Windows 10: High Disk Usage

Discus and support High Disk Usage in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I am trying to figure out the cause of my extremely high disk usage. No matter what I do, the usage is anywhere from 80%-100%. I've stopped and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by hArLtRoN, May 11, 2016.

1. hArLtRoN Win User

High Disk Usage

I am trying to figure out the cause of my extremely high disk usage. No matter what I do, the usage is anywhere from 80%-100%.

I've stopped and disabled the Windows Search, along with Superfetch.

High Disk Usage [​IMG]

I've also tried disabling "Show me tips about Windows" and it hasn't worked either

High Disk Usage [​IMG]

Here is how Task Manager currently looks

High Disk Usage [​IMG]

Any ideas on how to get the usage back to a reasonable %? I've tried everything I could find and nothing will work. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

:)

hArLtRoN, May 11, 2016

2. "Service Host: Local System" taking up every bit of disk space it can get and slowing down my computer. How do I fix this?

100% Disk Usage Windows 10 Service Host, Service Host High CPU Usage, Service Host High Memory Usage, Service Host Local System High Disk Usage, Service Host Local System Network Restricted, Service Host Local System Windows 10, Windows 10 Service Host CPU,
    Wsappx High Disk Usage Windows 10.

See tutorial here:
    svchost.exe service host: local system (network restricted)

dedyprasetiyo724, May 11, 2016
  3. Javond Win User
    Windows 10 high disk usage

Interesting. My CPU usage is fine. It's the disk that's high.

Javond, May 11, 2016
  4. hArLtRoN Win User

High Disk Usage

Well...I ran a Windows Defender and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware scan(s). Malwarebytes found a couple pretty severe things and Defender didn't find anything; both ran full scans.

Also ran a diskcheck and it completed successfully. As of right now I am not having the 100% disk usage constantly. Windows Search and Superfetch are both still disabled, along with the notification mentioned in my first post.

hArLtRoN, May 11, 2016
Thema:

High Disk Usage

1. High Disk Usage - Similar Threads - High Disk Usage

2. high disk usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    high disk usage: I am facing high disk usage problems after upgrading to windows 11. PC health check said that my hardware is compatible and my hard drive has around 200 GB free space left on C drive....
  3. High Disk Usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High Disk Usage: Hello, I have a Dell Inspiron 15 3576 with the following build Intel core i3 7th Gen1TB Toshiba MQ01ABD100 HDD12 GB RAMI had two other issues regarding long startup time and high disk usage by SYSTEM process. They were solved with help from the Microsoft Community...
  4. high disk usage

high disk usage: well my laptop got 100% disk usage and i am seeing that moUSO Core worker process , System ,antimalware executive , windows module installer taking high usage https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-disk-usage/663b0bb2-048c-4373-9d90-c66cf6e6e36e
  5. High Disk Usage

High Disk Usage: My disk usage is 100% during startup making it unusable which settles down after like 5 mins. After it settles down and i open an application disk usage again skyrockets to 100% which settles down ultimately. I have tried every method online without any luck....
  6. High Disk Usage

High Disk Usage: The Disk usage is almost always 100%. I am unable to do work. Please help. I have windows 10 on Dell inspiron 5559. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-disk-usage/9f934320-7fb2-4015-b1ff-d75bb14a50cb
  7. High Disk Usage.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    High Disk Usage.: Today I installed the new windows 10 update for my Laptop which I wanted to do for a while, but when I opened Task Manager and go to Procceses, the disk usage is at 100% and the system is on top with 2-11 MB/s, how can I fix this problem? I have I5 8250u, AMD Radeon 530...
  8. High Disk Usage

High Disk Usage: hi, i am using windows 10 home, version 2004. i am having high disk usage problem for about a week. even when not using, it is 100%. But,in Task manager, under DISK column, there running "svchost", Tiworker, system. how can these 3 items cause 100% usage? btw, i ran chkdsk,...
  9. High Disk Usage

High Disk Usage: Hi, Every Mon. AM ( When I turn on the computer) my computer is very slow. When I check the Task Manager>Processes it is "System" which is causing the computer to barely work. The Disk usage is 49-50%. This lasts for 10-15 min. & then doesn't happen until the next week....
  10. high disk usage

high disk usage: I have a Toshiba laptop with windows 10. I have constantly 100% disc usage and frequently the laptop freezesup. Any suggetion would be great. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-disk-usage/b21692aa-d217-4d1f-9d4a-200b70ae8481