Windows 10: Home & Student 2016 and Home & Business 2013

Discus and support Home & Student 2016 and Home & Business 2013 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I plan on buying 2 Microsoft Office Home & Student 2016 programs: one for my win10 laptop & one for my Win10 desktop. --- Is it necessary to have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MeAndMyComputer, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Home & Student 2016 and Home & Business 2013

I plan on buying 2 Microsoft Office Home & Student 2016 programs: one for my win10 laptop & one for my Win10 desktop.
    --- Is it necessary to have a Microsoft account in order to install & use Microsoft Office Home & Student 2016?

If I sell or replace either or both computers in the future, would I be able to uninstall Microsoft Office Home & Student 2016 & install it on a replacement computer?
    --- Whatever the rules are, it is what it is, but I'd like to know.

Back in Jul 2016 I upgraded a Win10 laptop to Win10 Pro for my son as a gift.
    --- I also included Microsoft Home & Business 2013
    --- While installing it I used my Microsoft account to install it not realizing that my name now is tied to that Microsoft Home & Business 2013 forever I guess.
    --- Technically my name showing up when it does isn't a problem with my son but I wish I would have known ahead of time.
    --- I volunteer at our Senior Center and if someone asks me to install a Microsoft Office product some day, I'd like to explain to them the correct information

Back to the installed Microsoft Home & Business 2013, I have the product key for it since I bought it at Walmart
    --- I have a habit of using Belarc for a nice easy read of what a the computer consists of
    --- For the Microsoft Home & Business 2013 they report (Key: ends with xxxxx) which does not match the last 5 characters of the product key I have.
    --- Why is that?

:)

MeAndMyComputer, Feb 6, 2017
  2. Jelu Cal Win User

Outlook icon not in Control Panel

We appreciate your response. The Microsoft Office Home and Student 2016 suite includes Word 2016, Excel 2016, PowerPoint 2016, and OneNote 2016. The Outlook application is included in

Office 365 Personal and Home editions
    as well as in
    Office Home & Business 2016
    . If you'd like to have Outlook on your device, we'd recommend upgrading to the aforementioned suites or purchase the

standalone
    version of Outlook.

To know more about Office Home & Student 2016, click on this
    link

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jelu Cal, Feb 6, 2017
  3. Outlook 2016 fails to install

Uninstall Home & Student, then install Outlook 2016, then reinstall Home & Student.

Andre Da Costa, Feb 6, 2017
  4. Home & Student 2016 and Home & Business 2013

Is it necessary to have an account, yes. They make you log in to get the download.

Yes you can uninstall if you sell device. Yes you can install on new device but they might make you go through a process to assure them you are not installing more licenses than you own. (At least that has always been the way.)

Yes your senior should have a Microsoft account for their software install. They may need to re-install and they can't be calling you for your password. (I volunteer as well and teach a Cyber Seniors course. Love it when they start sending email, they feel connected.)

They need this account for the app store and likely should be logging on with it. Then if they forget you can access online and manage. More often than not people have one admin signing in locally and then forget password, password gets corrupted or they change the user, accidentally. I always install a second admin account so I have "a second set of keys to the cars" if they reject MS account. Then they want a game and we get account.

I might do a cost analysis on buying vs lease. Yes the $99 looks expensive but if you want to stay current it is they way to go, especially when you get to three machines. (counting your sons), and you get the entire product suite including Outlook for five devices. (The business product alone is a killer.) (At least it was five devices.)

Not avoiding key question. You can search "why does belarc not show real licensing key" and it will produce pages. I keep pdf's of all keys I install for myself and clients, so like you I know the correct key. (and backups of backups so they are always available.)

Caledon Ken, Feb 6, 2017
  5. Thanks for your answers: they make sense for me.

MeAndMyComputer, Feb 7, 2017
  6. pparks1 Win User
    I use Office 365. I have the full office suite on 2 desktops, my wifes laptop and a copy for my Mac and my daughters Mac. And we each get 1TB of OneDrive space. So 5TB of OneDrive space. Cannot beat that for $99 a year. No-brainer.

pparks1, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Home & Student 2016 and Home & Business 2013

1. Home & Student 2016 and Home & Business 2013 - Similar Threads - Home Student 2016

2. Microsoft Office Home and Student 2016

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Office Home and Student 2016: I use Microsoft Office Home and Student 2016. Both Excel and Word the only programs I use frequently stop with a message that the program needs to be repaired and immediately closed down. I have modified the Office app using both Quick Repair and the longer On-line Repair,...
  3. Microsoft Office Home and Student 2016

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Office Home and Student 2016: I use Microsoft Office Home and Student 2016. Both Excel and Word the only programs I use frequently stop with a message that the program needs to be repaired and immediately closed down. I have modified the Office app using both Quick Repair and the longer On-line Repair,...
  4. Microsoft Office Home and Student 2016

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Office 2016 (Home and Student)

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 2016 (Home and Student): Can anyone explain to me why I have duplicate entries for my office programs in my start menu? For one entry, the icon is normal in size and for the other entry, the icon is tiny in size. Also why do all (4) programs for Office 2016 appear tiny in size in the control panel?...
  6. Office Home & Student 2016 not working

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Office Home & Student 2016 not working: Hi, I purchased this laptop in Jan'18 for my daughter who is a student. Have bill. Laptop had pre-loadedOffice Home & Student 2016. She suffered a hard disk crash recently and got it replaced. Now when she is trying to use her Office it is asking for product key. What do we...
  7. Office home & Business 2013

in Windows 10 Customization
    Office home & Business 2013: My laptop went to computer home in the sky. I purchased a new laptop. Office H & B 2013 gives me an invalid product key when I try to install. I had Windows 10 on my old laptop and it worked fine. What's wrong?? I am comfortable with this program and would like to stick...
  8. Office Home Student 2013 and OneDrive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Office Home Student 2013 and OneDrive: I thought I had eliminate the OneDrive from my Lenovo Flex5 laptop with Windows 10 but although the Task Manager Startup shows no entries of OneDrive I discovered that the System Information\Software Environment\Startup Programs had 3 entries of OneDrive shown in the...
  9. office 2013 home student

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    office 2013 home student: I have been using office 2013 for a number of years and have a significant number of excel and word files in the document section of each applications. I tried to open my office program today and was advised that, in order to open any number of excel files I would have to...
  10. Word for Home & Student 2016

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Word for Home & Student 2016: I Purchase this last month and it worked perfectly well, however I can no longer open my files an I get an Error message This operating system is not presently configured to run this application. Any suggestions?...