Windows 10: High DPC latency / Sound pops and clicks

Discus and support High DPC latency / Sound pops and clicks in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Heyho technical support,maybe You can help me. What i tried so far:- Update all drivers- deactivated non Microsoft related services msconfigs, services... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Patrick K1, Dec 11, 2023.

1. High DPC latency / Sound pops and clicks

Heyho technical support,maybe You can help me. What i tried so far:- Update all drivers- deactivated non Microsoft related services msconfigs, services and starts- bought a new soundcard- Updated Bios and changed CPU Power- and a lot more things i can't even rememberOnly thing that worked were my In Ear Bluetooth speaker. But the sound still comes a bit later like 0,3-1 second.Here's the Stats from LatencyMonitor:_________________________________________________________________________________________________________ CONCLUSION ________________________________________________________________

:)

Patrick K1, Dec 11, 2023

2. High DPC latency from acpi.sys causing audio clicks and pops

Hi thanks, yes I did go through all of those articles and have gone through their recommended actions in an attempt to resolve this (summarized in my list of things I've tried) as well as basic sound functionality as you mention. I have started several
    times from a clean Windows 10 install, with various builds tried. This is a more a more fundamental issue with the way that ACPI.sys impacts DPC latency on essentially all Windows notebooks. This impacts users of audio recording software, high-end gamers,
    and other users with latency-sensitive applications.

MatthewVilleneuve, Dec 11, 2023
  3. Callender Win User
    Callender, Dec 11, 2023
  4. syndiate Win User

High DPC latency / Sound pops and clicks

Windows 10: High DPC latency (ndis.sys)

Recently, my audio has been crackling and popping and glitching, and I wanted to see what the fuss was all about. I tried everything. Until I found out that my DPC latency was dangerously high. I ran it through the DPC Latency Checker and LatencyMon, and
    apparently the problem was "ndis.sys". I've literally tried EVERYTHING. Here's a list of what I've done to resolve this problem:

• Updating drivers
    • Changing the power plan
    • Disabling the dynamic ticking
    • Updating the graphics cards drivers
    • Disabling Firewall
    • Disabling IPv6
    • Uninstalling Bonjour
    • Disabling Energy Efficient Ethernet
    • Disabling/re-enabling drivers
    • Adding PerfLevelSrc, PowerMizerEnable, PowermizerLevel, and PowermizerLevelAC values to Registry Editor
    • Uninstalling antivirus software
    • Modifying the "Start" value in the Registry Editor's value to 4
    UPDATE: Recently, the DPC latency has declined, which is good, however it still sometimes has latency-spikes and I still don't have proper DPC latency.

COMPUTER SPECS:

Computer Model: Dell Inspiron 3668

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-7100 CPU @3.90 GhZ 3.91 GhZ

RAM: 8 GB

Graphics Driver: Intel(R) HD Graphics 630

Audio Driver: Realtek High Definition Audio

DPC latency (updated):

High DPC latency / Sound pops and clicks 6239bb93-1397-49f9-815d-6b930532b8f4?upload=true.png

syndiate, Dec 11, 2023
Thema:

High DPC latency / Sound pops and clicks

1. High DPC latency / Sound pops and clicks - Similar Threads - High DPC latency

2. High DPC latency / Sound pops and clicks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High DPC latency / Sound pops and clicks: Heyho technical support,maybe You can help me. What i tried so far:- Update all drivers- deactivated non Microsoft related services msconfigs, services and starts- bought a new soundcard- Updated Bios and changed CPU Power- and a lot more things i can't even rememberOnly...
  3. High DPC latency / Sound pops and clicks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High DPC latency / Sound pops and clicks: Heyho technical support,maybe You can help me. What i tried so far:- Update all drivers- deactivated non Microsoft related services msconfigs, services and starts- bought a new soundcard- Updated Bios and changed CPU Power- and a lot more things i can't even rememberOnly...
  4. High DPC latency causing audio pops

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High DPC latency causing audio pops: Since I bought my laptop I can hear random popping sounds while playing a Youtube video, it doesn't happen frequently so I decided to let it pass. Some days ago I decided to get to the root of the problem and I found it was due to a high DPC latency.I have updated my drivers...
  5. High DPC latency from acpi.sys causing audio clicks and pops

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    High DPC latency from acpi.sys causing audio clicks and pops: I have audio popping. All drivers and BIOS are latest. LatencyMon stats: _________________________________________________________________________________________________________ CONCLUSION...
  6. High DPC latency from acpi.sys causing audio clicks and pops

High DPC latency from acpi.sys causing audio clicks and pops: Has anyone found a definitive fix for this? I am encountering an issue with DPC latency causing clicking and popping when trying to record using multi-track audio software (in my case Presonus StudioOne, but exact same issue reported by countless others I've read on other...
  7. High DPC latency

in Windows 10 Customization
    High DPC latency: I use my Dell XPS for recording and live playback but the system suffers from high DPC latency caused by ACPI driver. I removed Dell audio drivers and installed those from RealTek with no avail. Latency is an issue because I need this computer for live recording. Please your...
  8. High DPC latency causing audio pops and clicks

High DPC latency causing audio pops and clicks: I recently installed some new hardware (CPU, motherboard and memory) and did a clean Windows 10 installation. Since then both my Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 and on-board sound device have been giving me trouble. I've tried various solutions mentioned in other threads about DPC...
  9. High DPC latency causing audio pops and clicks

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High DPC latency causing audio pops and clicks: I recently installed some new hardware (CPU, motherboard and memory) and did a clean Windows 10 installation. Since then both my Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 and on-board sound device have been giving me trouble. I've tried various solutions mentioned in other threads about DPC...
  10. high DPC latency and audio distortion (crackling and popping sounds)

high DPC latency and audio distortion (crackling and popping sounds): Hi guys, Yesterday evening I was watching some youtube videos when suddenly the sound cut out. I turned the volume back up only to find there was a loud staticky crackling pop as the only audio output. Audio output is fine on headphones. I have a Lenovo Yoga 920 (with...