Windows 10: HOME icon functionality and redundancy. HOME is still a mystery to me.....

Discus and support HOME icon functionality and redundancy. HOME is still a mystery to me..... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; 1. Research says it is the new name for Quick Access. What I don't undersatnd is it's inherit redundancy. My Quick Access Icons appear just under home.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Clifford M, Mar 2, 2024.

1. HOME icon functionality and redundancy. HOME is still a mystery to me.....

1. Research says it is the new name for Quick Access. What I don't undersatnd is it's inherit redundancy. My Quick Access Icons appear just under home. One mouse click and I'm done. Now the plan is I must look at the items in Quick Access all day but I'm supposed to do an extra mouse click to enter the app from indsie HOME?2. A good use is that recent files show up in Quick Access and I go to home to access a folder or App. But...if you delete the item from Quick Access it does not appear in HOME as that is just mirroring the Quick Access items. Result redundancy. I don't understand MS intent

:)

Clifford M, Mar 2, 2024

2. Mysterious blue earth icon appearing and disappearing ?

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and your effort towards resolving it.

I would suggest you to hover the mouse on that blue earth icon to know the name of the application.

If you are able to identify that application name then, I suggest you to check if that application is present in the
    Programs and Features. Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button and select Control Panel from the list.
    • Click on Programs and Features.
    • Check if that application is present.
    Also, check if that application is present in the Apps & features from the following steps:

• Press Windows + I keys from the Keyboard to open the
      Settings.
    • Click on System and click on Apps & features from the left pane.
    • Check if that application is present.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Mar 2, 2024
  3. Dann Ave Win User
    Mystery Icons in Windows 10

Hello Walt,

The details for the icons visible on the system tray can be viewed if you move your mouse and place the cursor on the icon. This will give you the idea on what it is for before you click them.

If you wish to set which icons will show on the system tray, you can perform the following steps:

• Right-click on the taskbar and select Settings.
    • Under Notification area, click on the blue link that says
      Select which icons appear on the taskbar
    • On the list of icons, select which will be the ones you want to show on the taskbar.

If you need further assistance or clarification, feel free to respond on this post.

Dann Ave, Mar 2, 2024
  4. HOME icon functionality and redundancy. HOME is still a mystery to me.....

Mystery try icons appeared, point cursor at them, they disappear...

Dear All:

i have these mysterious tray icons appearing (top left corner, top row, the left three icons). windows 10, 64.

i looked at my start up list on the task manager, none match these icons.

two of the icons are the same (left most two on the top row): white/grey, wiht a bit of blue on the top half.

one is a mysterious red icon, a bit space age looking.

please see the attached pictures below.

once i point my cursor on those icons (or very close to them), they disappear.

i tried and tried to look them up but to no avail. any assistance would be most appreciated.

Thank you.

HOME icon functionality and redundancy. HOME is still a mystery to me..... 61t-mystery-try-icons-appeared-point-cursor-them-they-disappear-mysterious-tray-icons-2-20201213.jpg

HOME icon functionality and redundancy. HOME is still a mystery to me..... stery-try-icons-appeared-point-cursor-them-they-disappear-mysterious-tray-icons-red-big-20201213.jpg

HOME icon functionality and redundancy. HOME is still a mystery to me..... tery-try-icons-appeared-point-cursor-them-they-disappear-mysterious-tray-icons-grey-big-20201213.jpg

HOME icon functionality and redundancy. HOME is still a mystery to me..... -mystery-try-icons-appeared-point-cursor-them-they-disappear-mysterious-tray-icons-grey-20201213.jpg

HOME icon functionality and redundancy. HOME is still a mystery to me..... 9723t-mystery-try-icons-appeared-point-cursor-them-they-disappear-mysterious-tray-icons-20201213.jpg

Dualmonitors, Mar 2, 2024
Thema:

HOME icon functionality and redundancy. HOME is still a mystery to me.....

1. HOME icon functionality and redundancy. HOME is still a mystery to me..... - Similar Threads - HOME icon functionality

2. HOME icon functionality and redundancy. HOME is still a mystery to me.....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HOME icon functionality and redundancy. HOME is still a mystery to me.....: 1. Research says it is the new name for Quick Access. What I don't undersatnd is it's inherit redundancy. My Quick Access Icons appear just under home. One mouse click and I'm done. Now the plan is I must look at the items in Quick Access all day but I'm supposed to do an...
  3. Home Network Mystery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Home Network Mystery: Network Problem: Two PCs on my 5-PC home network are unable to access one particular PC. The other three PCs, including the “inaccessible” one, readily access each other. In other words, I have my intended two-way connectivity throughout except as stated above where I can...
  4. Home Network Mystery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Home Network Mystery: Network Problem: Two PCs on my 5-PC home network are unable to access one particular PC. The other three PCs, including the “inaccessible” one, readily access each other. In other words, I have my intended two-way connectivity throughout except as stated above where I can...
  5. Home Network Mystery

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. SysTray Redundant Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    SysTray Redundant Icons: I get this (attached) when I open the systray using the arrow up. This happens every morning. I then run the mouse cursor over the empty icons and the empty icons disappear. Just wondering why? [img] 174614
  7. Home page icon

Home page icon: My home page icon somehow was removed on Wednesday. I have no idea how it happened, if I did it I again did not do it intentionally. Can you help me restore the AT&T to the task bar. It is very hard using my laptop without it. T/Y Steve...
  8. Home Icon

Home Icon: I just updated from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro this past week. Thank You Microsoft for letting me do that free. But one thing I so miss is the Home Icon on my home screen. Is there any way to add the Home Icon to my home screen?...
  9. No Home Icon on "Edge"

in Browsers and Email
    No Home Icon on "Edge": Anyone know of any changes or workarounds 8371
  10. Mystery icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Mystery icon: Hi. Can anyone tell me what this icon is for? (Top-right) [img] All the others shown, when mouse-over (hover) present some text info but this icon nothing. I've tried left-click, double-click, right-click ... nothing. T.I.A. *Smile 38413