Windows 10: High end build, stuttering in every game

Discus and support High end build, stuttering in every game in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, this is my build: i5-6600k ASUS MAXIMUS RANGER VIII MSI GTX 1060 6G Samsung SSD 850 evo 250gb WD Caviar Blue 1TB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 DDR4... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by djanthony93, Aug 26, 2017.

1. High end build, stuttering in every game

Hello, this is my build:

• i5-6600k
    • ASUS MAXIMUS RANGER VIII
    • MSI GTX 1060 6G
    • Samsung SSD 850 evo 250gb
    • WD Caviar Blue 1TB
    • G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 DDR4 (XMP profile)
    • Dual monitor: Zowie XL2411 144hz + BenQ GW2260 60Hz
    I get stuttering in the following titles:

• Rocket League: every time a new player join a match the game freeze, also when V-Sync is on I get random lag from 144 to 130 and then the game continue to run smoothly.
    • GTA V: random stuttering Online and fps drops, V-Sync on.
    • PUBG: random stuttering, V-Sync off.
    • Rust: stuttering when loading chunks with fps drops.
    • Ark: as Rust.
    • Total War Warhammer: random stuttering in the strategic map, V-Sync on.
    What I've done till now:

• Tried every graphic settings.
    • All kind of Windows 10 optimizations like Performance mode, Xbox game mode off, disabled unnecessary services and tasks, no antivirus (Windows Defender on only).
    • Hard drive defragmentation.
    • Nvidia control panel optimizations for every game like Thread optimization, tried several v-sync modes, etc.
    • All drivers are updated.
    • No pending Windows updates.
    • Temps are fine, GPU and CPU never go above 65C.
    • Shadowplay overlay off.
    • Playing with one monitor at once.
    • Moved games from HDD to SSD.
    • Tried different version of GPU drivers.
    • Disabled the page on the HDD and fixed its size on the SSD with the reccommended value.
    • Memtest for both RAM stick at once (8 pass each no errors).
    What I've not tried yet is to reinstall the OS... benchmarks and performance in game are ok and in line with every other user... do you have any suggestions? Could it be network related? How can I analyze the stuttering?

PS: I'm testing with Latencymon and doing some screenshot of gpu and cpu usage

:)

djanthony93, Aug 26, 2017

2. Windows 10 audio stutter, delay issues

For what it's worth:

I've noticed via Task Manager that the stuttering happens when the Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation background service occasionally spikes very high on my CPU usage (AMD A10-5745m). For me this service typically hovers around <5% but, regardless of other
    resources available when this spikes up to 20% or more the stutter becomes unbearable. Ending this task and letting it restart itself has served as a fairly quick work around and, typically the stuttering does not come back until a program restart occurs (amazon
    music, games via steam, YouTube browser tab etc...)

KyleThomas83, Aug 26, 2017
  3. How to run Microsoft Edge with high-performance graphics processor?

The cache is fine and dandy. There's nothing wrong with Microsoft Edge and caching errors, if any.

It's just that Microsoft Edge doesn't have the option to run on high-end graphics processor. I cannot run intense browser games in Microsoft Edge without using high-end graphics processor, otherwise the game will stutter and slows down due to, which I'm
    guessing, rendering and updating states.

On Google Chrome, I'm able to do so, and the browser games run smoothly, and the input feedback has quick response times.

tom_mai78101, Aug 26, 2017
  4. High end build, stuttering in every game

It looks like you've tried everything I would have done, pretty thorough. But you might need expert help. If you ask me, a reinstall might be worth it, works wonders sometimes. If it won't take a lot of your time and effort then I would say go for it. By the time someone more experienced responds you would probably be done anyway.

AnonVendetta, Aug 26, 2017
  5. - PUBG GPU USAGE:

High end build, stuttering in every game [​IMG]

Voltage limit:

During those down spikes I get in game stuttering with no fps drops, the cpu never hit 100% usage.

- When a player joins a match in Rocket League the game freeze but there's not down spikes for GPU usage and I get fps drops. The CPU never hits 100% usage.

- This is a video showing how GTA V stuttering looks like, this is from an offline session with V-Sync On, when it occurs the fps drop:
    GTA V stuttering - YouTube

Timestamps are in the description

- Latencymon:

Stats result:
    Drivers:

CPU:

djanthony93, Aug 26, 2017
  6. To be perfectly honest the games you listen aren't exactly the best optimised games out there tbh, Think its more down to poor game optimisation more than anything

Devlin1888, Aug 27, 2017
  7. None of my friends are experiencing any stuttering with the game, even on low end builds

djanthony93, Aug 27, 2017
  8. High end build, stuttering in every game

@Devlin1888: I would beg to differ. GTAV is pretty well optimized on PC if you ask me, I run it at 4K with a stable FPS that approaches 60, with nearly all settings maxed. Runs smooth as butter, no lag. And that's without overclocking the CPU/GPU, and with no mods. Offline and online performance are roughly the same. Even on GTA4 I still get 90 to 100 FPS outside with everything maxed at 4K, with patch v1.0.4.0 and no mods, that game is a perfect example of a badly optimized PC port. I wouldn't exactly called a GTX 1080 a low end GPU, it's a bit better than what OP has. He really shouldn't be getting this kind of lag.

AnonVendetta, Aug 27, 2017
  9. I plat GTAV Online all the time & my specs are: FX6350, 2X8GB 1866Mhz DDR3 RAM & a GTX 1050 Ti.
    My bottleneck calculation is 3% only & GTAV works smooth with no stutter all the time.

My older setup was: FX4350, 2X8GB 1866Mhz DDR3 RAM & a XFX 380 & my bottleneck was 8% & my GTAV stuttered & crashed all the time & rockstar support could not help with any of its optimizing tips.

