High DPI scaling issue - even "properties" occurs blurry

Discus and support High DPI scaling issue - even "properties" occurs blurry in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I recently purchased a laptop running windows 10. It has the latest updates, and both scaling and resolution are set to windows recommended (150% and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by himanshusood, Aug 2, 2018.

1. himanshusood Win User

I recently purchased a laptop running windows 10. It has the latest updates, and both scaling and resolution are set to windows recommended (150% and 1920x1080), but still even windows' inherent popups are blurry (images are attached).
    Please guide me as to how to fix this issue

(the settings window is blurred)

High DPI scaling issue - even "properties" occurs blurry [​IMG]

(the system window is blurred)

High DPI scaling issue - even "properties" occurs blurry [​IMG]

:)

himanshusood, Aug 2, 2018
  2. Ian Ser Win User

Disable High DPI Automatic Scaling

Hello,

What we can suggest to resolve the issue with your DPI settings is by following the steps on this
    article. Please note that these are only workarounds. DPI Scaling issues can be very tricky as these
    can involve multiple PC configuration. You would need to report this on our
    Feedback Hub
    for our Engineers to be notified of the issue as stated on the article.

Update us if there are improvements.

Ian Ser, Aug 2, 2018
  3. Jennifer Bri Win User
    Regarding High DPI Scaling Behavior In Windows 10 (p)

Hi David,

High-DPI scaling improves the way Windows 10 handles automatic scaling per-monitor, which reduces the amount of blur or incorrect size for legacy apps. Here are the three scaling options:

• System (Enhanced) will make the text and interface look crispier and elements will be sized correctly. This new option will override the way that a particular app handles the DPI scaling, which can result in interface elements and text
      being blurry, and allows Windows 10 to take care of the scaling.
    • Application used to be referred as "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings." Using this option will force the app to run on a per-monitor DPI awareness.
    • When you enabled System, Windows 10 will stretch the interface, bitmap elements, and text will be blurry. This is the standard way Windows 10 handles scaling.

The new DPI scaling settings are only available for traditional desktop (GDI-based) apps. Windows Store apps cannot be configured with these options because they're already optimized for high pixel density displays.

Should you need additional information, do let us know.

Jennifer Bri, Aug 2, 2018
  4. PradipKhangembam Win User

Windows 10 High DPI Scaling problem

I have upgraded to windows 10 and also did a lot of research on the high DPI scaling problem, I have fixed the blurry text in applications by disabling the high dpi scaling but not able to fix this issue in device manager and photo viewer since they don't
    have an .exe file. It's a surprise that being a Microsoft's application this apps are DPI unware. I just would like to know if they have a plan to fix this. I faced the same problem when I upgraded from windows 8 to 8.1 but was fixed by a registration entries
    published by Microsoft which I found somewhere in the web. The registry name was
    Enable-High-DPI-Support.reg So, will there be any method to fix the dpi scaling issue in windows 10?

PradipKhangembam, Aug 2, 2018
Thema:

1. High DPI scaling issue - even "properties" occurs blurry - Similar Threads - High DPI scaling

2. Windows (10 and Server 2016) having issues with static IPs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows (10 and Server 2016) having issues with static IPs: I have repeatedly encountered a strange behavior on both Windows 10 and Server 2016. On systems with a static IP, after a reboot, sometime the adapter comes up with a self-assigned IPv4 address (169.254.x.x). When you check the adapter's properties, the static is still set,...
  3. Windows 10 update issues..

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update issues..: Sir, Do u realy care the customer problem due to update windows 10 ... There 1957 customer r suffered with the issue comes after updating windows... The descktop missing issue why Microsoft comes with better solutions.......
  4. Windows Mixed Reality Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mixed Reality Issues: Hello! I'm not sure how many other people have faced these issues, but I can't seem to narrow it down to a simple determination of "Hardware or Software issues," so here we go; I have the Acer Windows Mixed Reality headset, Zotac 1070ti 8gb, Intel i5 4690k, MSI B85M, 16gb...
  5. Battery not charging, even when plugged in.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery not charging, even when plugged in.: Hi! My HP laptop for the last two years won't charge. Originally I thought it was a simply faulty power cord. But after switching it out, my computer would still be plugged in, start charging, and then stop suddenly, only to start up again at a random time. I removed my...
  6. Shows a different file size when hovering as opposed to properties.

in Windows 10 Support
    Shows a different file size when hovering as opposed to properties.: This is an issue I just discovered. I have a folder on my desktop that is 10.8GB. It has many files and folders inside of it. When I hover my mouse over it, it shows the correct total size of the contents of the folder i.e. 10.8GB. However, if I right click the folder and go...
  7. Computer started to have issues following windows 10 update. Ran a test and found issues....

Computer started to have issues following windows 10 update. Ran a test and found issues....: My computer updated for an Adobe security update. After that update i started getting blue screens, stop code: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT and my everyday programs, like java, began running into issues with running code. So i decided to use Memory Diagnostic Tool. It came up with...
  8. Mouse w/o Borders Windows 10 issue - Cursor Disappearing behind menus

Mouse w/o Borders Windows 10 issue - Cursor Disappearing behind menus: Hello, So apparently this is a somewhat common issue with Windows 10 in general, and the fix for it if using a mouse connected to computer is to update the driver via Device Manager.. However, I'm wondering since it is remote, if the software driver may need an update? My...
  9. Defender 4.18.1807.18075 is massively broken. High CPU leaks.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender 4.18.1807.18075 is massively broken. High CPU leaks.: It's been broken since 1803 release, but 4.18.1807.18075 is a complete disaster. Locking PC right and left at almost any action. Massive CPU activity even while not scanning anything with no any I/O reads. There is a long thread on tenforums no word on the issue....
  10. Remote Desktop App File Copy Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop App File Copy Issue: Help, I have downloaded the new client on my mac mini desktop with High Sierra fully patched. I can connect to servers and share files between the systems with no problem. When I try to connect to a Win10 machine I can copy files and folders up to the Win10 system. I can...