Windows 10: High performance: PC sleep - never

Discus and support High performance: PC sleep - never in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I am unable to get my display to turn off per the settings I have in Windows 10. Setting now are: High performance PC sleep - never Screen saver - 7... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by BoomerM3, Jun 18, 2018.

1. BoomerM3 Win User

High performance: PC sleep - never

I am unable to get my display to turn off per the settings I have in Windows 10.
    Setting now are:
    High performance
    PC sleep - never
    Screen saver - 7 minutes
    Turn off display - 20 minutes

Is there some factor that causes the display to stay on?

:)

BoomerM3, Jun 18, 2018

2. Sleep

Hi,

This may happen due to its power plan. A power plan is a collection of hardware and system settings that manages how computers use and conserve power. For this, we suggest that you reset and restore power plans to its default. kindly follow these steps:

• Open the Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste the command below into the command prompt, and press
      Enter
      :
      • powercfg -restoredefaultschemes
    • Close the Command Prompt window, and then restart your PC to apply the changes.

After that, go to Power & sleep settings
    by typing it into the Windows Search. Check the When plugged in, PC goes to sleep after
    settings is set to Never.

Let us know if the steps above helped you to resolve the issue.

Janeane Cru, Jun 19, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    Power options missing High Performance option

The command should be: powercfg /list

Well, it looks like this below was reported to work, but it will remove "Sleep" with CsEnabled set to 0.

*Arrow Missing power options Solved - Windows 10 Forums

Leaving the slider at "Best Performance" would be the same as using High Performance though.

Brink, Jun 19, 2018
  4. High performance: PC sleep - never

windows 10 PC will not go to sleep and the screen saver will not work, just after latest windows 10 update

Ran troubleshooter, set power plan to balanced instead of high performance, also changed time delay to shorter period of time to enter screen saver mode, also sleep mode. I'll try these recommended settings and see how well they do. Thank you very much.

Have a good day Jefferson Ore.

Granville Graves

GranvilleGraves, Jun 19, 2018
Thema:

High performance: PC sleep - never

1. High performance: PC sleep - never - Similar Threads - High performance sleep

2. High Performance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High Performance: Currently with a laptop with a Intel R CeleronR N4020 CPU@1.10GHz , 4GB Memory , 118 GB storage , IntelR UHD Graphics 600 Windows 10 HP Laptop 14s-dq0xxxIs it safe to use the High Performance power plan without reducing battery life if so can you tell me how? Please reply at...
  3. High Performance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High Performance: Currently with a laptop with a Intel R CeleronR N4020 CPU@1.10GHz , 4GB Memory , 118 GB storage , IntelR UHD Graphics 600 Windows 10 HP Laptop 14s-dq0xxxIs it safe to use the High Performance power plan without reducing battery life if so can you tell me how? Please reply at...
  4. High Performance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. PC is going to sleep despite power settings being set as Never/Never

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC is going to sleep despite power settings being set as Never/Never: My PC is going to sleep despite power settings being set as Never/Never How can I tell what is causing the sleep and after how long? What could be causing this? 179941
  6. will high performance mode harm my pc?

will high performance mode harm my pc?: so I found a graphics settings and I can pick games using the browse feature to select games. I want to try putting it to high performance mode but I'm afraid it will hurt my pc or even break it. is it safe? my pc gets very hot since it is a slim pc and I don't know if high...
  7. High performance mide

in Windows 10 Customization
    High performance mide: Hello I recently got a PC that has ryzen 7 3700x and rx 5700 rt and I was wondering if high performance mode would kill my pc slowly or is it safe https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-performance-mide/62c7cec4-f1da-44b0-9321-e88ebdc274a0
  8. PC never wakes after going to sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC never wakes after going to sleep mode: HI , I am using HP CC 129Tx with win 10 1909 Issue 1 : if i leave my PC for like 10 min the screen gets blacked turned off . then I have to force shut down it to use it again as striking the keys and moving the cursor is not helping me . it's like unresponsive . 2 : if...
  9. high performance

high performance: how to select high performance power plan https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-performance/15561401-2750-4e63-9604-aad95128af13
  10. "Cortana never sleeps"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Cortana never sleeps": I have Win 10 build 10147 and one of the things that's run amok is Cortana just pops up her head and says something like "somethings wrong please try again later". I am AFK watching TV when it happens. Nothing is running, that I can see. Its getting more frequent so I am...