Windows 10: Home Network Problem

Discus and support Home Network Problem in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Have three computers on my network,two windows 10 and one windows7. Problem is with Remote Desktop Connection,works perfect with the windows7 computer.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by zplugger, Feb 14, 2016.

1. zplugger Win User

Home Network Problem

Have three computers on my network,two windows 10 and one windows7. Problem is with Remote Desktop Connection,works perfect with the windows7 computer. Can't get it to connect with the other windows10 computer,wants a user and password. There is no password on the computer? Why does it work on windows7 and not 10?*Sick

:)

zplugger, Feb 14, 2016

2. Home networking problem

I also have this problem. I have tried all of the obvious options. Advanced network sharing options, Media Player sharing options. I get so far and click the button to "Turn on Media Streaming" and nothing happened. The OK box is greyed out. I have tried
    the c# script, setting the service to Automatic, uninstalling and reinstalling Media Player. I assume there must be some registry settings I can change to enable this. (Whatever clicking the button would do) Please help me out with this as this!

Chris_Orgel, Feb 14, 2016
  3. Home networking problem

Hi guys

I also have networking isuues. I've upgrade a decktop and two laptops from 7 to Windows 10. Prior to these upgrades the the machines could see my Nas and media players. Now, these three machines can only see each other. I have tried disabling anti virus
    and fire wall, checked the registry for redundant VPN software, reset the router, un-installed the network card and re-installed.

I'm stuck, can anyone offer some help

thx

Hi again

All sorted now, re-installed windows and it fixed itself!.

regards

Phil

PhilThomas_995, Feb 14, 2016
  4. wyldman68 Win User

Home Network Problem

Remote desktop needs a username and usually a password. You can set it to remember the username and password. Also, Home versions of Windows 7 and 10 cannot be Remote Desktopped into. You may need to use VNC or Teamviewer.

wyldman68, Feb 14, 2016
  5. zplugger Win User
    Something new in windows10? I can connect to the windows7 computer without password?

zplugger, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Home Network Problem

1. Home Network Problem - Similar Threads - Home Network Problem

2. Networking two windows computers within home network problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Networking two windows computers within home network problem: I have 2 windows PC's. Both on a local network. Both linked to a Microsoft account. Both set up to use a PIN or Facial recognition to login to windows. All that works fine. What I am trying to do is locally access PC1 from PC2 and vice versa. This used to work just fine until...
  3. Networking two windows computers within home network problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Networking two windows computers within home network problem: I have 2 windows PC's. Both on a local network. Both linked to a Microsoft account. Both set up to use a PIN or Facial recognition to login to windows. All that works fine. What I am trying to do is locally access PC1 from PC2 and vice versa. This used to work just fine until...
  4. Home network problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Home network problem: Windows 11 laptop and Windows 8.1 cannot find each other on home network. Windows 11 cannot find networked printer either. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/home-network-problem/befe45a3-a1f2-4988-9c67-baac6c45223f
  5. Home network problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Home network problem: Windows 11 laptop and Windows 8.1 cannot find each other on home network. Windows 11 cannot find networked printer either. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/home-network-problem/befe45a3-a1f2-4988-9c67-baac6c45223f
  6. Windows 10 Home Network access problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Home Network access problem: I have two Windows 10 Home computers that I want to be able to share files between, but I need help! My desktop ethernet and laptop wireless are on the same private network in my home. My two hostnames are \\Desktop\Users\Dougbert\Upstairs...
  7. Home Network Problems

Home Network Problems: So I am some issues with 2 of my PC's not seeing each other on my network. I have 3 PC's a tower and 2 laptops. Both laptop are connected wifi and tower wired all PCs running Windows 10. I do have Google WiFi with mesh network. My laptop see all computer however my tower and...
  8. home network problem

home network problem: I am connected to my secure home network via wifi with a laptop, but when I use File Explorer I do not see the other computers on my network. Even the Readyshare memory stick that is connected to the router does not show. I need to move some files between this laptop and...
  9. Home network problem

Home network problem: I have 6 computer on my home network, everything was working fine until about 2 weeks ago when I noticed I no longer could access my backup server. I am using windows 10 pro on all computers, I can still access 3 of the 6 computers and all of there folders and files. The 3...
  10. Folder Sharing Problem on Home (Workgroup) Network

Folder Sharing Problem on Home (Workgroup) Network: I'm John and I'm unable to share a folder on my PC with a specific person on a different PC on our home workgroup network. I can share the folder with Everyone, but Windows fails to find the specific user on our home network. We have 3 Win 10 PCs on our home network: MaryPC...