Windows 10: home-built PC "We're validating Windows 10 for your PC"

Discus and support home-built PC "We're validating Windows 10 for your PC" in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Today, Windows 10 is released. I have not yet gotten a notification from Microsoft. I have a home-built PC from components. I know that it is good... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RichardW, Jul 29, 2015.

1. RichardW Win User

home-built PC "We're validating Windows 10 for your PC"

Today, Windows 10 is released.
    I have not yet gotten a notification from Microsoft.
    I have a home-built PC from components. I know that it is good enough for Windows 10.

If you have a home-built PC have you seen this message when you click on your "Get Windows 10" taskbar icon?
    Have you gotten an email from Microsoft saying that Windows 10 is available for your PC?

"Thankyou for reserving your free upgrade
    We'revalidating Windows 10 for your PC. While upgrades have started
    for mostPCs, we're continuously working with our partners to ensure
    thateven more PCs work well with Windows 10."

My PC is Intel 2500K, Asrock system board, 16 GB memory, 500 GB SSD, 1 TB D-drive, nvidia video. Absolutely beyond the minimum required for Windows 10.

:)

RichardW, Jul 29, 2015
  2. Esteanne Win User

Este

I have checked the status in the windows app stating: "We're still validating windows 10 for your PC". No download is ready yet. Can I do a download from the windows 10 download site?

Esteanne, Jul 29, 2015
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    Windows 10 after restart activation key no longer works

Hi,

Just to verify, are you still encountering an issue with your Windows 10 activation?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Jul 29, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jul 29, 2015
  5. That was the message about "Validating" that I had in the Get Windows app later this afternoon. I didn't care to wait any longer since the BT folder had already downloaded this morning so as Brink said, this evening I went the Media Creation Tool route and it went very smoothly so I would recommend it.

wordsworth, Jul 29, 2015
  6. RichardW Win User
    @Brink,
    Thanks. I still see the "we're validating" message today.
    I expect that I will follow your recommendations when I am ready to upgrade.

Right now, I am waiting for ancestry.com to update Family Tree Maker 2014 for Windows 10. I use that a lot and there are many reports that it does not work under Windows 10. I think ancestry should have had it ready by know. But, they are mostly silent about the release date for the fix to Family Tree Maker.

RichardW, Jul 30, 2015
  7. I too am still getting the "We're validating Windows 10 for your PC" message on my main home-built PC (laptop upgrade went fine). How can I check what particular software or hardware it is objecting to, so I can work out a solution before forcing the upgrade? The Compatibility Check tool in the menu is pretty much useless, it says everything is fine.

Andre

andrewilley, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. home-built PC "We're validating Windows 10 for your PC" - Similar Threads - home built We're

2. Migrating Windows From Old PC to Fresh Home Built PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Migrating Windows From Old PC to Fresh Home Built PC: I have read various articles on Windows licensing, but am still confused and cannot understand if I can do the following or not. My old PC was home built and used a purchased copy of Windows 7 license. It was upgraded to Windows 10. That PC is going to be discarded 11 years...
  3. Migrating Windows From Old PC to Fresh Home Built PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Migrating Windows From Old PC to Fresh Home Built PC: I have read various articles on Windows licensing, but am still confused and cannot understand if I can do the following or not. My old PC was home built and used a purchased copy of Windows 7 license. It was upgraded to Windows 10. That PC is going to be discarded 11 years...
  4. Your Phone getting stuck at "we're almost done" and "check your pc"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your Phone getting stuck at "we're almost done" and "check your pc": The "Your phone" app Windows 10 & Android was working great, then I upgraded my motherboard and it stopped synching. After repairing my account and connecting it to the new motherboard, I've tried removing and uninstalling both the windows 10 and Androis Apps and I am still...
  5. Constant BSOD in newly built PC : Windows 10 home

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Constant BSOD in newly built PC : Windows 10 home: Hey guys so I built a new PC and facing Constant BSOD : just today I got 9 BSOD here are the stop code of today. Kmode Exception Not Handled APC index mismatch DPC watchdog violation Driver IRQL not less or equal what failed: amdppm.sys please help me fix this : I...
  6. Transfer Windows 10 Home OEM license from my home-built PC to a new PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer Windows 10 Home OEM license from my home-built PC to a new PC: I'm trying to get a straight answer on transferring Windows that will hopefully also help a lot of people that build their own PCs. I'll try to be as detailed so that others can have an idea of common problems they will likely encounter. I built my first PC in 2011 using a...
  7. BSOD issues with Windows 10 in home-built gaming PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD issues with Windows 10 in home-built gaming PC: I just built a custom gaming PC, and am having constant BSOD issues as well. It started the same night I installed Windows 10. It seems to not happen in safe mode, so I'm suspecting a driver issue. I'd appreciate any help you can provide! Here is the link to the system info...
  8. Validation of Windows 10 installed on a PC

Validation of Windows 10 installed on a PC: How to find that the operating system on my PC is genuine or not? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/validation-of-windows-10-installed-on-a-pc/e26b6c09-e0ae-43aa-962d-d4d3b1accd70"
  9. We are validating Windows 10 on your PC

We are validating Windows 10 on your PC: The GetWindows Icon shows that it is validating Windows 10 on this PC. Thank you for reserving your free upgrade. I went to view confirmation and canceled the reservation. Even though the UAC screen darkens and I have to allow it to make changes it doesn't change. Even after...
  10. Constant BSOD on home built Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Constant BSOD on home built Windows 10 PC: Hello! For some time now, I have been having BSOD issues that have recently been occurring about once every hour and become unbearable. I have tried to do some research on the minidumps, but honestly, I have no idea what could be the root of the problem as I can't find a...