Windows 10: High Memory Usage/ Low Memory Popup on Win10 8gb Laptop

Discus and support High Memory Usage/ Low Memory Popup on Win10 8gb Laptop in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; It seems that I've been getting low memory issues ever since upgrading to Win10, but I'm not 100% certain if thats the issue. I thought about uprading... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by svader55, Mar 14, 2016.

1. svader55 Win User

High Memory Usage/ Low Memory Popup on Win10 8gb Laptop

It seems that I've been getting low memory issues ever since upgrading to Win10, but I'm not 100% certain if thats the issue. I thought about uprading to 16gb ram, but I'd like to know if theres some other fix for this. I can't multitask as I used to be able to. Sometimes problems occur just running 8 tabs on chrome and a game(Blade and Soul). The numbers just don't seem to add up.

Specs:
    Imgur

Task Manager:
    Imgur
    Imgur
    Imgur

:)

svader55, Mar 14, 2016

2. Very high Memory and disc usage in Windows 10

After upgrading to windows 10 a month ago ,my laptop has become very slow due to high memory and disc usage. Very often low memory warning is displayed and then the system runs into black screen. Sometimes the system comes back to normal but most of the
    times it doesn't. Checking my task manager I found out that system and service host local system are using chunk of the memory which is sometimes as high as 2GB combined. How do I solve this problem?

SouravDutta394, Mar 14, 2016
  3. khhc Win User
    High Memory Usage

Dear All,

I always have High Memory Usage on my laptop as it is idling.

Please advise on how do I troubleshoot the high memory usage in order to resolve it?

Please advise whether I should be getting more RAM instead?

4. High Memory Usage/ Low Memory Popup on Win10 8gb Laptop

Hello svader55 Welcome to the Ten Forums!

On the first impression I would have to suspect the problem is with the upgrade itself where you might end needing to see a Clean Install of 10. First however you can try a few things out to see if this is only a minor glitch. On an older 7 model by HP the upgrade seen last summer was a disaster waiting to happen which I had enticipated and saw an immediate clean install to follow! Of after going from the 32bit 7 Home Premium to 10 Home x86 I subsequently changed that with a second fresh install the 64bit Windows.

The initial tool would be the System File Checker you would run from the Command prompt(admin) option when right clicking on the Start button. You simply scroll down to that option to see the new window open up. At the dos like prompt you then simply type in "sfc /scannow" and press enter to get the tool underway.

The tool will then scan all the important system files and if finding one or more corrupt or missing will often be able to replace them but not all unfortunately from cab files tucked away on the local drive. With previous versions the rec for having the Windows dvd in the driver was made in case the SFC had to extract something from the Windows media there if the problem was more involved. This is why the suggestion for the possible need to see a fresh clean install of 10 is being made here.

Unfortunately buggy upgrades are all too common regardless of which version is being upgraded over. But you likely saw the option for 10 in the 10 app? or in the Windows Updates perhaps? if not seeing 10 downloaded separately. The appearance from the images you provided suggests the problem is the memory being mapped out to hardwares while that first item being a 32bit app taking upto almost 1tb seems a bit high.

Night Hawk, Mar 14, 2016
Thema:

High Memory Usage/ Low Memory Popup on Win10 8gb Laptop

1. High Memory Usage/ Low Memory Popup on Win10 8gb Laptop - Similar Threads - High Memory Usage

2. High Memory Usage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    High Memory Usage: i have 8gb ram and when i open csgo it only uses 894MB, but my memory usage shows 69%. is it normal or there is a virus on my pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-memory-usage/c7a2658b-44de-449c-b2e9-21c40f0648b8
  3. High Memory usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High Memory usage: I've been trying to look around the various questions that have popped up about the higher memory usage knowledge bases, the trouble is it's a hidden process, I use chrome allot which does reach around 2-4gb out of the 32gb I have, however the rest of the memory processes do...
  4. High memory usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High memory usage: Hello im JakeTheMicrosoftuser,And i want to reduce my ram usage it always go to 96% of usage everytime i do normal doings like playing,using edge,idk why but it doesnt look like normal cause edge doesnt use a lot of much back then.....
  5. high memory usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    high memory usage: my win 10 laptop is having 1 tb hdd i3 processor 4 gb ram and it is just 6 months old but still it always have 70 % of memory filled how do i fix that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-memory-usage/a41d323d-8ce1-4576-9263-1463e9ab38c9
  6. High memory usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    High memory usage: [ATTACH] Hi guys, does anyone know why my RAM usage is that high? It should be around 5-10% usage, but there's not. https://preview.redd.it/gnzfceilfoa61.png?width=825&format=png&auto=webp&s=369518cf957cbd3592609378046ed41a69b3b0cc...
  7. High memory usage

High memory usage: Since a while now my computer's fan (I cleaned them recently) are doing a lot of noise and about 4,5 GB just diseappear into nothingness. It count as used but doesn't appear on the task manager. I tried restarting my computer multiple times and uninstalled everything yet...
  8. High memory usage

High memory usage: Apparently this is also using memory in my graphics card because I get a message in games even on very low graphics that I'm using more than my graphics card's available memory. I've got 16GB Ram and Nvidia 1050 Ti so this shouldn't be a problem. https://imgur.com/a/zQtlWqM...
  9. High Memory Usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    High Memory Usage: Hello, I have a question. The system process (ntoskrnl.exe) using excessive amount of RAM. So, how do I fix that? Thanks 15809
  10. received a "low memory" popup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    received a "low memory" popup: was listening to live radio app and at same time was doing gfx on paint.net when I received an alert that memory is low. as you can see here, the paging file...does it look ok? or can I increase it? and which part can I tweak ? [img] 64834