Windows 10: Hijacked by Windows 10

Discus and support Hijacked by Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Ok, I am having to post this via a borrowed computer. Borrowed because Windows 10 has purposefully locked me out of my computer until I comply with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DMurphy, May 26, 2017.

1. DMurphy Win User

Hijacked by Windows 10

Ok, I am having to post this via a borrowed computer. Borrowed because Windows 10 has purposefully locked me out of my computer until I comply with their wishes.
    WIndows 10, review your privacy settings to get ready for the next update.

I do not want to review my settings, but if I do not, the creators of Windows 10 have locked me out of my computer and will not return my computer to me unless I comply with their wishes.

That is illegal. Apparently the Win 10 Creators don't care if what they do is illegal.

After all. I am but a little snippet they can ignore.

:)

DMurphy, May 26, 2017

2. Hijacked by Frontier Comm.

[Merged]

Original title:

When I tried to load Edge I got wg.frontier.com/id/start

This just started I have Windows 10 and had a good up date yesterday.

JACKGRANADE, May 26, 2017
  3. Kyah Pembaryah, May 26, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hijacked by Windows 10

Hello DMurphy, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

This is only part of the setup process to finish updating Windows 10.

By reviewing your privacy settings, you'll only be shown the usual screen to turn them on or off as you like before the update has finished. You will still be able to turn these on or off as you like in Settings -> Privacy.

For more details: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...reators-update

Brink, May 26, 2017
Thema:

Hijacked by Windows 10

1. Hijacked by Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Hijacked

2. New vulnerability lets attackers sniff or hijack VPN connections

in Windows 10 News
    New vulnerability lets attackers sniff or hijack VPN connections: Academics have disclosed this week a security flaw impacting Linux, Android, macOS, and other Unix-based operating systems that allows an attacker to sniff, hijack, and tamper with VPN-tunneled connections. The vulnerability -- tracked as CVE-2019-14899 -- resides in the...
  3. myfileconverter.com hijacker...how do I remove this annoying ad popup?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    myfileconverter.com hijacker...how do I remove this annoying ad popup?: My W10 PC recently became infected with an annoying ad notification popup at startup from myfileconverter.com. I have not been able to find any evidence of this program on my pc or chrome extensions I have used malaware bytes which did not find this annoyance. Has...
  4. Mouse Cursor Hijack?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse Cursor Hijack?: (Windows 10 Pro, Version 1909, OS Build 18363.476) I have started having a problem in the last week, and my google-fu is failing me. My mouse cursor will be randomly grabbed and moved to a specific location* on my primary screen, and then will start clicking rapidly as it...
  5. Outlook 2010 has been hijacked.

Outlook 2010 has been hijacked.: Outlook 2010 has been hijacked. When I change password with host, and then update password on computer, some nitwit captures password and passes it around the flat globe. I've done a defender scan, and MS Malware scan with 0 finds. What should I do? Currently access host...
  6. Having concerns about security and feel like I've been hijacked....is this normal?

Having concerns about security and feel like I've been hijacked....is this normal?: I feel like everything I know is telling me that my computer (Win10) has been taken over. While at the same time Windows Defender and even MalwareBytes software is showing no indication of any threat. First thing that caught my attention was that I could not MAXIMIZE any...
  7. Hijacked cursor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hijacked cursor: cursor moves to search box at bottom of laptop and brings up mini window that can be closed by clicking outside that window but reappears every few seconds... happens FREQUENTLY... HELP...
  8. Browser Hijacker

Browser Hijacker: Recently found all google searches on my preferred browser ending up with yahoo search results on my Windows 10 desktop. Checked all software for latest updates, ran full Defender scan, but could not restore the Google search engine. Finally stumbled across this piece of...
  9. browser hijacker

browser hijacker: https://operateeditfind.info/search_web.php?q=juice&uid=71e51036-9c7c-4578-ef6bc94560e9&rnd=1&themeIndex=1002&b=firefox&bv=69&secret=ketica_ff_ext_avg&source=1 I'm using an HP Netbook and running Windows 8.1 I keep getting redirected to yahoo.com when I use my default...
  10. Blu Win Jr LTE Windows 10 Phone Update Malware hijacks charging IC circuit afflicting phone...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blu Win Jr LTE Windows 10 Phone Update Malware hijacks charging IC circuit afflicting phone...: First off, I hope Microsoft Developers and Leadership listen to this message urgently, as it comes from someone who's spent and or been involved in purchase decisions of over USD 50,000 on various Microsoft Hardware including Servers, Workstations, Software from Windows...