Windows 10: High End GPU Shortage???

Discus and support High End GPU Shortage??? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Whose to blame for the shortage in high-end GPUs? Is it these crypto miners or should part of the blame be placed on the manufacturers deliberately... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Runnerbean, Oct 28, 2017.

1. High End GPU Shortage???

Whose to blame for the shortage in high-end GPUs? Is it these crypto miners or should part of the blame be placed on the manufacturers deliberately keeping the demand up?

AMDs RX-480/580 cards are like gold dust and fly out the retail door before they've even been put on shelves and GTX-1070s/1080s at over inflated prices due to high demand.

I've just been reading that in Italy,..there is a shortage of high-end GPUs and even many retailers and online stores in Germany are suffering shortages too. In fact, it seems this is a Europe-wide problem with sellers experiencing problems obtaining high-end GPU stocks with waiting lists up to three months!

:)

Runnerbean, Oct 28, 2017
  2. blitzkid Win User

Which is better Nokia C5-03 or 500?

A GPU helps you render 2D and 3D games smoothly in your phone. It is like graphics card on a computer... When you have a GPU, it enables better rendering of high end games in your phone... A Nokia 500 has a 2D GPU with HW accelerated Open VG1.1 support...
    So as chanchan says Nokia 500 is way better than a C5-03...

blitzkid, Oct 28, 2017
  3. How can i enable My Nvidia GPU in Store Games like Modern Combat 5 on Windows 10

Whenever you run a high-end game on your
    laptop
    the graphic engine senses the environment of the device and automatically accelerates the GPU. So do not worry and play uninterrupted.

wwe wrestle, Oct 28, 2017
  4. High End GPU Shortage???

We have a fair share of problems here in the Philippines too. I already have the money to purchase an RX 580 but I had a thought to forget about it and use the money for other important things since I got bored of video games already.

RoasterMen, Oct 28, 2017
  5. vgchat Win User
    Interesting. I called up bestbuy today about a 580 and they said they had a limited stock in the store. When I got there, there were none on the shelves. Instead a employee said they have to keep the high end cards off of the store floor for theft purposes and that you have to ask for someone to get one from the back and walk you to a register.

Left with a XFX 580 (8gb) today though.

vgchat, Oct 29, 2017
  6. dwarfer66 Win User
    Pretty much the same story here in Australia too.

dwarfer66, Oct 29, 2017
  7. Plankton Win User
    I prefer to purchase my PC components online.......Newegg and Tigerdirect. 99% of the time it's a better deal.

Plankton, Oct 29, 2017
  8. vgchat Win User

High End GPU Shortage???

So do I sometimes but the topic here is about shortages & availability .

vgchat, Oct 29, 2017
  9. clam1952 Win User
    Doesn't appear to be any problems with UK suppliers at the moment, all seem to be saying in stock, of course that might only be a small number although one site is showing 10+ for most of the 1080s and 1080ti's.

clam1952, Oct 29, 2017
  10. CountMike New Member
    Bitcoin miners snap up all the top end cards specially since Bitcoin value shot up to thousands of $$$.

High End GPU Shortage??? [​IMG]

Processing...x
    High End GPU Shortage??? [​IMG]
    Processing...x

CountMike, Oct 31, 2017
  11. Whaaaaaatttt!!!! Crikey,...I thought people bought maybe a few or had a bank of ten but those pictures have really opened up my eyes.

I did learn recently that AMD are thinking about giving the miners their own GPUs. These cards won't have any kind of audio/visual OUT connections and will be cheaper than the Gamers cards.
    Well if they're cheaper, the miners will probably just buy more of them so depleting stocks and then they turn to the next thing which is of course, the cards that gamers use.

I saw a YouTube video where this guy had a bank of about ten high-end AMD GPUs (at the time), and he had built this frame made out of wood to hold them (it looked good actually), and he kept it working and fully functional in his garage. He was proud of the fact that he didn't need to use the fans on any of them during winter because it was that cold outside yet the GPUs still generated enough heat to keep them functional.

Runnerbean, Oct 31, 2017
  12. CountMike New Member
  13. MTDEW Win User

High End GPU Shortage???

Unfortunately These type of cards won't help unless they sell for significantly cheaper. *Sad
    Miners like to sell off their ex-mining cards to gamers when they are done with them to help offset the cost.
    And with the new mining cards having no AV outputs they will be unable to do that, making them less attractive due to a limited resell value on the used market.

MTDEW, Oct 31, 2017
  14. Runnerbean, Nov 1, 2017
  15. AddRAM Win User
    Can someone tell me what part a gpu plays in mining and why so many are need, I`d appreciate an explanation.

Thanks, Brian *Smile

AddRAM, Nov 1, 2017
Thema:

High End GPU Shortage???

1. High End GPU Shortage??? - Similar Threads - High End GPU

2. High GPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High GPU: I'm experiencing an issue where my games use 100% of the GPU in Task Manager causing the FPS to become stuck at 100-103 fps. The problem arises when I spend time outside games google, discord.., it doesnt happen when im in the game, for example I close a game and i use google...
  3. High GPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High GPU: I'm experiencing an issue where my games use 100% of the GPU in Task Manager causing the FPS to become stuck at 100-103 fps. The problem arises when I spend time outside games google, discord.., it doesnt happen when im in the game, for example I close a game and i use google...
  4. high gpu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    high gpu: I'm experiencing an issue where my games use 100% of the GPU in Task Manager causing the FPS to become stuck. The problem arises when I spend time outside games google, and the only solution seems to be restarting the computer. Any solution please?...
  5. high gpu

high gpu: I'm experiencing an issue where my games use 100% of the GPU in Task Manager causing the FPS to become stuck. The problem arises when I spend time outside games google, and the only solution seems to be restarting the computer. Any solution please?...
  6. Certain games not utilizing high end GPU even with no integrated graphics?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Certain games not utilizing high end GPU even with no integrated graphics?: Hi guys this has been stressing me out for a while now I would love any help at all.Only seems to be Call of Duty that doesn't utilize my GPU whereas in other games it does, running at 100% CPU and 0.1% GPU in CoD. Especially annoying as the new Modern Warfare 2 has just came...
  7. Certain games not utilizing high end GPU even with no integrated graphics?

Certain games not utilizing high end GPU even with no integrated graphics?: Hi guys this has been stressing me out for a while now I would love any help at all.Only seems to be Call of Duty that doesn't utilize my GPU whereas in other games it does, running at 100% CPU and 0.1% GPU in CoD. Especially annoying as the new Modern Warfare 2 has just came...
  8. shortage of memory

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    shortage of memory: my laptop bought from new 6 months ago and have added nothing to it by way of programmes yet I still keep getting notifications to update windows 10, when I try to follow online instructions I am informed that there is not enough space for the update to be completed. can...
  9. high end pc noob

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    high end pc noob: i have pentium 4 and when i buy i7 can place my pentium4 hard drive disc i think sata in the new one ? can i put 2 hdds ? and can they work together ? 115862
  10. high end pc noob

in Windows 10 Support
    high end pc noob: i have pentium 4 and when i buy i7 can place my pentium4 hard drive disc i think sata in the new one ? can i put 2 hdds ? and can they work together ? 115862