Windows 10: Hmm.. Whats the best (Good) DNS for PC/Android? :/

Discus and support Hmm.. Whats the best (Good) DNS for PC/Android? :/ in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I use AdGuard DNS on my android: AdGuard DNS | Overview | AdGuard Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Access Denied, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Hmm.. Whats the best (Good) DNS for PC/Android? :/

Access Denied, Apr 5, 2018
  2. Ph0werd Win User

Hmm, i've thinking to change my DNS.. but i don't know exactly why people always says to me to change your DNS.. :/ can somebody explain it to me? any help i appreciate

Cheers

:)

Ph0werd, Apr 20, 2018
  3. whats the best phone for

N91 8GB is still the music king because

a) Top sound quality

b) Standard 3.5mm jack

c) High Storage Capacity

d) Decent sized, always available audio controls

e) Nicely made out of stainless steel - much nicer and sturdier than the plastic phones.

f) Desk charging stand is useful

N91 original lacks some storage (only 4GB) and also lacks the stereo bluetooth (the latter is not much loss, as wired headphones are better), but has done me good service.

N81 & N81 8GB apparently have similar sound quality to the N91 & N91 8GB, but have smaller audio controls cluttered in with loads of other buttons. They also are plastic and don't have the stand. On the plus side, the podcast application is preinstalled (although
    you can get it for the N91) and the music store will work on the phone (although you can copy across tracks bought on the PC store to the N91). The N81 8GB has built in storage, but you can now get 8GB cards (and maybe larger soon), which may work in the other
    N81 model, which meens that the memory card version of the N81 is probably slightly better than the N81 8GB for storage. One other advantage of the N81 over the N91 is the flash for the camera.

The differences between these 4 models are small enough that if you have one there's probably not much benefit switching to another.

If you want a phone with more features than the N91 or N81 then you can go for the N95 (or US or 8GB version), but I believe this sacrifices sound quality, and the media buttons are hidden when using the numeric keypad (this would be awkward for me listening
    to music while browsing the web, as I then want both keypads available). I wouldn't really go this route, but it is better than the other N series below.

I wouldn't use the N82 (or N73, N77, N93i) for mp3 player replacement, as it doesn't have audio controls on the phone

I also wouldn't go for the N76 (or N73 - maybe others), as it doesn't have standard 3.5mm jack (I think N76 is 2.5mm and N73 is pop port).

If you want something cheaper, there are some 5xxx phones with 3.5mm jacks and audio controls. These will lack some of smartphone etc. features of N91/N81 and build of N91, and won't be as good on storage (they're all memory card based, and I think some have
    a 2GB limit - maybe the newer ones are better). I don't know how the sound quality varies.

In summary, I recommend an N91 8GB if you can get it, and an N81 with an 8GB card if you can't get the N91 or really want a flash.

Message Edited by on 19-Dec-2007 10:37 PM

martin_eyles, Apr 20, 2018
  4. Hmm.. Whats the best (Good) DNS for PC/Android? :/

whats the best phone for

I checked with my sources and they claim that N82 has the same audio DAC as the N81 so they should have similar audio quality.

Have you listened to the N82?

el_loco---01, Apr 20, 2018
  5. Are you having internet issues?

kingtez1984, Apr 20, 2018
  6. Some also block malware/phishing and some provide family filtering, blocking adult webpages.

Plus, if you will use an encrypted DNS, like Simple DNSCrypt , your ISP will not be able to track, what webpages you are visiting, just domains, so he will have hard time selling it, like US ISP can do now.

Free and Public DNS Server List (Valid April 2018)

TairikuOkami, Apr 20, 2018
  7. Ph0werd Win User
    Nope, but want something different from DNS.. i just wanted to know why so many people recommends always any other DNS than the DNS delivered by your ISP xD

Ph0werd, Apr 20, 2018
  8. Ph0werd Win User

Hmm.. Whats the best (Good) DNS for PC/Android? :/

Hmm, should i change my DNS, orn't.. can DNS's track your traffic or other stuff orn't? :/

Ph0werd, Apr 20, 2018
  9. Ph0werd Win User
    Hmm Quad9 seems nice.. What DNS are you using @TairikuOkami

Ph0werd, Apr 20, 2018
  10. I use, whatever my ISP gives me to my router and my computers use the router as DNS and also 8.8.8.8 (Google) or 1.1.1.1 (Cloudflare) just in case.

