Windows 10: hiw10Want to ask question about passwords.

Discus and support hiw10Want to ask question about passwords. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Me, again so soon, a different question but brought to my attention by members who answered my last thread on W10 clean install. Passwords Correct me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by frenchman96, Aug 12, 2018.

1. hiw10Want to ask question about passwords.

Me, again so soon, a different question but brought to my attention by members who answered my last thread on W10 clean install.

Passwords
    Correct me if I am wrong, but we are supposed to have a password for every site we use. We are not supposed to write those passwords down anywhere, well I don't know anyone who could remember say 20 different passwords.

With this in mind, I was taught on a previous site (IDF50) (I don't feel 50) that to overcome the above problem was to think or create a phrase that's easy to remember for example " the best pc forum for help is w10" and you take the first letter of every word Tbpffhiw10 so you have the capital and number normally required.

BUT, after stating all above, it was pointed out to me the benefit of lastpass or others.

my question is, how safe is it, as we are placing our 20 different passwords in their vault ??

:)

frenchman96, Aug 12, 2018
  2. Shoshi Win User

Admin password unknown and missing files after upload

Ok, I know these questions have been asked, but I have tried everything I can understand.
    Need to be spoken like a noob - step by step please.
    Win10 put on my system everything initially fine, then discovered files missing - tried to install a recover program to be frustrated by a prompt to input an admin password with User [USER-PC\USER]
    I have tried every password ever used.
    I have tried going to cmd prompt
    I cant install anything to circumnavigate because I cant get past this dialogue.

any suggests?

Shoshi, Aug 12, 2018
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Aug 12, 2018
  4. Sher Amo Win User

hiw10Want to ask question about passwords.

password

Hi Gary,

A password is used to secure your device from unwanted access. To help us determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps, we would like to ask the following questions:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Are you referring to a BIOS password?
    • Are you referring to a Microsoft account password?
    • Is this a Windows password used when you log in to your device?
    • Can you send us a screenshot of the exact window wherein it asks you to type your password?

We look forward to your response.

Sher Amo, Aug 12, 2018
Thema:

hiw10Want to ask question about passwords.

1. hiw10Want to ask question about passwords. - Similar Threads - hiw10Want ask question

2. Is there a link to ask questions about microsfot products on microsoft.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a link to ask questions about microsfot products on microsoft.: I am brand new to Microsoft windows 11 and I do not know how to use it, I want to ask questions but I keep losing the link after I ask a question, is there anywhere where I can find a link to this place so that I can ask questions....
  3. Is there a link to ask questions about microsfot products on microsoft.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a link to ask questions about microsfot products on microsoft.: I am brand new to Microsoft windows 11 and I do not know how to use it, I want to ask questions but I keep losing the link after I ask a question, is there anywhere where I can find a link to this place so that I can ask questions....
  4. Question about Ask me anything search box

in Cortana
    Question about Ask me anything search box: Ok so can you bring back the ask me anything search box with the microphone I don’t really want this type here to search thing with the magnifying glass box on my computer anymore it just looks wrong without the ask me anything box...
  5. Asking question about Microsoft Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Asking question about Microsoft Defender: If I do not install any third-party antivirus software on my windows 10 pro PC, can only Microsoft Defender able to protect my PC from any virus attack. Please clear my confusion....
  6. question about user password expiration

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    question about user password expiration: in a enviroment where are some users in a domain, who determines if a password expires or not? the PC or LDAP? submitted by /u/acid8k [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gkhd3m/question_about_user_password_expiration/
  7. Question about something I shouldn't have to ask.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about something I shouldn't have to ask.: I have previously cast my screen from my Android phone to my PC. Why do they suddenly not see each other? I haven't changed the settings. I haven't screen cast to a different device. Everything is exactly the same as the last time (I even looked up the same YouTube video...
  8. I just asked a question about Microsoft not recognising my newly set password

in Windows 10 Customization
    I just asked a question about Microsoft not recognising my newly set password: ps When I signed on to join the Community I was asked for my password and the new one was accepted - so why is it not recognised when I try to access my computer?...
  9. A question about passwords

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    A question about passwords: Me, again so soon, a different question but brought to my attention by members who answered my last thread on W10 clean install. Passwords Correct me if I am wrong, but we are supposed to have a password for every site we use. We are not supposed to write those passwords...
  10. A question about passwords

in Windows 10 Support
    A question about passwords: Me, again so soon, a different question but brought to my attention by members who answered my last thread on W10 clean install. Passwords Correct me if I am wrong, but we are supposed to have a password for every site we use. We are not supposed to write those passwords...