Windows 10: High Latency with 120gb ssd

Discus and support High Latency with 120gb ssd in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello I am having an issue with the ssd drive I installed windows 10 on. It is an ocz trion 150 120gb ssd and I am having audio pops and dropouts when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by myuser, Jun 24, 2017.

1. myuser Win User

High Latency with 120gb ssd

Hello I am having an issue with the ssd drive I installed windows 10 on. It is an ocz trion 150 120gb ssd and I am having audio pops and dropouts when playing youtube videos or some gaming. I ran latencymon and it says it has a high interrupt to process latency when the dropout occurs.

Windows 10 Home x64
    16gb ddr3 RAM
    Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070

I have also ran the benchmark in the ocz utility and it says the benchmark average latency is about 2500us.

Any ideas?

:)

myuser, Jun 24, 2017

2. Windows 10 reporting excessive disc use.

My PC is quite high spec (Haswell i5 + 16Gb ram on ASUS RoG Motherboard) and Windows 10 is on a 120Gb SSD.

The SSD says I have 10 Gb free.

I added up all the programs on the SSD and it comes to under 50Gb Including "Hidden files/folders")....

.. BUT the SSD reports that I have 10Gb free out of 120Gb.

So; accounting for the formatting difference.

How is it that I have Under 50Gb of SSD used, and over 100Gb shown as filled?

I NEVER had this problem under Windows 8.1 Pro.

And I have had no programs installed since.

I do have a separate (3,000Gb) Hard-Drive with other things on it.

I also do not appear to have a Windows.old file taking up space.

StinkingRegistrations, Jun 24, 2017
  3. Replacing 120GB SSD with 1 TB HDD

Please open the Disk Manager (diskmgmt.msc), then use snippingtool.exe to take a snapshot of the Disk Manager frame. Save the snapshot to your desktop, then attach it to your reply.

Frederik Long, Jun 24, 2017
  4. fireberd Win User

fireberd, Jun 24, 2017
  5. myuser Win User
    myuser, Jun 24, 2017
  6. fireberd Win User
    That is a Microsoft DirectX Graphics issue.

Do you have the latest Windows 10 upgrades (including Creators Upgrade) and latest NVIDIA video drivers?

fireberd, Jun 25, 2017
  7. myuser Win User
    Yes I am running windows 10 1703 and the nvidia driver 382.53. I also am noting that one of the times I started the latencymon analyzing the system froze for a second and the audio buzzed. When it unfroze a second later the nvidia driver went up to about 600us.

myuser, Jun 25, 2017
  8. fireberd Win User

The buzz when it "froze" is just a byproduct and not anything to do with audio.

The 600us was also probably because of the freeze.

What is the full spec's on your PC? e.g. Make/Model or if its a home built, the motherboard make/model. Any motherboard monitor/control programs such as the Gigabyte EZ Tune.

fireberd, Jun 25, 2017
  9. myuser Win User
    Alienware Aurora R3
    Alienware 046MHW Motherboard
    Windows 10 Home 1703 x64
    Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070 Founders Edition
    16GB ddr3 Ram 1600mhz
    OCZ Trion 150 120gb SSD + WD 1tb HDD

myuser, Jun 26, 2017
  10. fireberd Win User
    What internet access are you using? Wi-Fi or a wired connection? If its Wi-Fi that is a known cause.

Dell has a special forum for Alienware users. May want to post there too.
    Alienware Forum | Alienware community

fireberd, Jun 26, 2017
  11. myuser Win User
    Wired connection. It is using a Realtek RTL81XX Integrated LAN that is built into the motherboard.

myuser, Jun 26, 2017
  12. fireberd Win User
    Looking back at your original post, I assume from what you posted that it worked OK before you installed the new SSD. I would go back and check all the cabling and connectors in case something was accidentally moved during the installation.

fireberd, Jun 26, 2017
  13. myuser Win User

I have checked the sata cable and the sata power cables and both are all the way in. Something to also note when I installed the ssd I continued to use windows 10 on the hdd and don't recall having issues with the audio. Not sure if related but when a windows 10 notification sound is playing, there is a pop sound at the start of the notification sound. I read online maybe it is caused by the realtek sound drivers?

myuser, Jun 26, 2017
  14. fireberd Win User
    fireberd, Jun 27, 2017
  15. myuser Win User
    You may be right I tried disabling realtek onboard audio and disabling some other devices and none of them stopped the popping at the start of a sound. I am pretty sure at this point it is the nvidia drivers causing this. Also I updated the realtek ethernet driver and downgraded the nvidia driver to 378.92 and ran the ssd benchmark again and the average latency was 450us and not 2500us like before. Do you think the realtek driver update fixed the issue?

myuser, Jun 28, 2017
Thema:

1. High Latency with 120gb ssd - Similar Threads - High Latency 120gb

2. storport.sys high latency

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    storport.sys high latency: Hello, i bought new hardware and since then i have some freezes micro lags and found out that the storport.sys is making it difficult for me to handle itMy SpecsMSI B550 TomahawkG.Skill Trident Z RGB F4-4000C18D 32GB 2x16 Ryzen 7 5800x 8 CoreSamsung 980 NVMe M.2 1 TB PCIeRTX...
  3. High latency issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High latency issues: Hi I’m getting extreme DCP latency, audio pop, crackle, distortion, frame drops, out of sync issues. I need to fix this ASAP for an animation music production project for my client. I’ve had this issue on and off for years with windows 10. Usually a rollback or fresh install...
  4. 120GB SSD retrofit data restore?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    120GB SSD retrofit data restore?: I have now bought a 120GB SSD for a PC and would like to reinstall Windows 10 on it. In the PC is already a 2TB full hard disk with Windows 10 and I would like to upgrade the SSD. I know that cloning is not possible, so what do I have to consider if I want to upgrade the...
  5. Cloning 120gb SSD -> 250gb SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cloning 120gb SSD -> 250gb SSD: I'm upgrading my old 120gb SSD to a new one that's 250gb, and while I'm no stranger to cloning a disk, I've never cloned a disk to a larger disk size. I'm using the program Macrium Reflect, just for reference. If I make an image of my current 120gb SSD and apply it to the...
  6. High Latency storport.sys.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    High Latency storport.sys.: Good evening, I am writing to you since it is since I assembled the PC that I am aware of latencies at the audio level or mini freeze during the basic processes such as program installation. I started to test everything and I saw with LatencyMon and CrystalDisk Mark that the...
  7. High DPC Latency

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High DPC Latency: Hi everyone! Lately, I've been facing such a high DPC latency and it's annoying so much. I'm currently using an Inspiron 14 5458 with Windows 1909. Drivers are all updated I used latencymon to check what was wrong and I see something wrong with ACPI.sys and ndis.sys. I...
  8. High DPC latency

in Windows 10 Customization
    High DPC latency: I use my Dell XPS for recording and live playback but the system suffers from high DPC latency caused by ACPI driver. I removed Dell audio drivers and installed those from RealTek with no avail. Latency is an issue because I need this computer for live recording. Please your...
  9. High latency

High latency: ***Here’s a tuff problem for you guys here i ask only advance to help please*** Hi when i installed my new 500gb hdd my computer never boot the os but recognized the hdd in bios. So i went and tried a new cpu and it worked on there so i figured let me try to buy another...
  10. DPC latency tests. High latency?

DPC latency tests. High latency?: Hello *Smile I have done some latency tests on my computer after I began to get some audio popping in my headphones. I have had this problem for a few months now. I cant seem to understand if my results are okay or not, which is why Im asking you. No games was running while...