Windows 10: Holding down Backspace erasing typed text too slow

Discus and support Holding down Backspace erasing typed text too slow in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How long should the computer wait before accepting subsequent repeated keystrokes? is set to 0.3 seconds and this is the minimum value. When I set this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Erez, Sep 18, 2016.

1. Erez Win User

Holding down Backspace erasing typed text too slow

How long should the computer wait before accepting subsequent repeated keystrokes? is set to 0.3 seconds and this is the minimum value. When I set this enumeration value (the ComboBox or DropDownList) above 0.3 seconds (maximum 2.0 seconds), it (held down Backspace) erasing the text even slower. I need to set this time below 0.3 seconds, so holding down Backspace erasing the text faster as I used to, but how do I do this, if 0.3 seconds is the minimum? I am pretty sure that it's possible to do this with the regedit, but I don't know where to find this setting in the registry.

:)

2. kimknapp1 Win User

Clearing address bar in Internet browser

Smartphone (Samsung Ace). On the Ace pressing the backspace continuously just erases the field one letter at a time while you hold it down. Faster than repeatedly hitting the backspace, but it would be nice if it acted like yours.

kimknapp1, Sep 18, 2016
  3. Nokia 5530 firmware v.30 bugs/lacks

A problem i am facing that

when typing message and erase any word sometimes it start erasing the other words...seems that backspace is stacked. if i dont again tapped the erase button it keep to erase the text Holding down Backspace erasing typed text too slow :(

greatone---01, Sep 18, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

I looked in Control Panel, Keyboard and can adjust the rate but it doesn't give me the time involved. There are also variables in programs used and what is happening that affect it such as I am downloading 5 YouTube videos and some of my typing this is a bit 'laggy'. Being a 'day-of-rest' I'm not too concerned about the time.

Berton, Sep 18, 2016
  5. bro67 Win User
    Just highlight with mouse and hit delete.

bro67, Sep 18, 2016
  6. Erez Win User
    That's exactly what I am doing recently, but erasing by holding down the Backspace is much more convenient and comfortable for me, and I was used to erase in this method all the years. This problem started since I installed windows 10. I still insist to lower this time, so holding down Backspace erasing text faster as I want and used to and I won't give up and won't leave this thread until this problem is solved or otherwise, I will uninstall windows 10 and return back to windows 7. You have been warned. I might won't use my PC or computer in the meantime, but some other PC to continue to work on.

7. bro67 Win User
    Backspace is always slow, because of the whole Sticky keys and accessibility built into windows. Quickest way of deleting a word or group of words has always been the mouse highlight then hit delete.

bro67, Sep 18, 2016
  8. Erez Win User

Wrong! Incorrect! Backspace is not slow! I used Backspace all the time to delete large text in short times! Maybe for you, mouse was the only device to delete every text you wanted, but it's not convenient for me to delete text with the mouse all the time! It's difficult to select and highlight the exact text I wish to delete with the mouse! It requires too many talent and skill of accuracy and dexterity! Don't tell me what best for me. Best for me is to make Backspace to delete text fast as always it was or I uninstall windows 10 and go back to windows 7. These are the only two options now.

9. Berton Win User
    Okay, my head is now officially in the sand on this.

Berton, Sep 19, 2016
  10. f14tomcat Win User
    If you have the first one set on, you are limited thru this setting mode to 0.3 seconds. If you set it off, there is no delay....0.0 seconds.

Holding down Backspace erasing typed text too slow [​IMG]

It's possible this is the reg key you're looking for. The value is in milliseconds. 300 = 0.3

Holding down Backspace erasing typed text too slow [​IMG]

Play with it and see what happens. Because it is a USER value, you may need to sign off/on to take affect.

TC

f14tomcat, Sep 19, 2016
  11. Erez Win User
    This is nicest answer I have ever seen! I feel hope now! I am happy! That's it! This is the best answer I was looking for! I am pretty sure that my problem has finally been solved and all thanks to you! You saved me! I will try that and let you know! Thanks you very much! Probably I am going to Mark as Solved this time!

EDIT: Okay, I followed your suggestions. All what I had to do is to turn off the first switch below the Filter Keys header and problem solved! Backspace erasing text as fast as it always did and all thanks to you! No need to mess up with the registry! Already Marked as Solved this thread! I am blessing you! Thanks for the hard work anyway!

12. f14tomcat Win User
    Your welcome! It's actually probably the AutoRepeatRate key, though. In case you need it.

f14tomcat, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Holding down Backspace erasing typed text too slow - Similar Threads - Holding down Backspace

2. My backspace key, as an example, doesn't work when I hold it down but only in microsoft...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My backspace key, as an example, doesn't work when I hold it down but only in microsoft...: My backspace key, as an example, doesn't work when I hold it down but only in microsoft programmes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-backspace-key-as-an-example-doesnt-work-when-i/1960a9c2-7c2f-4b38-bda8-0de470f47800
  3. My backspace key, as an example, doesn't work when I hold it down but only in microsoft...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My backspace key, as an example, doesn't work when I hold it down but only in microsoft...: My backspace key, as an example, doesn't work when I hold it down but only in microsoft programmes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-backspace-key-as-an-example-doesnt-work-when-i/1960a9c2-7c2f-4b38-bda8-0de470f47800
  4. My backspace key, as an example, doesn't work when I hold it down but only in microsoft...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Some combinations holding shift down does not type an uppercase

Some combinations holding shift down does not type an uppercase: This is a strange one on windows 10.This typing issue occurs on both external and internal keyboards on a dell 5400 laptop, and both SHIFT keys left and right.We use acronyms often like most organizations.One of our common acronyms is VBP.And we use it so much that I type it...
  6. Some combinations holding shift down does not type an uppercase

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some combinations holding shift down does not type an uppercase: This is a strange one on windows 10.This typing issue occurs on both external and internal keyboards on a dell 5400 laptop, and both SHIFT keys left and right.We use acronyms often like most organizations.One of our common acronyms is VBP.And we use it so much that I type it...
  7. Holding down backspace suddenly won't delete characters rapidly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Holding down backspace suddenly won't delete characters rapidly.: All of the sudden yesterday, holding down a key won't constantly make that character be spammed in whatever text box you're typing it into. Why? What can I do to stop it?...
  8. Holding down backspace suddenly won't delete characters rapidly.

Holding down backspace suddenly won't delete characters rapidly.: All of the sudden yesterday, holding down a key won't constantly make that character be spammed in whatever text box you're typing it into. Why? What can I do to stop it?...
  9. My backspace key will not delete continually as I hold it down

in Windows 10 Customization
    My backspace key will not delete continually as I hold it down: My backspace key will not delete continually as I hold it down. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-backspace-key-will-not-delete-continually-as-i/62118512-75b0-4663-9549-06e2810cd952
  10. Holding down keys and holding down backspace are way too slow.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Holding down keys and holding down backspace are way too slow.: Every time I change the speed back to fast, it reverts back to slow and I don't know why. It is quite frustrating. Can I get help with this?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 10 Holding down Backspace erasing typed text too slow

2. holding backspace too long to wait