Windows 10: High DPI scaling issue - even "properties" occurs blurry

Discus and support High DPI scaling issue - even "properties" occurs blurry in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I recently purchased a laptop running windows 10. It has the latest updates, and both scaling and resolution are set to windows recommended (150% and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by himanshusood, Aug 2, 2018.

1. High DPI scaling issue - even "properties" occurs blurry

I recently purchased a laptop running windows 10. It has the latest updates, and both scaling and resolution are set to windows recommended (150% and 1920x1080), but still even windows' inherent popups are blurry (images are attached).
    Please guide me as to how to fix this issue

(the settings window is blurred)

High DPI scaling issue - even "properties" occurs blurry [​IMG]

(the system window is blurred)

High DPI scaling issue - even "properties" occurs blurry [​IMG]

:)

himanshusood, Aug 2, 2018
  2. Ian Ser Win User

Disable High DPI Automatic Scaling

Hello,

What we can suggest to resolve the issue with your DPI settings is by following the steps on this
    article. Please note that these are only workarounds. DPI Scaling issues can be very tricky as these
    can involve multiple PC configuration. You would need to report this on our
    Feedback Hub
    for our Engineers to be notified of the issue as stated on the article.

Update us if there are improvements.

Ian Ser, Aug 2, 2018
  3. Regarding High DPI Scaling Behavior In Windows 10 (p)

Hi David,

High-DPI scaling improves the way Windows 10 handles automatic scaling per-monitor, which reduces the amount of blur or incorrect size for legacy apps. Here are the three scaling options:

• System (Enhanced) will make the text and interface look crispier and elements will be sized correctly. This new option will override the way that a particular app handles the DPI scaling, which can result in interface elements and text
      being blurry, and allows Windows 10 to take care of the scaling.
    • Application used to be referred as "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings." Using this option will force the app to run on a per-monitor DPI awareness.
    • When you enabled System, Windows 10 will stretch the interface, bitmap elements, and text will be blurry. This is the standard way Windows 10 handles scaling.

The new DPI scaling settings are only available for traditional desktop (GDI-based) apps. Windows Store apps cannot be configured with these options because they're already optimized for high pixel density displays.

Should you need additional information, do let us know.

Jennifer Bri, Aug 2, 2018
  4. High DPI scaling issue - even "properties" occurs blurry

Windows 10 High DPI Scaling problem

I have upgraded to windows 10 and also did a lot of research on the high DPI scaling problem, I have fixed the blurry text in applications by disabling the high dpi scaling but not able to fix this issue in device manager and photo viewer since they don't
    have an .exe file. It's a surprise that being a Microsoft's application this apps are DPI unware. I just would like to know if they have a plan to fix this. I faced the same problem when I upgraded from windows 8 to 8.1 but was fixed by a registration entries
    published by Microsoft which I found somewhere in the web. The registry name was
    Enable-High-DPI-Support.reg So, will there be any method to fix the dpi scaling issue in windows 10?

PradipKhangembam, Aug 2, 2018
Thema:

High DPI scaling issue - even "properties" occurs blurry

1. High DPI scaling issue - even "properties" occurs blurry - Similar Threads - High DPI scaling

2. How to fix Windows Scaling issues for High-DPI devices

in Windows 10 News
    How to fix Windows Scaling issues for High-DPI devices: DPI stands for Dots Per Inch. It is used to represent the screen or display resolution. You can know the DPI of your laptop screen or monitor in the Display settings. The Surface Pro display is among the high DPI displays. When you use such devices, like Surface Book, Surface...
  3. High DPI Scaling Issue with Power BI Desktop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    High DPI Scaling Issue with Power BI Desktop: I've started experiencing a high DPI scaling issue for the past two months with just one app on Windows 10 20H2, which ironically is developed by Microsoft: Power BI Desktop. I have HP Elitebook 840 G3 laptop connected to Eizo monitor with 2560x1440 resolution and 150%...
  4. High-DPI-awareness scaling factors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    High-DPI-awareness scaling factors: Hello, all Whan I check the value of GetSystemMetricsSM_CXSCREEN on a high-DPI device with Widnows 10, I see that the ratio between virtual and physical pixels is exactly two: GetSystemMetricsSM_CXSCREEN == 2736; // high-DPI-aware GetSystemMetricsSM_CXSCREEN == 1368;...
  5. Mass set High DPI scaling override

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mass set High DPI scaling override: [ATTACH] I just recently got a 1440p monitor, but the rest of mine are still on 1080p, and because of Windows scaling Issues I tried changing these settings. They do help, but it's annoying to do this for every application. Is there a way to mass change these settings for...
  6. Display scale, high dpi settings etc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Display scale, high dpi settings etc: Hi, i have a laptop with 3000x2000 screen resolution and a 1366x768 monitor, when i use the monitor some apps like Davinci resolve and inkscape show weird zoomed resolutions, does it have a way to plug and play my monitor withouth those resolution issues? using high dpi i...
  7. High DPI scaling issue - even "properties" occurs blurry

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    High DPI scaling issue - even "properties" occurs blurry: I recently purchased a laptop running windows 10. It has the latest updates, and both scaling and resolution are set to windows recommended (150% and 1920x1080), but still even windows' inherent popups are blurry (images are attached). Please guide me as to how to fix this...
  8. Multi monitor DPI scaling issue

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Multi monitor DPI scaling issue: Hi, I've got a 4K monitor and a 1920x1200 monitor hooked up but the current "solution" for separate DPI scaling seems flawed. If I set the 4K monitor as my main display and set it to 200% scaling with the 1920 display set to 100% what seems to happen is that windows...
  9. Disable dpi scaling for high Dpi for programs doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Disable dpi scaling for high Dpi for programs doesn't work.: Hi guys, i really hope that here someone can help me. I'm trying for 2 days to get windows 10 works corrrectly with dpi scaling but nothing. After installation everything is fine but after a while, and some programs installed, something goes wrong. I use rocketdock like dock...
  10. High DPI scaling

in Windows 10 Support
    High DPI scaling: Hey, I bought a 4k screen yesterday and I have this annoying issue with scaling. In 100% I can't see anything, so the solution is windows scaling. The issue is that a lot of programs doesn't work well with this method and makes the app almost unusable. Example:...