DNS is only used to match a domain name (google.com, Microsoft.com) with an IP-address so that, for instance your browser can request the web page to be sent to you.

Normally there is no reason to go and change any of that. But if you have trouble visiting some web pages, then it might be a good idea to see if another DNS can find what you are looking for. You can have multiple DNS-servers configured.

slicendice, Apr 20, 2018
  11. If the only reason you want to try a new DNS server is because other people use them I wouldn't bother changing.

As explained above by Slicendice, the only time you need to is if you struggle to get on certain pages.

Ive always found Google DNS to be all good tho. But unless you are having a specific issue, I wouldnt change anything pal *Smile

kingtez1984, Apr 20, 2018
  12. Sure they can, but they are under more scrutiny than some local ISP, especially worldwide DNS services, so they usually follow their privacy policies more thoroughly.

I am using OpenDNS Family via dnscrypt on my browser and UltraDNS Threat on my computer.

Recursive DNS on the Global Anycast Network | Neustar

TairikuOkami, Apr 20, 2018
  13. Barman58 Win User

There is a Privacy / Security advantage from using the New 1.1.1.1 DNS service from Cloudflare, it is known that a lot , if not all, ISP's record all requests to their DNS servers from customers and can sell this information to sales lists for targeted advertising. As for google I would be shocked if they did not do the same Cloudflare state that they do not do this and also clear all records after a short time

You can check here ... 1.1.1.1 — the Internet’s Fastest, Privacy-First DNS Resolver and make up your own mind

I use the Cloudflare DNS, and have found an improvement in internet latency, and page loading

Barman58, Apr 20, 2018
  14. As @Barman58 stated above, that would be a good reason for switching DNS servers. *Smile

Here's a short and fun video illustration of how DNS works:
    [youtube]2ZUxoi7YNgs[/youtube]

slicendice, Apr 20, 2018
  15. Ph0werd Win User
    So what should i do then? :/

Ph0werd, Apr 20, 2018
Thema:

1. Hmm.. Whats the best (Good) DNS for PC/Android? :/ - Similar Threads - Hmm Whats best

2. What's Best !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What's Best !: Hi again, just been looking at my "Default apps" and wondered if I have the best! Looks like my music is set to "Windows Music player", my videos set to open with "Films and tv" and photo viewer with "Photo" ! All recommended by Microsoft ! I have tried VLC over the years but...
  3. What's Best !

in Windows 10 Customization
    What's Best !: Hi again, just been looking at my "Default apps" and wondered if I have the best! Looks like my music is set to "Windows Music player", my videos set to open with "Films and tv" and photo viewer with "Photo" ! All recommended by Microsoft ! I have tried VLC over the years but...
  4. Hmm...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hmm...: What's the difference between these things?Should I choose SSD or the NVMe SSD? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hmm/53be9827-486b-45c8-82a9-17bd0eec0afb
  5. Hmm...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hmm...: What's the difference between these things?Should I choose SSD or the NVMe SSD? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hmm/53be9827-486b-45c8-82a9-17bd0eec0afb
  6. Hmm...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. What's the best browser to sync with windows 10 and Android?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What's the best browser to sync with windows 10 and Android?: I'm looking for a browser that's privacy oriented but is also pretty fast and doesn't kill my ram. submitted by /u/jonafamjoesta [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/glk4cq/whats_the_best_browser_to_sync_with_windows_10/
  8. DNS OR WHAT

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    DNS OR WHAT: Hi wanna ask i play some games now days from steam most of the games are not able to connect to the servers but if i play it with doing tethering with my phone it is working any fix? submitted by /u/angygz7 [link] [comments]...
  9. What's the best free app with good image printing capability?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What's the best free app with good image printing capability?: Hi, I'm looking for a free (or inexpensive) app/program that has good, flexible image printing settings. The Win 10 Photos app has no way (that I can see) to move images around or resize them in the printing settings (like Photoshop has). Thanks. - - - Updated - - -...
  10. Best Dynamic DNS Client Updater and Dynamic DNS service for hostnames.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Best Dynamic DNS Client Updater and Dynamic DNS service for hostnames.: Do you guys recommend a DDNS service that will update your own private domain name whenever your ip address changes? Namecheap seems good. It doesn't appear to make you use one of their domain names or charge you for using your own domain name. Registration seems to be...