suggest performing the troubleshooting on this support article:
    Update drivers in Windows 10.

Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any updates.

Arthur Rui, Sep 20, 2015
Thema:

High Contrast setting only on certain applications

1. High Contrast setting only on certain applications - Similar Threads - High Contrast setting

2. High Contrast

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High Contrast: high contrast has been turned off, but some applications are still on, and there is no solution anywhere, not even on the official website, except for drivers and whatever, everything has been updated, and how do I know my drivers are not compatible, windows is forcing me to...
  3. High contrast

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High contrast: Hi, i wanted to change my high contrast settings and i went to custom settings and accidentaly changed all the things like background, text all of that stuff to white and now all my screen is white and i can't change it back and can't use the computer normallyPls help!...
  4. High contrast

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High contrast: Hi, i wanted to change my high contrast settings and i went to custom settings and accidentaly changed all the things like background, text all of that stuff to white and now all my screen is white and i can't change it back and can't use the computer normallyPls help!...
  5. high contrast mode effecting certain web pages

in Windows 10 Customization
    high contrast mode effecting certain web pages: for some reason high contrast mode is changing the way some websites look. i am using google chrome but its the same on edge and explorer. i tried disabling forced colours in chrome://flags but it didnt work. any help? 181759
  6. High Contrast

High Contrast: I have a vision issue. Viewing webpages in High Contrast mode makes it much easier on my eyes. I demo software online for my job. When doing this I can not demo in high contrast mode because I need the customer to see what they are buying. I have tow monitors. Is it possible...
  7. high contrast settings, try out

high contrast settings, try out: Is there any way for me to try out, see aht the various different contrast settings look like without and before applying system change? I need a darker background but want to see what it looks like before "applying". Thank you....
  8. High contrast office theme without setting system to high contrast?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    High contrast office theme without setting system to high contrast?: Can I set Office programs to high contrast individually without setting my entire system to high contrast? I have an OLED display, so I'm looking for as much black as possible and high contrast is perfect. submitted by /u/normiewageslave [link] [comments]...
  9. High Contrast Setting Brilliant

High Contrast Setting Brilliant: Just a tip to Windows 10 users . I only found this accidently . Go to Settings then Personalise Colours then with the Dark Theme also selected click on HIGH CONTRAST. It is absolutely Fantastic makes a World of a difference to the whole Layout and look of Windows is...
  10. high contrast settings

high contrast settings: Is there a way to get normal color setting without high contrast just like windows 98 SE. 125154

Users found this page by searching for:

1. high contrast on some applications

2. set high contrast mode to one application windows 10

3. can i use high contrast mode for only certain programs