Windows 10: High definition audio problem

Discus and support High definition audio problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi I have old Dell Latitude E4300 laptop (include Intel Mobile Intel 4 series express chipset family) with Windows 10. It has work fine, however last... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kari T.Sipilä, Aug 16, 2018.

1. High definition audio problem

Hi

I have old Dell Latitude E4300 laptop (include Intel Mobile Intel 4 series express chipset family) with Windows 10. It has work fine, however last summer I start to have a problem with audio and video. Both works but every two or three seonds video freeze for half a second and in audio there is a brrr -sound. It seems to me that Micsoft has update HDMI driver in August and that is reason for problem. Driver is date 3..8.2018 and has a version number 10.0.17134.228. It seems thet there is no rollback to this dirver.

Thanks

Kari

:)

Kari T.Sipilä, Aug 16, 2018
  2. Arun B J Win User

IDT High Definition Audio CODEC Not Working

Hi,

I realized your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to update the driver and check if the issue persist.

Follow the steps to Update the driver and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X key and click
      Device Manager.
    • Select IDT High Definition Audio CODEC on Device Manager.
    • Select the Driver tab.
    • Click on Update Driver.
    • Select the option “browse my computer for driver software”.
    • Select the option “let me pick up a list of device drivers on my computer”.
    • Select the High Definition Audio Device instead of IDT High Definition" And click next.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thanks and regards.

Arun B J, Aug 16, 2018
  3. Gene64 Win User
    IDT High Definition Audio CODEC Not Working

Taking those steps changed the devices in the playback (now they're "2- High Definition Audio Device" instead of "IDT High Definition Audio CODEC". But unfortunately, I still cannot
    hear anything, though it did fix my problem where my microphone would say "Currently unavailable".

Gene64, Aug 16, 2018
  4. Arun B J Win User

High definition audio problem

IDT - Audio Device - IDT High Definition Audio CODEC - Error 0x8007001f

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Select IDT High Definition Audio CODEC on Device Manager.

2. Select Driver tab.

3. Click Update Driver... button.

4. Select -> Browse my computer for driver software.

5. Select -> Let I pick up a list of device drivers on my computer.

6. Select HighDefinition Audio Device (Not IDT High Def... This is important.) And click next.

Appears Warning message, but reply Yes.

7. Windows has successfully update your driver software.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Aug 16, 2018
Thema:

High definition audio problem

1. High definition audio problem - Similar Threads - High definition audio

2. High definition audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    High definition audio: Hello everyone, I encountered such a problem that the Microsoft high-definition audio controller writes code 10, the requested operation was not completed. I reinstalled the driver, nothing helps....
  3. High definition audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High definition audio: Hello everyone, I encountered such a problem that the Microsoft high-definition audio controller writes code 10, the requested operation was not completed. I reinstalled the driver, nothing helps....
  4. High definition audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Realtek High Definition Audio Driver Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek High Definition Audio Driver Problem: Hi, I got a problem with the realtek audio driver.The software sometimes will not start at the start up, I cannot use my microphone.As I see when it don't start up, even the 5.1 Sound Around I cannot use, I can only use my television for sound.It even didn't have the driver...
  6. Realtek High Definition Audio Driver Problem

Realtek High Definition Audio Driver Problem: Hi, I got a problem with the realtek audio driver.The software sometimes will not start at the start up, I cannot use my microphone.As I see when it don't start up, even the 5.1 Sound Around I cannot use, I can only use my television for sound.It even didn't have the driver...
  7. A problem with my High Definition Audio Device

A problem with my High Definition Audio Device: For the last couple of weeks I've been having a problem with the audio and sound with my laptop. The audio started getting really low and bad. I couldn't hear anything. My microphone works perfect but the speaker seems to be the problem. I did a troubleshot and it said that...
  8. NVIDIA High Definition Audio problem

NVIDIA High Definition Audio problem: My desktop, HP Omen #870-119 have the driver problem in Device Manager and show with an exclamation mark on that line. I was going to uninstall NVIDIA High Definition Audio in Device Manager also I have the other driver, Realtek High Definition Audio too. The Realtek High...
  9. probleme with intel high definition audio

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    probleme with intel high definition audio: since last Windows update my son did not work! what shoud i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/probleme-with-intel-high-definition-audio/5f443b64-f1a3-4d83-afea-95ddd698c89d
  10. High Definition Audio Controller Driver Problem

High Definition Audio Controller Driver Problem: Dear Community, In my device manager i have two high definition audio controller driver. One of the audio controller driver is disabled automatically. I tried to enable it manually. If i restart the computer it disabled again. If i try to update the...