Windows 10: high cpu usage when cursor moving

Discus and support high cpu usage when cursor moving in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So, this is the problem... If i move my cursor on desktop, the cpu usage of explorer.exe spikes; move it on browser, browser spikes, and other thing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by kazeWu, Jul 14, 2018.

1. kazeWu Win User

high cpu usage when cursor moving

So, this is the problem...

If i move my cursor on desktop, the cpu usage of explorer.exe spikes; move it on browser, browser spikes, and other thing that the cursor is not on does a little bit too.

This causes lag, fps drops.

Everything does the same, games, media players, applications, even the task manager and resource monitor themselves.

I've done malware scan, virus scan, /scannow, there's nothing being reported.

Updated chipset driver, usb driver, GPU driver, it's still the same.

This happens in safe mode, too.

If i use remote desktop from my phone to control the cursor instead of my mouse, the problem is still there, so i think it might not be the hardware?

CPU: i7 8700

MB: Gigabyte Aurora Z370 Gaming 3

GPU: 1060 3gb

RAM: 16GB

speccy: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/RNWe5OWxvsDCmOLi2wcCa7U

:)

kazeWu, Jul 14, 2018
  2. Johny_1 Win User

High CPU usage while moving the cursor in windows10

Hello, I recently installed windows 10 ,but unfortunately when i move the mouse on applications the CPU
    percentage increases from 2% to 30%.

I have the same problem in safe mode as well

all my drivers are up to date and I've installed all windows updates

I checked the task manager to see which
    process causes the problem ,there isn't one special process that causes the problem when I move the cursor on any application that applications CPU usage percentage increases immediately

even when I move the cursor on a blank area of desktop explorer.exe kills my CPU.

It's not my mouse problem because I have the same problem when I move the cursor with my touch pad .

I did not have this problem on windows 7 if I can't fix this I'll reinstall windows 7.

Johny_1, Jul 14, 2018
  3. Rick.T Win User
    Windows 10 Display Blinking with High CPU

After upgrade to Windows 10, experiencing flashing display and high CPU.

• At initial logon screen everything is normal - wall paper and logon screen display with no blinking
    • After logon, fan starts as CPU usage spikes, cursor is accompanied by the spinning blue circle
    • touchscreen does not respond to swipe to access Recovery/Safe mode for reboot
    • able to get to Task Manager and Perfmon to see high CPU usage and explorer.exe is suspended
    looking for suggestions on how to either fix or roll back to Windows 8.1

Rick.T, Jul 14, 2018
  4. high cpu usage when cursor moving

high cpu usage

After downloading windows 10, anytime I run any programs, I get high CPU usage. It does not matter whether it is google chrome, task manager, playing games, whatever. Anything seems to spike the CPU usage. I have already run malwarbytes and my antivirus
    programs and find no viruses. Any suggestions? Thanks.

JanMcCoy_827, Jul 14, 2018
Thema:

high cpu usage when cursor moving

1. high cpu usage when cursor moving - Similar Threads - high cpu usage

2. CPU usage is high

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CPU usage is high: My CPU usage is 50% and sometimes higher and the only thing I have opened is Google Chrome. Presentational font cache exe is using most of it and Chrome is using 10-15%. Memory usage is 60% and Chrome is using most of that. 960 mb What can I do to fix this?...
  3. csrss.exe causing high gpu usage when scrolling and moving cursor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    csrss.exe causing high gpu usage when scrolling and moving cursor: I have never experience the problem before. This is causing me to lag in some video games so I would like to have it fixed. Unfortunately I have no idea what the issue could be.I use windows 10 and have a rtx 2070 super...
  4. csrss.exe causing high gpu usage when scrolling and moving cursor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    csrss.exe causing high gpu usage when scrolling and moving cursor: I have never experience the problem before. This is causing me to lag in some video games so I would like to have it fixed. Unfortunately I have no idea what the issue could be.I use windows 10 and have a rtx 2070 super...
  5. csrss.exe causing high gpu usage when scrolling and moving cursor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. High CPU Usage

High CPU Usage: I just did a factory reset of my windows 10 because of low storage and an issue I have had before and after the reset is high CPU usage. I don't have any external anti virus. And when I get the high usage I just have to open task manager and its fine. its not even when I play...
  7. High CPU usage

High CPU usage: I have constant ongoing high CPU usage . One of the causes is a non Windows app I'm trying to rectify. The other 3 are all Windows based; WMI provider host, Antimalware Service and Services and Controller App....
  8. High cpu usage

High cpu usage: Hi guys, I have a weird problem and I can't fix it. After changing some settings in Comand Promt my computer started behaving weird. My cpu usage is high and very unstable, for no reason. In the task manager there is nothing that should cause high cpu usage, there are no...
  9. High CPU usage when moving my mouse.

High CPU usage when moving my mouse.: Basically, whenever I move my mouse in a window or program, the cpu usage of that program spikes significantly. I've also noticed that videos stutter a lot whenever i move my cursor as well. One thing I have noticed is that while using the touchpad does increase the cpu usage...
  10. High CPU usage when moving windows

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    High CPU usage when moving windows: I first noticed this issue when moving a panel around in an application I'm developing, but after further testing found that whenever I move almost any application around my screen I get 20-30% CPU usage from that application. I haven't ever noticed this before and am just...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cpu high usage when moving mouse