Windows 10: High RAM usage, and another issue

Discus and support High RAM usage, and another issue in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; So computer is feeling kinda laggy, decided to see what the cpu/memory usage was, I have 8GB of RAM (2x 4gb sticks) and it shows I'm at 77%, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by NevaMO, Aug 10, 2015.

1. NevaMO Win User

High RAM usage, and another issue

So computer is feeling kinda laggy, decided to see what the cpu/memory usage was, I have 8GB of RAM (2x 4gb sticks) and it shows I'm at 77%, the highest usage is Firefox showing 36.5% mem usage, but if I change that value to 'value', it shows 534.6 MB of usage......ram usage should be less than 7%?????

also why can you not click and drag files into folders now? When I download new programs, I like to put them in their own individual folder so I know what the .exe is because some of the time, the file makes no sense as to what the program actually is....

:)

NevaMO, Aug 10, 2015
  2. Rohn007 Win User

My disk Usage is most of the time 100% which leads to lagging of my Laptop

Here are several articles that provide various suggestions for this problem:

2018 01 04- TOP 10 WAYS TO FIX HIGH CPU/RAM/MEMORY USAGE AFTER WINDOWS 10 UPDATE–

https://www.drivethelife.com/windows-10/fix-hig...

Many users reported that RAM and CPU usage went up after installing Windows 10. The detailed situations of this Windows 10 high RAM/CPU memory usage issue are like that

. 1 Registry Hack

. 2 Utility to fix Driver issue

. 3 Manual fix for Driver Issue

. 4 Adjust Performance settings

. 5 Check Task Manager for RAM use

. 6 Disable unneeded Programs at startup

. 7 Defrag HD

. 8 Close apps

. 9 Virus scan system

. 10 Restart Computer

2018 01 04- 6 WAYS TO FIX WINDOWS 10 HIGH CPU USAGE AFTER CU OR FCU

https://www.drivethelife.com/windows-10/windows...

Method 1. Disable Superfetch Service

Method 2. Registry Hack

Method 3. Disable Startup Programs

Method 4. Update Drivers for Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

As we mentioned above, the drivers can be outdated or faulty after Windows 10 Creators Update which leads to the computer issues like , black screen or and high CPU usage.

Method 5. Disable Windows Search Service

Method 6. Scan for Possible Viruses and Malware

READ MORE – SEVERAL LINKS FOR 100% HIGH CPU / RAM / FAN

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/stop-whats-rev...

Top 10 Ways to Fix High CPU/RAM/Memory Usage after Windows 10 Update

Fix Windows 10 High Memory Usage/Leak after the Creators Update

Fix WMI Provider Host High CPU Usage after Windows 10 Creators Update
    https://www.drivethelife.com/windows-10/wmi-pro...

Fix Computer Fan Noise Due to High CPU Usage on Windows 10
    https://www.drivethelife.com/windows-10/fix-com...

Rohn007, Aug 10, 2015
  3. High Ram usage

This is not necessarily a problem. Any RAM that is unused is wasted RAM. Any data or programs loaded into RAM will tend to stay there to be available if required again. This RAM can be reused if needed.

A problem only occurs if you run out of RAM, and 8GB is plenty for home use.

Alan Russell, Aug 10, 2015
  4. LMiller7 Win User

Post a screenshot of Task manager, Performance tab, showing memory information.

LMiller7, Aug 10, 2015
  5. Drag and drop works just fine in Win 10, if not on your system something's not right (obviously the case with the mem issue). Have you considered a clean install?

fracking4oil, Aug 10, 2015
  6. NevaMO Win User
    Imgur

NevaMO, Aug 10, 2015
  7. LMiller7 Win User
    The problem is the Non Paged pool usage which at 3.3 GB is many times a reasonable value. This is most likely a driver problem. Sorry I can't help further with that.

It is best to post screenshots on the forum as many members will not go off site to view them.

LMiller7, Aug 11, 2015
  8. Mystere Win User

Indeed, this is almost always a non-paged pool issue. Typically that means a device driver is leaking memory. It can be hard to figure out which one it is, but you have a lot of applications running. Most often the problem is related to a network driver, or a graphics drivers.

I almost always see this problem in relation to Steam clients, or BF4 clients. I don't know if you're running these or not, if so, I suggest disabling them and seeing if the problem persists. However, you are also running a bunch of adobe stuff, so that may also be triggering the problem.

Mystere, Aug 11, 2015
  9. Rammap (a program made by Microsoft that you can download) will help finding which .sys (driver file) is causing the issue.

theveterans, Aug 11, 2015
  10. NevaMO Win User
    downloaded it but it's not updated for W10, it's getting updated though, I saw somewhere to disable show windows tips, and restarted computer, now I'm not even getting 3GB usage.....

NevaMO, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. High RAM usage, and another issue - Similar Threads - High RAM usage

2. High RAM Usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High RAM Usage: Hi, I am facing problems with the system memory, even being 8GB the RAM usage at idle is 55%Meaning any emulator, or heavy game literally brings it to 99%, CANT EVEN IMAGINE 99%!...
  3. High Ram Usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High Ram Usage: Hi there, So this is the problem, From the time I bought this brand new IdeaPad Flex 5 itlo5 14" laptop, there has always been high ram usage when I look in task manager. The ram usage has always been around 80%. I have tried to clean install windows which removes all...
  4. High ram usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    High ram usage: I recently shifted from from using linux to windows and out of 8 gigs of ram 6.2 gigs is used just with 4 tabs of edge and 2 light weight apps open. The cpu temp is also averaging about 55-60 degree C, although cpu consumption is not high . Is this normal for windows 10(Last...
  5. High usage in RAM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High usage in RAM: Hello sir/ma'am, From last 10 days, I am facing the issue regarding RAM deficiency. Inspite of having 12Gi RAM in my Laptop, it uses 10.2Gi RAM. It is the case when after restarting my Laptop, when even not a single process is running. Why so ?? Please help me to resolve the...
  6. high ram usage

high ram usage: [ATTACH][ATTACH] In a few days, ago my ram usage is very in a 2 or more app open. and I have 60% in no app I cant do work on my pc and' I have 4GB' ram please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-ram-usage/21f73eed-4478-4761-8517-56f96820e39b
  7. High RAM usage!

High RAM usage!: Me again! Im using Windows 10 and my laptop has 8 RAM. It is always on 80-90% usage? WHAT THE HELL? I see some posts about Memory Leak? Any tips for this to solve? P.S: I have another post about Windows Defender, so if you can help,ill be thankful! [ATTACH]...
  8. High RAM usage issue.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    High RAM usage issue.: Starting a couple months back, I noticed my surface pro 4 was considerably slower and would need to reload webpages a lot more frequently and stuff like that. I suspected there would be some issues with the RAM so I checked the resources monitor a noticed of 50% do the RAM...
  9. High RAM usage issue.

High RAM usage issue.: Starting a couple months back, I noticed my surface pro 4 was considerably slower and would need to reload webpages a lot more frequently and stuff like that. I suspected there would be some issues with the RAM so I checked the resources monitor a noticed of 50% do the RAM...
  10. High RAM usage issue.

in Windows 10 Support