Windows 10: High Ping while running speed test on Firefox

Discus and support High Ping while running speed test on Firefox in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hey Guys, Can anyone else confirm this for me. Firefox updated to version 40 recently and ever since when I run a speedtest I get a very high Ping.... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by RaviR, Aug 12, 2015.

1. RaviR Win User

High Ping while running speed test on Firefox

Hey Guys,

Can anyone else confirm this for me. Firefox updated to version 40 recently and ever since when I run a speedtest I get a very high Ping. I went from 10-15ms to over 150ms testing my local ISP servers. My download and upload speeds are fine. When I try Chrome or Edge I get my normal ping. Any ideas as to why this is happening?

PS I really like Firefox *Redface

Regards

:)

RaviR, Aug 12, 2015
  2. Scr3w1912 Win User

Bind specific Apps to specific network interface

Hello, I have 2 network interfaces, one is a slow unmetered low-speed/high-ping and the other one is a high-speed/low-ping metered connection. I would like to know if it's possible to set some apps to use only the low speed network interface and other apps
    (like online-games) to use only the high speed connection.

Thanks

Scr3w1912, Aug 12, 2015
  3. weird problems with win 10

Hello Jimmy,

It looks like you're currently facing latency issues here. Based on your description, we suspect that there might be some network configuration issues on your end. Have you run a speed test already? If you haven't, please do so.

Your speed test results should show us at least 60% of what your service provider promised. When you run a speed test and the ping is too high - it's a bad sign. You may also try to do some pinging of the websites you normally visit and let us know the results.
    Do a speed test both wired and wireless and compare the results.

In addition, to guide you on how to troubleshoot issues within your network, we highly recommend you carefully review this Microsoft article:
    Fix network connection issues in Windows 10

Give it a try and keep us informed about the outcome.

Edjay Rust, Aug 12, 2015
  4. RaviR Win User

Since nobody else wanted to test I tried it on my laptop and other desktop. Firefox 40 does give a bad reading with SpeedTest. Just some information if anyone else is getting similar results and thinks it's your ISP.

RaviR, Aug 13, 2015
Thema:

1. High Ping while running speed test on Firefox - Similar Threads - High Ping while

2. High ping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High ping: So i am i canada and i am playing fortnite with my friend who lives in australia and my internet is very bad only when playing with my friend but normally its good and when i wasin canada my ping was good....
  3. High ping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High ping: So i am i canada and i am playing fortnite with my friend who lives in australia and my internet is very bad only when playing with my friend but normally its good and when i wasin canada my ping was good....
  4. High ping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High ping: I was having an issue with high ping numbers with AT&T DSL. I was supposed to be getting up to 12Mbps, but wasn't getting anywhere near that consistently. Sometimes it would be less than 1Mbps, other times working within it's range. I switched to a new internet provider and...
  5. High ping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High ping: I was having an issue with high ping numbers with AT&T DSL. I was supposed to be getting up to 12Mbps, but wasn't getting anywhere near that consistently. Sometimes it would be less than 1Mbps, other times working within it's range. I switched to a new internet provider and...
  6. High ping

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Inconsistent WiFi speed - drops, high ping

Inconsistent WiFi speed - drops, high ping: Hi, I've recently gotten a new laptop and I noticed that my WiFi speed is very inconsistent. Basically, I'm downloading something at 600kBps and then it drops to 300, goes back up, drops again and keeps doing this all the time. Similarly, I have a huge problem with...
  8. Windows 10 slow WiFi speed, high ping in games

Windows 10 slow WiFi speed, high ping in games: Hello, I have been having extremely high ping in online games like BF1 and Titanfall 2 (>500 with spikes to over 1000, pretty much unplayable), and slow WiFi speeds. I have already updated my wireless drivers and disabled location and automatic updates. Speedtest.net shows...
  9. OOKLA speed tests totally different on IE and Firefox !!!

OOKLA speed tests totally different on IE and Firefox !!!: Hi there on IE I get a MUCH faster result from OOKLA than with Firefox -- same server for test. Seems a lot of work is done by Firefox in loading ads or whatever which undoubtedly effects the results. Anybody else notice speed difference using SAME server but with...
  10. Win speed test different from Speed test.

Win speed test different from Speed test.: My laptop, a Dell Studio 1535 running WIN 10, is ethernet connected to my Century Link 1000A modem/router, When I run the speed test, on the laptop, provided by windows it displays 5.?? mbit upload and a 5.?? download. When I run SpeedTest I get a 5.?? upload and a 47 mbit...