Windows 10: HomeGroup Duplicate account

Discus and support HomeGroup Duplicate account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, i upgrade my copy of windows 7 home basic to windows 10 home. In old windows 7 i have only one account named xxx. After upgrade to windows 10, i... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by pierinho, Aug 7, 2015.

1. pierinho Win User

HomeGroup Duplicate account

Hi, i upgrade my copy of windows 7 home basic to windows 10 home. In old windows 7 i have only one account named xxx. After upgrade to windows 10, i found my old account xxx, then i sign in with my microsoft account. I connect to my home Group, then now i found in home group 2 user, my old xxx and my new microsoft account. Can i delete my old xxx account to home group? >I try to disconnect to home group and reconnect...
    Thanks, and sorry for my english... i'm Italian.

:)

pierinho, Aug 7, 2015

2. Login screen Windows 10

Hi Harold, you were right.

After I reboted the laptop the problem reappears.

But I think there is a pattern: the duplicated mail address and gone user name issue happens when I joined a H>omegroup.

Same thing happened with my HTPC,, user name was present until joining the Homegroup.

I also tried to use the nemtplwiz utility to no avail. There seems to be something in the Homegroup joining procedure that clears the display name of the MS user account.

Hope someone finds a clue.

Regards.

Mirko

Mirko Torrez Contreras, Aug 7, 2015
  3. Edward_b Win User
    Computer can't leave homegroup after W10 upgrade. Thinks it isn't in it.

On the other 2 computers, both computers detect that Accounting is part of a homegroup.

Going through the wizard, it asks for the password for the homegroup on Accounting.

But as I mentioned, on Accounting I can't view, print or exit from that homegroup.

Note that I tried the homegroup troubleshooter and found no issues.

Edward_b, Aug 7, 2015
  4. ImNotMark Win User

same problem here. really annoying. tried removing PC's from homegroup and making a new one, same thing.
    HomeGroup Duplicate account [​IMG]

ImNotMark, Aug 12, 2015
  5. ImNotMark Win User
    finally got it, made every PC leave the homegroup followed by the dns flush and releasing the IP's then renewing them. no more clone

ImNotMark, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. HomeGroup Duplicate account - Similar Threads - HomeGroup Duplicate account

2. Duplicate accounts

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Duplicate accounts: Recently had to reinstall Windows due to hard drive failure. Now when booting up I see 2 accounts on the lower left screen. Same name, same password. I can choose either account with no differences in programs or functions. I'd like to eliminate one account & be able to...
  3. Duplicate accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate accounts: Recently had to reinstall Windows due to hard drive failure. Now when booting up I see 2 accounts on the lower left screen. Same name, same password. I can choose either account with no differences in programs or functions. I'd like to eliminate one account & be able to...
  4. Duplicate accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Duplicate Accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate Accounts: Hi,I have duplicate Microsoft account one which I created with my cell number when I signed into Windows on a new computer I got this week and another previous account I had associated with my email. Can I merge the accounts?...
  6. Duplicate account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Duplicate account: Hi All,I’ve just changed my bios to uefi and all running well on my Windows 10 pro except when I boot up at the login I have 2 accounts in my name, see images, I sign in to my account and when I try to find and delete the duplicate there isn’t any other accounts either in...
  7. duplicate accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    duplicate accounts: [ATTACH]why do i have multiple infos in my pc and theyre all duplicates https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/duplicate-accounts/0b9c3b33-1bcc-46d6-a8b2-ecd7870c439e
  8. duplicate accounts

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    duplicate accounts: Microsoft created a requirement that I log in with a password with windows 10 which I did not want. I created a password and used the instructions to tell it to never ask for a password, but it constantly ask for one, both on start up and after it puts itself to sleep. This...
  9. Duplicate account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Duplicate account: Hi I have accidentally duplicated my Windows account; I now have set up two accounts on my PC with almost the same user name but the same Outlook address for both. Now on Startup I get both my names showing. The most recent one has no files associated with it and I would like...
  10. Duplicate Accounts

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Duplicate Accounts: I have two Microsoft accounts. They have different names. One has an old e-mail address. It was the first account set up, but it needs to be the one that is deleted. It is always the one that comes up for anything I do with Microsoft accounts. I cannot remember the...