I used the Bottleneck calculator to look at your percentage & it says 8%.

So I think even though the bottleneck calculator says 8% is good & should work perfect I am not so sure as I would want my percentage to be under 5% bottleneck.

Of course don't quote me on this as my information may not be the cause.

Regards

RB

Update for you:

i7 4850 & GTX 1060 - will give you 1% Bottleneck, perfect for GTAV

RoadBlaster, Aug 27, 2017
  10. And then what's wrong with my build? How can I analyze which cause the stuttering in game?

11. I've got stuttering online on Rocket League, V-Sync off, when the fps drops the GPU usage spikes to ~0, CPU never hits 100% during a match and Latencymon reported the CPU throttling problem, before I updated Intel lan drivers

12. Keep testing with Latencymon:

EDIT: during Heaven benchmark:

the score is ok but during the benchmark there was a lag spikes with a GPU usage drop as well

13. High end build, stuttering in every game

You haven't said much about what your in game graphic settings are at. I don't know about the other games mentioned but GTA V has a huge selection of graphic details and one of those may be causing your occasional stuttering. A GTX 1060 6GB is a good GPU but it isn't designed to handle maxed settings perfectly. If it was Nvidia wouldn't be pleased re their 1070, 1080, 1080 TI sales.

I'm having a hard time understanding how your friends with lesser hardware aren't experiencing the occasional stutter you do. Are they using the EXACT same graphic settings and monitor resolution? I'd be testing with one monitor only, latest Nvidia drivers with a clean install and V Sync off. I'd run Geforce Experience and go with Nvidia's recommended settings for your hardware and GTA V. Look at all the different settings and what Nvidia is recommending for my hardware:

If there is stuttering with the GFE recommended settings I would lower them to say medium to see if the stuttering goes away. If the stuttering goes away based on say medium then you can up the settings to where you were and start reducing them one by one to see which feature is causing the issue.

Do you have Afterburner/RTSS installed? Sometimes looking at the OSD detail when the stutter occurs can give you a clue of what is happening. I just ran this video, driving, crashing around in GTA V.

[youtube]spdn5Df9h9U[/youtube]

I didn't experience any stuttering but the cause of an occasional in game stutter is hard to isolate. As Nvidia keeps updating new drivers for new game releases, sometimes older games suffer. But I would be looking to see if changing certain in game graphic settings eliminates the stutter.

specialkone, Aug 27, 2017
  14. I have already tried the optimized Nvidia settings and lowering them, the problem is still there. When I get those lag spikes the GPU usage will drop as well as fps. I also noticed that I have DPC latency cause by nvlddmkm.sys.
    Could the event viewer be helpful?

15. I've done another test: PUBG on very low, V-Sync off, when the lag spikes come the GPU clock will go down from 1900Mhz to 1500Mhz and then go back to 1900Mhz

Thema:

High end build, stuttering in every game

1. High end build, stuttering in every game - Similar Threads - High end build

2. massive fortnite stutters on high end custom gaming pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    massive fortnite stutters on high end custom gaming pc: hi i have a gaming pc and after installing my new rtx 3070 fortnite hasnt been running the same, it runs over 300 fps but then i get a massive 10-15 second stutter that is 2-15 fps randomly, i have downloaded the latest gpu driver and performed a clean installation and also...
  3. massive fortnite stutters on high end custom gaming pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    massive fortnite stutters on high end custom gaming pc: hi i have a gaming pc and after installing my new rtx 3070 fortnite hasnt been running the same, it runs over 300 fps but then i get a massive 10-15 second stutter that is 2-15 fps randomly, i have downloaded the latest gpu driver and performed a clean installation and also...
  4. Micro stutter on high end and mid pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Micro stutter on high end and mid pc: Hello, I have buyed new pc for a year and 2 or 3 months and I have been experiencing fps drop and stutters and it happens on all games I tried lowering resolution still same problem tried lowering graphics still same problem disabled HPET and dynamic ticks and that Microsoft...
  5. Micro stutter on high end and mid pc

Micro stutter on high end and mid pc: Hello, I have buyed new pc for a year and 2 or 3 months and I have been experiencing fps drop and stutters and it happens on all games I tried lowering resolution still same problem tried lowering graphics still same problem disabled HPET and dynamic ticks and that Microsoft...
  6. Micro stutter on high end and mid pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. FPS stutters in every game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FPS stutters in every game: I have rebooted my whole System/Windows completely and also completely formatted all my hard drives with [diskpart > clean all]. Now I noticed that I have random fps stutters in games. Such problems like that I never had before, everything ran super smooth. Does anyone have...
  8. FPS stutters in every game

FPS stutters in every game: I have rebooted my whole System/Windows completely and also completely formatted all my hard drives with [diskpart > clean all]. Now I noticed that I have random fps stutters in games. Such problems like that I never had before, everything ran super smooth. Does anyone have...
  9. Micro Stutter on high end system.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Micro Stutter on high end system.: Hi There,Thank you for your time and I hope you're safe and happy. I've had a problem with a micro-stutter for at least 6 months now. System info is attached. Not noted there is also an AMD Radeon RX580 8Gb DDR5 GPU. The computer is under warranty with DELL and every single...
  10. Is it really cheaper to build a high end gaming pc then to buy one?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is it really cheaper to build a high end gaming pc then to buy one?: Hi, on youtube i randomly found a video that a guy made saying that he built his gaming pc for much cheaper then buying a prebuilt one. So with that logic, i could theoretically build a $300 dollar pc, but if i baught one, it could be almost $1000 even though they have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. benq zowie xl2411 stutter or slow motion spikes