Windows 10: Higher res diaplay modes lost

Discus and support Higher res diaplay modes lost in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; W10 10 PC with an NVidia Geforce GTX 560 TI graphics card. Connected to a Samsung S23C650 monitor. (via a KVM) Usually used in a High res mode ...... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by sargan, Jul 9, 2018.

1. sargan Win User

Higher res diaplay modes lost

W10 10 PC with an NVidia Geforce GTX 560 TI graphics card.
    Connected to a Samsung S23C650 monitor. (via a KVM)

Usually used in a High res mode ... working fine earlier, shut down when I started up again ... it is in low res 1024 x 768
    Under Settings >Display it does not list any higher res settings .... such as the normally used 2560 x 1600.

Under device Manager it shows card without any error icon .. and it shows no driver updated since March.

:)

sargan, Jul 9, 2018

2. New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Jul 9, 2018
  3. Cant change resolution higher than 1024x768

Hi Lewis,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1) Does this issue occur in one account or other accounts(if any)?

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the graphic drivers in Compatibility mode and check if it works:

Follow the steps to uninstall the Wi-Fi driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key.
    • Click on Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the Display drivers listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    I would suggest you to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if it works.

Follow the steps provided below to install the drivers in compatibility mode:

• Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select Windows operating system from the drop down.
    • Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.
    Please reply with status of the issue for further assistance.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Jul 9, 2018
  4. Higher res diaplay modes lost

Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jul 9, 2018
Thema:

Higher res diaplay modes lost

1. Higher res diaplay modes lost - Similar Threads - Higher res diaplay

2. Streched res

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Streched res: I want to switch to 1280x1024custom using intel graphics panel from 1920x1080 to help on running games i just want to make sure nothing gets damaged https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/streched-res/49f3f058-b0a6-4775-b7e7-375f0bc1ccbd
  3. Streched res

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Streched res: I want to switch to 1280x1024custom using intel graphics panel from 1920x1080 to help on running games i just want to make sure nothing gets damaged https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/streched-res/49f3f058-b0a6-4775-b7e7-375f0bc1ccbd
  4. Streched res

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Lost compatibility modes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lost compatibility modes: Hello , Many compatibility modes for olds programs have gone missing. I just have recent os the oldest is win 7. Do you have a solution for retriving the lost modes it's for old softwares? Thank for your's ansewers. ***moved on english forum***...
  6. diaplay adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    diaplay adapter: I am unable to update my display adapter with windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/diaplay-adapter/d31f748f-e704-4dc3-901b-10ae655d18fb
  7. Desktop Res & Active Signal Res are different

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Desktop Res & Active Signal Res are different: [img] My Monitor when I press the button says 1920x1080. I want to fully use 1440x1080 also noticing this slight flicker when playing games etc. Never did this when using windows 7.. Just recently upgraded, any help would be appreciated 129771
  8. Lost SLEEP Mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost SLEEP Mode: After a early October 2018 Windows 10 update I lost the ability to put my PC in SLEEP Mode and the SLEEP part of Power & Sleep is gone. Any suggestions on what I need to do to get this back?...
  9. keeps downloading higher and higher

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keeps downloading higher and higher: Hello, I have purchased the game Forza Horizon 3 about a week ago and it does not finish downloading. every time it gets close to finishing, it adds an extra 30-50GB's worth of download onto the game. Example: The game has downloaded 0GB's out of 60GB. I leave it to...
  10. issue with low res game coming out of sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    issue with low res game coming out of sleep mode: Recently upgraded a friends computer to windows 10 and we're running into an annoying issue while playing a low resolution (800x600?) game. The game boots up fine and everything is great until we pause and come out of sleep mode when the whole image on the screen is...