Windows 10: high cpu windows media player network sharing service

Discus and support high cpu windows media player network sharing service in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; This process has started to constantly use about 50% of cpu. I have seen several suggestions on the web but am not sure which apply to Windows 10.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by cathy, Sep 22, 2015.

1. cathy Win User

high cpu windows media player network sharing service

This process has started to constantly use about 50% of cpu. I have seen several suggestions on the web but am not sure which apply to Windows 10.

I have not used Windows Media Player since upgrading to Windows 10.

I am not sure which forum to post this to so please feel to tell me if another forum would be more appropriate.

:)

cathy, Sep 22, 2015
  2. Mitza_tza Win User

N97 "MTP usb device failed" windows 7

I disabled windows media player sharing center

1.Start

2. type "services.msc"

3. Seaarch for Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service , thay are in alphabetical order.

4. Double-click on the service

5. Press STOP.

optional

6. Press disable if u don't need sharing media over a network.

Mitza_tza, Sep 22, 2015
  3. PC starting up for no reason

Hi,

You could also go to services and disables media sharing from there.

Start, type in services click on services when it comes up scroll down to Windows Media Player network sharing service and disable.

Anannya Podder, Sep 22, 2015
Thema:

high cpu windows media player network sharing service

1. high cpu windows media player network sharing service - Similar Threads - high cpu media

2. Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service keeps defaulting to Automatic Delayed Start...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service keeps defaulting to Automatic Delayed Start...: Running Windows 11 Pro 23H2, 22631.3155.I have moved house, and connected to new WiFi connection on a different router. My old setup was ethernet connection, on different router. Ever since, the title service keeps defaulting to Automatic Delayed Start in services.msc. I...
  3. Windows Media Player Causing High CPU Usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Media Player Causing High CPU Usage: Hello all. My new Lenovo laptop works fine so far, except for one issue. When I run WMP the CPU usage goes to 100%. It seems the culprit is a Windows Driver Foundation process. What can be done (if anything) to remedy this problem. Any insight or help would be greatly...
  4. Service Host: Network Service high CPU load

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Service Host: Network Service high CPU load: Hey friends, I notice in my task manager that 'Service Host: Network Service' is always using ~10% of my CPU load. When I expand it, 'Delivery Optimization' is running and if I stop this it nothing happens. Can anyone suggest why this requires such a high load and what I...
  5. Service Host: Network Service - High CPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Service Host: Network Service - High CPU: Is my 'Service Host: Network Service' out of order while asking 27+% CPU?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/service-host-network-service-high-cpu/5302eaba-a053-472d-9269-2a9a2c11bb6a
  6. Media Player Network Sharing Service

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Media Player Network Sharing Service: I am trying to turn on my media streaming. It's says it is not turned on. It's says to go to Windows services administrative tools. when I try to start the media player network service it says Windows could not start it on my computer. Error 1068: the service or group...
  7. Windows Media Sharing with Media Player

Windows Media Sharing with Media Player: Streaming video to wifi devices ok when finding through "folders" but can't see any video playlists. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-sharing-with-media-player/2ac15199-c59d-4038-89b7-386a784e8fab
  8. media sharing (Windows Media Player)

media sharing (Windows Media Player): I recently purchased a Smart TV, while l do watch content from an external there are occasions its kind of pointless to disconnect the drive for just one file, now l have no issues casting videos to the TV l was hoping for a little more control while in any kind of streaming...
  9. windows media player sharing service and home group

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows media player sharing service and home group: I would like to know why would windows media player sharing service and home group try to make unrequested changes to system ports in the antivirus program. with a unticked box that reads as follows: "option to send this port's activity information to another network PC...
  10. Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service: When I started the Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service, I had, for one brief moment, recognized and downloaded Windows Media Player Album Info for my music CD, then poof, it vanished. I have cleared out all temp files in C:\Users\???\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Media...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows media player network sharing service high cpu