Windows 10: High Memory Usage (up to 95%) as Compressed, Slows Computer

Discus and support High Memory Usage (up to 95%) as Compressed, Slows Computer in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have 16 Gb of ram. Over the course of a couple weeks, the usage as compressed memory builds up to about 95%, at which point programs begin responding... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Bailey Monson, Sep 14, 2016.

1. High Memory Usage (up to 95%) as Compressed, Slows Computer

I have 16 Gb of ram. Over the course of a couple weeks, the usage as compressed memory builds up to about 95%, at which point programs begin responding slower and my mouse seems to drop frames. Image below.

I've tried disabling superfetch, which i heard may have been causing the compressed memory. I'm aware that its supposed to be a performance enhancer, but i felt as though removing it would be easier. However, even when i disabled superfetch, it continued to compress memory. Sometimes when I restart the computer it would remove all of the compressed memory, but usually it doesnt and it builds up to 95% if i dont do anything about it.

In addition, it does not show up under the list of tasks. I remember it used to be shown under something called "system and compressed memory" but now it just says "system", and that "system" says its only using 0.1mb.

If someone knows how to completely remove this so called performance enhancing "feature", or a way of fixing this issue, I would greatly appreciate it.

:)

Bailey Monson, Sep 14, 2016

2. System and compressed memory (ntoskrnl.exe) Problem

I am also having the same problem in my Lenovo B560. System and compressed memory (ntoskrnl.exe) has already covered 30-50% of CPU and Memory on my laptop. Whenever I am any application like Cortana or Edge, the CPU usage increases to 90-95% and then even
    the movement of pointer slows down and everything hangs up. What is System and compressed memory (ntoskrnl.exe), may I end its functioning?

Kunal Khandelwal, Sep 14, 2016
  3. DenetteBoyd-King, Sep 14, 2016
  4. lx07 Win User

High Memory Usage (up to 95%) as Compressed, Slows Computer

Memory compression isn't your problem - it is your non-paged pool. This is 14.2 GB where normally be a few hundred MB (and generally less than paged pool). Memory allocated in non-paged pool can not be used by anything else. This problem is normally is due to a memory leak in a device driver. This would explain why rebooting temporarily clears it..

It isn't easy to identify which driver (I don't know how anyway) but Killer Network Manager software often causes a problem if you have that.

5. EdTittel Win User
    There's a sourceforge tool available for this purpose called "Windows Leaks Detector." Might be worth checking out!
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

High Memory Usage (up to 95%) as Compressed, Slows Computer

1. High Memory Usage (up to 95%) as Compressed, Slows Computer - Similar Threads - High Memory Usage

2. high memory usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    high memory usage: my win 10 laptop is having 1 tb hdd i3 processor 4 gb ram and it is just 6 months old but still it always have 70 % of memory filled how do i fix that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-memory-usage/a41d323d-8ce1-4576-9263-1463e9ab38c9
  3. 95% Memory usage all the time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    95% Memory usage all the time: Hi. Lately I've noticed my machine is using 95ish percent of its physical memory pretty much at all times. I have 16.0 GB of RAM, so 95% usage is a lot. When I look at the "Processes" tab in Task Manager and sort by memory usage, I see the usual suspects (Chrome, Discord,...
  4. Idle memory usage 95%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Idle memory usage 95%: I dont think that it is normal to idle 16gb of ram 3200Mhz DDR4 at full capacity. How do i fix it? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/idle-memory-usage-95/887ee837-5ca9-472b-872d-def923597371
  5. High memory usage

High memory usage: Since a while now my computer's fan (I cleaned them recently) are doing a lot of noise and about 4,5 GB just diseappear into nothingness. It count as used but doesn't appear on the task manager. I tried restarting my computer multiple times and uninstalled everything yet...
  6. High memory usage

High memory usage: Apparently this is also using memory in my graphics card because I get a message in games even on very low graphics that I'm using more than my graphics card's available memory. I've got 16GB Ram and Nvidia 1050 Ti so this shouldn't be a problem. https://imgur.com/a/zQtlWqM...
  7. System and compressed memory high disk usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System and compressed memory high disk usage: Hi everyone. I am currently having issues trying to diagnose the system and compressed memory bug that causes slow disk operations. I am running a computer that I have built myself. i5 6600k, 16 GB of RAM, 2 SSD and 1 HDD. The slow operations only happen on the HDD. I can...
  8. System and compressed memory high CPU usage

System and compressed memory high CPU usage: Hi, recently the process called System and compressed memory started acting up, when I'm browsing demanding sites CPU usage spikes to 20%-40% causing my sounds to get crackles and freeze for a split second. It's extremely annoying and was not happening before. It started this...
  9. System and Compressed Memory (High memory usage)

System and Compressed Memory (High memory usage): Hello there, I am here today as I have had a problem with System and Compressed Memory since I installed Windows 10 back in December of 2015. Now keep in mind, this isn't a normal issue, as I have yet to actually find anything in regards to what to do to fix this. (I have...
  10. High CPU usage - System and Compressed Memory

High CPU usage - System and Compressed Memory: Hello everyone , well, for a while I 'm having problems with locking while I surf the internet after five minutes browsing the facebook the browser begins to catch and is impossible to do anything , I noticed that this occurs when the system and compressed memory reaches 15%...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 95% of ram used

2. windows 10 95% memory for no reason