Windows 10: Hitman Pro Alert?

Discus and support Hitman Pro Alert? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello! My license for ESET expires in a few days, so I uninstalled it and am now using Windows Defender. I have Hitman Pro as an on demand. Does... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Smiley1, May 26, 2016.

1. Smiley1 Win User

Hitman Pro Alert?

Hello!
    My license for ESET expires in a few days, so I uninstalled it and am now using Windows Defender. I have Hitman Pro as an on demand. Does anyone use Hitman Pro Alert? If so, what can you tell me about it? Is it free for a trial period, or how does it work? Thanks!

:)

Smiley1, May 26, 2016

2. Windows defender closing instantly

1. Hitman Pro was installed around 3. November.

2. I have not purchase Hitman Pro.

3. My Hitman Pro scan logs are available.

4. Version 1703 OS 15063.726

I will try to do the repair upgrade again after I get permission from you. It now seems to be quite risky.

ChristianSchau, May 26, 2016
  3. dutchmen1 Win User
    Print spooler wont start- error 0x800706b9

Jeff

I had the same problem. After about 3 hours with MS I tried hitman pro on computer. It fixed 1 file and then I rebooted and everything was fine. The great thing is hitman pro is free

dutchmen1, May 26, 2016
  4. OldMike65 Win User

Hitman Pro Alert?

I run Hitman Pro version 3.7.14 and its only free for 30 days. Mine is a registered version. So mine is good for 2 years. You can download the free version of
    SUPERAntiSpyware | Remove Malware | Remove Spyware - AntiMalware, AntiSpyware, AntiAdware! and it is as good as Hitman Pro. *Smile

OldMike65, May 26, 2016
  5. simrick Win User
    I think HitmanPro Alert also protects specifically against ransomware, if I'm not mistaken. Yes, it has a 30-day trial, and if it finds something on the first run, your trial allows you to remove the malware without having to buy it. The development was done with the help of people from Bleeping Computer forums, and I followed it for about a year, and was quite impressed. It is NOT, however, a substitute for your AntiVirus - it is a compliment.

simrick, May 27, 2016
  6. Smiley1 Win User
    I haven't needed Hitman Pro to remove anything yet other than tracking cookies, so I've never had my 30 days yet.

I used to use Superantispyware, but the last time I checked the support forum, one could almost hear the sound of crickets chirping (meaning, it was deserted). But as I said, it's been a while.

Smiley1, May 27, 2016
  7. Smiley1 Win User
    From what I could glean from Surfright's website, Hitman Pro Alert has some antiexploit function as well. I'm wondering if I need something else running in real time besides Defender.

Smiley1, May 27, 2016
  8. OldMike65 Win User

Hitman Pro Alert?

That could be on SAS but I run them both as I have paid versions, and I like to see sometimes which one finds the most problems, like say tracking cookies .....as I rarely have PUP's or anything serious. And SAS does seem to find MORE small stuff than HitMan Pro ... And its updated regularly also, just like Hitman Pro .....but like simrick said earlier HitMan Pro Alert is much more powerful, than just my version of Hitman.

OldMike65, May 27, 2016
  9. simrick Win User
    If you are a "safe surfer" and know how to keep yourself out of trouble, you could use Defender+MBAM Free+MBAE FREE+SAS. That's what I use, and then I throw in CryptoPrevent from FoolishIT. Although I just read a disturbing article on a Defender problem which MS apparently don't think is worth fixing. *Mad

simrick, May 27, 2016
  10. Just a quick reminder/clarification for the OP, @Smiley1, and anyone else who might read this thread...

MBAM is an anti-malware product -- like your AV, it protects against the "what" of malware. The Free version does NOT provide real-time protection to help prevent infection. If you want real-time protection alongside WD or any AV, you'll need the paid, Premium version.
    MBAE is an anti-exploit product -- it works differently, against the "how" of malware. It is relatively comparable in its scope/intent to Hitman Pro Alert. The Free version protects browsers and plug-ins. The Premium version can be configured to shield ~any internet-facing application.
    Neither is a substitute for an AV (the same is true for HPA).

