Windows 10: Home button, cortana, connecting to internet not working

Discus and support Home button, cortana, connecting to internet not working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Soon after downloading Windows 10, problems started emerging. Nothing happens when I click on the the icons for home, cortana, connecting to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dbowsmount, Sep 24, 2015.

1. Home button, cortana, connecting to internet not working

Soon after downloading Windows 10, problems started emerging. Nothing happens when I click on the the icons for home, cortana, connecting to the internet, or power. It is impossible to establish an internet connection, the troubleshooter "couldn't identify the problem". The audio service is also malfunctioning.

I tried to run a recovery, but was unable to do so, as "The Volume Shadow Copy service used by System Restore is not working". I ran sfc/scannow several times, and the result is that it "found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them".

Thanks in advance for any help!

:)

dbowsmount, Sep 24, 2015
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Home button and Cortana Search is not working

Hi Pol,

This might be caused by software conflicts. We'd like to confirm the following information to provide a suitable solution to the issue:

• When you say you did a restore but to no success, do you mean a system restore?
    • Were there any changes made on your device prior to the issue (updates, change in settings, etc)?

In the meantime, run the Windows app troubleshooter as initial workaround to resolve the issue.

Looking forward to your response.

Anne Ros, Sep 24, 2015
  3. polachan Win User
    Home button and Cortana Search is not working

Hi

I am using windows 10 system and yesterday onwards home and Cotana search textbox is not working. When I type anything there not responding there. I tried to restore but not success. Is there any way to fix the problem

Pol

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Performance & system failures / PC]

polachan, Sep 24, 2015
  4. Peterwm Win User

Home button, cortana, connecting to internet not working

there is a post at DISM in Windows 8.1: The remote procedure call failed which relates to windows 8.1 but the procedure is identical for windows 10

Peterwm, Sep 25, 2015
  5. Unfortunately, what was suggested on the page didn't help either. I ran sfc /scannow in safe mode, with the same result. I tried resetting, but it "could not find the recovery environment". I don't have Windows installation or recovery media. Any ideas what I should try now?

Once again, thanks in advance.

dbowsmount, Sep 25, 2015
  6. The problem was finally solved, but I had to go to a computer service shop, where all software was removed, and Windows 10 reinstalled.

dbowsmount, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Home button, cortana, connecting to internet not working

1. Home button, cortana, connecting to internet not working - Similar Threads - Home button cortana

2. Cortana disabled, but cortana processes still wants to connect to internet.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana disabled, but cortana processes still wants to connect to internet.: Hi, I have disabled all cortana features in settings and O&O shutup 10, but the cortana processes is still establishing connections.How do I proceed to fully uninstall it?If I need an assistant, I will hire one....
  3. start button and Cortana are not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    start button and Cortana are not working: I was receiving a message as my window's license will expire soon so I ask to the technical support Microsoft about it they said it because I have a old version so they take remote control of my pc an install a new version as they said I didn't know but the look it's very old...
  4. cortana can't connect to the internet

in Cortana
    cortana can't connect to the internet: Hi, My Cortana can't connect to the internet, it says "I can't connect at the moment , try again in a little bit" My WiFi connection works just fine, my laptop is up to date, my search bar works too, and I tried using a local account, but still don't work. this is...
  5. Home button is not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Home button is not working: So the home button on my keyboard doesn't work. It's clean and it registers on a keyboard tester online. However, it doesn't bring to the beginning of the line for some reason. Oddly enough ctrl and alt home works, but not home itself. The onscreen home doesn't work either....
  6. Cortana can't connect to the internet

in Cortana
    Cortana can't connect to the internet: if i try to talk to Cortana, it says that it can't connect to the internet...I think the problem occurred because i tried to change Cortana's speech recognition language but now i don't know how to fix that...I've tried reinstalling the English(US) Speech Recognition pack...
  7. Connected Home unavailable - Cortana

in Cortana
    Connected Home unavailable - Cortana: I do not see in Cortana notebook menu connetted home. I call from Italy and I use Windows 10 in Italian. For this, I cannot control may Hue lights. Can You help me? ***Title modified from: cortana domotica***...
  8. Cortana not connecting to the Internet on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Cortana not connecting to the Internet on Windows 10: [ATTACH] Cortana is one of the most sophisticated of AI assistants in the market. However you may at times face issues with Cortana, one of which is that Cortana doesn’t connect to the Internet- even though you can access the Internet [...] This post Cortana not connecting...
  9. Cortana will not connect to the internet.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cortana will not connect to the internet.: I use Cortana to go to places on the internet and It will not connect to it by voice commands. I can type in what I want and it goes to it. Can anyone tell me why Cortana will not connect to the internet. My default Browser is Google Chrome. Any help would be appreciated....
  10. Cortana and Search buttons not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana and Search buttons not working: Recently I noticed Cortana had failed to operate when I hit the button. Then I noticed that when I hit search, again nothing happened. I think these problems may be related. 77278

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cortana not connecting to internet on windows phone