Windows 10: Hijacked by Windows 10

Discus and support Hijacked by Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Ok, I am having to post this via a borrowed computer. Borrowed because Windows 10 has purposefully locked me out of my computer until I comply with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DMurphy, May 26, 2017.

1. DMurphy Win User

Hijacked by Windows 10

Ok, I am having to post this via a borrowed computer. Borrowed because Windows 10 has purposefully locked me out of my computer until I comply with their wishes.
    WIndows 10, review your privacy settings to get ready for the next update.

I do not want to review my settings, but if I do not, the creators of Windows 10 have locked me out of my computer and will not return my computer to me unless I comply with their wishes.

That is illegal. Apparently the Win 10 Creators don't care if what they do is illegal.

After all. I am but a little snippet they can ignore.

:)

DMurphy, May 26, 2017

2. Hijacked by Frontier Comm.

[Merged]

Original title:

When I tried to load Edge I got wg.frontier.com/id/start

This just started I have Windows 10 and had a good up date yesterday.

JACKGRANADE, May 26, 2017
  3. Kyah Pembaryah, May 26, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hijacked by Windows 10

Hello DMurphy, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

This is only part of the setup process to finish updating Windows 10.

By reviewing your privacy settings, you'll only be shown the usual screen to turn them on or off as you like before the update has finished. You will still be able to turn these on or off as you like in Settings -> Privacy.

For more details: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...reators-update

Brink, May 26, 2017
Thema:

Hijacked by Windows 10

1. Hijacked by Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Hijacked

2. Microsoft hijacked my laptop and installed Windows 11 without my consent

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft hijacked my laptop and installed Windows 11 without my consent: Windows 11 was installed without my permission yesterday when I tried to switch back to Windows 10 the button was greyed out and said theat windows 11 was installed more than 10 days ago. How do I get windows 10 back?...
  3. Microsoft hijacked my laptop and installed Windows 11 without my consent

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft hijacked my laptop and installed Windows 11 without my consent: Windows 11 was installed without my permission yesterday when I tried to switch back to Windows 10 the button was greyed out and said theat windows 11 was installed more than 10 days ago. How do I get windows 10 back?...
  4. You Phone Keeps Hijacking My Audio Connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    You Phone Keeps Hijacking My Audio Connection: Hi all, for some reason when the laptop boots up and at times even when it's already running the Your Phone app will attempt to hijack my BT headset connection. This results in the audio going back to the phone rather than any BT device. This means I need to go through the...
  5. You Phone Keeps Hijacking My Audio Connection

You Phone Keeps Hijacking My Audio Connection: Hi all, for some reason when the laptop boots up and at times even when it's already running the Your Phone app will attempt to hijack my BT headset connection. This results in the audio going back to the phone rather than any BT device. This means I need to go through the...
  6. Recently, an unknown organisation started managing my laptop. Now, my browsers are hijacked.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recently, an unknown organisation started managing my laptop. Now, my browsers are hijacked.: -Chrome is hijacked by this extension “unixsearch.com”. I can’t uninstall it due to it being a managed organisation extension. Tried resetting values. Tried reinstalling.-Edge is hijacked by Yahoo. Tried resetting values. Tried reinstalling, it worked for a bit.~I tried re...
  7. Recently, an unknown organisation started managing my laptop. Now, my browsers are hijacked.

Recently, an unknown organisation started managing my laptop. Now, my browsers are hijacked.: -Chrome is hijacked by this extension “unixsearch.com”. I can’t uninstall it due to it being a managed organisation extension. Tried resetting values. Tried reinstalling.-Edge is hijacked by Yahoo. Tried resetting values. Tried reinstalling, it worked for a bit.~I tried re...
  8. Recently, an unknown organisation started managing my laptop. Now, my browsers are hijacked.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. System & reserved storage + Browser Hijacking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System & reserved storage + Browser Hijacking: Every once in a while I go to my settings app and check my storage. Today when I went to check, my storage had jumped up to 210 GB after I had recently brought it down I don't remember the exact number. I only had 6.11 GB free. I went to check what was taking up so much...
  10. System & reserved storage + Browser Hijacking

System & reserved storage + Browser Hijacking: Every once in a while I go to my settings app and check my storage. Today when I went to check, my storage had jumped up to 210 GB after I had recently brought it down I don't remember the exact number. I only had 6.11 GB free. I went to check what was taking up so much...