Cheers,
    MM (unaffiliated with Malwarebytes and just a home user)

MoxieMomma, May 27, 2016
  11. Smiley1 Win User
    I would say we're "safe surfers", but it's nice to have some additional safety measures.

Smiley1, May 27, 2016
  12. simrick Win User
    Yes, and perhaps MBAM paid subscription might give that extra piece of mind. Regardless, one AV is just not enough these days. You must approach security with a layered effect.

Another thing you could do is change the DNS servers on your NICs to the Open DNS servers, which will protect you against known bad sites.

simrick, May 27, 2016
  13. shmu26 Win User

Hitman Pro Alert?

I have used HitmanPro.Alert in various security configurations on windows 10, and in fact I even have a current licence.
    Right now I am running Kaspersky Total Security 2016, so I don't really need HMP.A, but I do like HMP.A a lot.
    It is a great complement to WD. It protects you from a lot of different types of exploits, and it doesn't slow down your computer. It is much stronger than Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit premium, because it does a lot more things to protect your system.
    It is actively developed and has decent support.
    It has a free trial.
    Compatible with most AVs.
    The various modules can be controlled and disabled individually, in case one of them conflicts with other software you are running.

shmu26, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Hitman Pro Alert?

1. Hitman Pro Alert? - Similar Threads - Hitman Pro Alert

2. weird issue after using hitman pro for malware detection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    weird issue after using hitman pro for malware detection: When i used it first day before yesterday something went wrong and suddenly while it was in the step of removing unwanted file for some reason my desktop went all blank there was no taskbar windows key won't work the file explorer or settings or basically any app with a...
  3. weird issue after using hitman pro for malware detection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    weird issue after using hitman pro for malware detection: When i used it first day before yesterday something went wrong and suddenly while it was in the step of removing unwanted file for some reason my desktop went all blank there was no taskbar windows key won't work the file explorer or settings or basically any app with a...
  4. weird issue after using hitman pro for malware detection

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Hitman 3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hitman 3: Who thinks we should have hitman 3 on xbox gamepass ultimate for free https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hitman-3/a9bac7a0-f448-4833-9831-a8f1262baf15
  6. Hitman Pro Suspicious File

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hitman Pro Suspicious File: Yesterday, Hitman Pro Alert found 2 suspicious files on my Windows 10 laptop. Both files were named pagexec.exe. What does Hitman Pro do about those files. Tracking cookies are deleted, but I saw no other options for Suspicious files....
  7. Can not install and run Hitman Pro Free Trial

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can not install and run Hitman Pro Free Trial: Howdy, Running antimalware bytes and norton 360. I wanted to get a third party scan to see if anything was missed with my main protection. I downloaded and installed Hitman Pro several times. It opens and allows me to check one time scan and seems to begin to scan and then...
  8. Hitman Pro Alert detected ''ophone'' BadUSB rmeote keyboard?

Hitman Pro Alert detected ''ophone'' BadUSB rmeote keyboard?: Hello all! I decided to use my computer as normal one day late in the night and when I woke up I was instantly greeted by the Hitman Pro Alert program telling me it had prevented a "remote keyboard" called "ophone" with the hardware ID "HID\VID_0461&PID_0010&REV_0104&MI_00"....
  9. Hitman Pro wont delete threats

Hitman Pro wont delete threats: Hi All, I have on my computer Bitdefender Internet Security, Malwarebytes and Hitman Pro. When I do a full scan with Bitdefender or Malwarebytes, nothing is found and my system seems clean. When I scan with Hitman Pro 14 infected files are found. It says that the files...
  10. Hitman Pro Alert on new computer

Hitman Pro Alert on new computer: Hello, I have a license for Hitman Pro Alert, wondering if there is a way to transfer that to a new Windows PC. I can't find anything on their website about it. Actually, I can't find any way to contact support at all for this program. Does anyone know if the license can...