Windows 10: High CPU usage: Service Host: DCOM Server Process Launcher

Discus and support High CPU usage: Service Host: DCOM Server Process Launcher in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; So for quite a while now, I have been having issues with my pc. After using it for a couple of hours (playing games, browsing the internet, using it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by woofwoofus, Jun 2, 2016.

1. High CPU usage: Service Host: DCOM Server Process Launcher

So for quite a while now, I have been having issues with my pc.
    After using it for a couple of hours (playing games, browsing the internet, using it for university work, etc.) its performance is noticably lower than just after startup. Task Manager tells me that

svchost.exe Service Host: DCOM Server Process Launcher

is using about 25% of my CPU and 30% of my RAM. This seems incredibly high to me. Restarts solve the issue but I would rather not have to of course.
    I've googled the problem already, but a lot of forum posts are from people using Windows 7 or are unsolved.
    Standard Microsoft procedure has you using RAM checkers and all that. I did that, and the results were that my RAM is fine.
    It is also not Windows update sharing as some suggest as I have that turned off.
    I'm really hoping someone can help me here.

:)

woofwoofus, Jun 2, 2016
  2. URBirdman Win User

After installing the windows 10 update KB3201845, my computer stopped working.

A lot programs including, but not limited to, Chrome, Edge, Settings, cannot be opened. The process "Service Host: DCOM Server Process Launcher" keep using high CPU percentage.

Even I uninstalled the update, the problem is still there. What should I do?

URBirdman, Jun 2, 2016
  3. Windows 10 auto update broke computer

Hi, I left my computer for dinner today and it decided to install updates and rebooted without my consent.

Anyway, now it is broken:

1. I can login, but then CPU usage goes high and almost nothing works. For example, Chrome hangs; Start bar wont launch processes; etc

2. Task manager will start and shows continuous high CPU from "Services Host: DCOM Server Process Launcher"

3. Running some things using Win-R works, eg explorer, cmd prompt.

I tried a system restore from the system boot but it did not fix the problem.

Please help.

Ron

Ron Bareis, Jun 2, 2016
Thema:

High CPU usage: Service Host: DCOM Server Process Launcher

1. High CPU usage: Service Host: DCOM Server Process Launcher - Similar Threads - High CPU usage

2. "Service host: DCOM Server Process Launcher" consumes a high level of memoryCPU.

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Service host: DCOM Server Process Launcher" consumes a high level of memoryCPU.: I have a problem with "Service host: DCOM Server Process Launcher" it consumes a high level of memoryCPU. But when i put my laptop to safe mode it went from 70% to 0% cpu DCOM. There is nothing much in this mode so i can't work in it. i don't know what to do can i have some...
  3. "Service host: DCOM Server Process Launcher" consumes a high level of memoryCPU.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Service host: DCOM Server Process Launcher" consumes a high level of memoryCPU.: I have a problem with "Service host: DCOM Server Process Launcher" it consumes a high level of memoryCPU. But when i put my laptop to safe mode it went from 70% to 0% cpu DCOM. There is nothing much in this mode so i can't work in it. i don't know what to do can i have some...
  4. "Service host: DCOM Server Process Launcher" consumes a high level of memoryCPU.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to fix high CPU usage of "Service host DCOM server process launcher"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix high CPU usage of "Service host DCOM server process launcher": Actually, after updating to windows 11, I've had a lot of problems and now after plugging in my adapter my fan speeds up to max so I've closed everything and opened task manager to see what happening and there I came to know that this service host DCOM server process launcher...
  6. How to fix high CPU usage of "Service host DCOM server process launcher"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix high CPU usage of "Service host DCOM server process launcher": Actually, after updating to windows 11, I've had a lot of problems and now after plugging in my adapter my fan speeds up to max so I've closed everything and opened task manager to see what happening and there I came to know that this service host DCOM server process launcher...
  7. Service Host: DCOM Server Process Launcher causing problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Service Host: DCOM Server Process Launcher causing problems: Hello, I seen some old posts about the Service Host problem causing CPU spikes, and pc problems. I recently updated my PC, and started having problems with this process. Has there been any fix actions for this problem??...
  8. DCOM server process launcher high cpu usage

DCOM server process launcher high cpu usage: hi, i have dell laptop running windows 10. recently i updated my windows 10 version to 2004.after using 10 to 20 mins my laptop getting hot. i found that DCOM server process launcher has high cpu usage.is there any way to avoid this problem.pls help me.....
  9. Service Host: DCOM Server Process Launcher High CPU Usage (100%)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Service Host: DCOM Server Process Launcher High CPU Usage (100%): So, it starts when I start development server from npm. And continues till next restart even when I shut down the server. And my CPU runs at 100% usage. Why is this? And how do I fix this? [img] [img] 142002
  10. Service Host: DCOM Server Process Launcher (4) High Memory Usage

Service Host: DCOM Server Process Launcher (4) High Memory Usage: <p>Hi</p><p>In the previous <g class="gr_ gr_20 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Punctuation only-ins replaceWithoutSep" data-gr-id="20" id="20">days</g> I'm facing this problem that DCOM Server Process Launcher uses lots of memory. For the details, it starts...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. service host dcom server using 100% cpu

2. service host: dcom server process launcher

3. dcom server process launcher

4. service host dcom,
  5. service host dcom server process,
  6. dcom server process launcher high cpu usage,
  7. hpseu host launcher,
  8. Service Host: DCOM Server Process Launcher cpu,
  9. dcom service host,
  10. hpseu_host_launcher,
  11. service host dcom slow cpu,